José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

All we do on here is speculate.. I find it hard to believe that MA will be willing to bend to much on a new deal if he can get £8m + for him.

I don't expect him to bend much either, but all contract talks are negotiations, I'm hoping we aren't stupid enough to offer Jose one figure then tell him to fuck off if he questions it.

All we do on here is speculate.. I find it hard to believe that MA will be willing to bend to much on a new deal if he can get £8m + for him.

I don't expect him to bend much either, but all contract talks are negotiations, I'm hoping we aren't stupid enough to offer Jose one figure then tell him to fuck off if he questions it.

I hope its not that too but its how I imagine Lambias doing things.

Of course he won't, which is why they would rather cash in.

I dont see why its hard to believe.  Even if you believe the whole "Ashley will sell anyone for profit" theory even he will realise that Enrique on a long contract will bring in a much higher fee than Enrique on a one year contract.  No matter what his motivation is he'll want him on a new deal.

Anyone watch that Alan Sugar documentary about The Premier League last night?

Scary stuff! 

Actually made me think that Ashley is doing exactly what should be done financially, especially in terms of putting a salary cap in place. Don't get me wrong, the guy is still a massive cunt but anyone who watched the programme last night will understand what I mean.

If Enrique demands more than we're prepared to offer him then let him go.

Guest BooBoo

I could never sit easily with the idea that Ashley has the right ideas but there is some sense in running a club within its means. Its ridiculously naive to think that we should expect any private owner (unless a stupidly rich Oil Baron who has money to burn) to simply rack up a load of debt by tossing ludicrous money around, especially on the wrong players. We tried that with Shepherd and under his leadership the club was groaning under debt a long time before Fat Ash rolled along.

I dont see why its hard to believe.  Even if you believe the whole "Ashley will sell anyone for profit" theory even he will realise that Enrique on a long contract will bring in a much higher fee than Enrique on a one year contract.  No matter what his motivation is he'll want him on a new deal.

You make a fair point.. no doubt its why Tiote was given a 6 year deal.

I dont see why its hard to believe.  Even if you believe the whole "Ashley will sell anyone for profit" theory even he will realise that Enrique on a long contract will bring in a much higher fee than Enrique on a one year contract.  No matter what his motivation is he'll want him on a new deal.

I love the optimism on here :lol:

I love the optimism on here :lol:

I often think the motto of this board should be - 'Every silver lining has a big, black cloud behind it'.

Guest michaelfoster

there's no way he's staying man, he said wait till the end of the season before looking at a new contract when in all reality he wants to play for Spain which he knows he wont at NUFC, dont think theres much we could do to get him to change his mind imo

His performances have dipped in the last month or so, so it does look as though he knows he's away

Still think, and it's just a gut feeling, that his head was turned a few months ago. Nothing to back it up but it's a hunch.

The fact he's said he wants to wait 'til we were safe before thinking about a new contract (or words to that effect) always stunk of a holding phrase which placated the fans without committing to anything. Resigned to him leaving but I'll be delighted to keep him if he decides to stay.

He's got ambition the owners can't match. 

But looking ahead to next season, Enrique told the Chronicle: “To finish in the top 10 is important this season.

“We’ll see what happens next year and which players come to us.

“We have a great squad here though, and we have been very unlucky with injuries.

“Next season we will hopefully get new players and try to build on a top-10 finish.”

Those comments, with reference to next season, are encouraging. Don't want to get my hopes up too much only to be let down, but he didn't have to make those comments even if he doesn't want to directly talk about his future.

The interview does seem to leave the door open.

Just feel he's likely to have already been made a better offer than he'll get from us, and he'll be off.

All interested clubs will have let his agent know by now.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Just feel he's likely to have already been made a better offer than he'll get from us, and he'll be off.

Fat mike will make them pay though

He'll get at least 10 mil off someone

How many left backs have gone for 10 mil + 60k a week. That's a big outlay for someone with faults

Fat mike will make them pay though

He'll get at least 10 mil off someone

How many left backs have gone for 10 mil + 60k a week. That's a big outlay for someone with faults

Would like to think if it's Liverpool, they'll be paying an extra premium!