José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Whereas we won't will be able to offer European football any time in the forseeable future? You said it.

The top six (or seven if you include Everton) is a closed shop. It would take at least a couple of seasons of substantial investment to break it in my opinion.

Even if we spend 50m per annum, we won't be in a position to offer him the chance to show himself off in the Champions League before Euro 2012 or even WC 2014.

He's progressed faster than the club and we can't keep up. Simples.

Whereas we won't will be able to offer European football any time in the forseeable future? You said it.

The top six (or seven if you include Everton) is a closed shop. It would take at least a couple of seasons of substantial investment to break it in my opinion.

top 6 certainly seems closed for the moment, wouldn't say 7th is closed as of yet but lot of clubs would be aiming for it in Villa, Everton, Stoke, Bolton, Us, The Mackems etc, and even then, The Europa League isn't exactly a huge draw for players

Well yeah, you said it again. We're not going to be offering European football for the foreseeable future by losing our best players and without making significant investment in the squad.

In which case I hope Pardew is ready for the turnover in players, because the likes of Enrique, Tiote, Ben Arfa and so on won't stick around for the laugh.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I don't think Europa League would be a pull to keep him. He'll want Champions League.

He won't get that at Liverpool!

He's served us admirably and stuck with us at our lowest ebb.

People shouldn't ever forget that.

No he didn't! As I said a few weeks ago, he only stayed because no one would take him. Fair enough, he was amazing and has been for about 20 months but that doesn't mean he wanted to stay, just no one would have him. If he wants to fuck off let him, ungrateful spic. Club doesn't revolve around a left back,man. Even if he is a class one. My vote goes to PVA.

Prophet, I'd say it's more than barely anyone, and I think the number will grow in time, but all the same he's been a very big and positive part of this club for years - and could have been even more so - for me so I still think the point should be made to anyone who's started knocking that.

It's a tradition thing, club loyalty and such - history shouldn't be rewritten. It's like sticking up for Hughton when people start rewriting history about his management, too - nothing to do with Ashley, just doing the right thing and putting in a word for a good servant to my club who's being denigrated. Enrique has had some of his BEST games for us since January, whereas a number say he's been a good bit worse ever since he had his head turned and clearly was less bothered about us. Others have started saying he only became particularly good last year in Division 2 in the first place. Bollocks, I say.

if he goes to liverpool for £15m, then those fuckers have given us £50m in less than 6months. Can't see their fans being to happy about that. Would prefer he went to a Spanish side however.

Do you honestly think any club is going to pay £15m for a player they could get for nothing in 12 months time?

In the real world I would guess the price will be around £8m. Personally I would hold out for £10m otherwise make him honour his contract, but the club won't want an unhappy player and will almost certainly take less and use it to buy a new left back.

I don't think Europa League would be a pull to keep him. He'll want Champions League.

They're trying though, which is kinda the point.

Liverpool have sold 3 of their best 4 players in the last two years. Unfortunately with their name they're always going to attract big names.

Their net spend for the past 4 years is something like uh... 0 isn't it?

Liverpool were up shit creek last season but being the jammy scouse bastards thast they are, were bailed out by the former owner taking the hit for their financial mis-management. You can't legislate for that sort of luck.

Liverpool have sold 3 of their best 4 players in the last two years. Unfortunately with their name they're always going to attract big names.

Define net spend.

Liverpool were up shit creek last season but being the jammy scouse bastards thast they are, were bailed out by the former owner taking the hit for their financial mis-management. You can't legislate for that sort of luck.

you can legislate for them always getting that kind of luck, don't qualify for champions league the normal way like everyone else, fluke a penalty shoot out win and have the rules changed for you etc

Liverpool have sold Torres, who was on the downward track, as well as losing Alonso and Mascherano to bigger and better clubs. Their net spend is irrelevant because they've wisely reinvested the money. It's exactly what we have to do with Carroll and now Jose.

It's the way of football, clubs frequently lose players to clubs further up the pecking order. Spurs lost Keane and Berbatov but reinvested superbly and look where they are now. We have to do the same, that's why this is such a massive summer in terms of Ashley's intentions.

He's served us admirably and stuck with us at our lowest ebb.

People shouldn't ever forget that.

No he didn't! As I said a few weeks ago, he only stayed because no one would take him. Fair enough, he was amazing and has been for about 20 months but that doesn't mean he wanted to stay, just no one would have him. If he wants to fuck off let him, ungrateful spic. Club doesn't revolve around a left back,man. Even if he is a class one. My vote goes to PVA.

Prophet, I'd say it's more than barely anyone, and I think the number will grow in time, but all the same he's been a very big and positive part of this club for years - and could have been even more so - for me so I still think the point should be made to anyone who's started knocking that.

It's a tradition thing, club loyalty and such - history shouldn't be rewritten. It's like sticking up for Hughton when people start rewriting history about his management, too - nothing to do with Ashley, just doing the right thing and putting in a word for a good servant to my club who's being denigrated. Enrique has had some of his BEST games for us since January, whereas a number say he's been a good bit worse ever since he had his head turned and clearly was less bothered about us. Others have started saying he only became particularly good last year in Division 2 in the first place. Bollocks, I say.

We should have a "nail on the head" smiley coded :80:

For the first time in as long as anyone can remember we have a back four that doesn't scare the shit out of you. I remember watching us away at arsenal at my dads, and him saying how surreal it was watching us look so comfortable and safe against a top side. Whatever they threw at us they weren't getting through, and having watched kamikaze defending for my entire life it was as enjoyable as a 5-0 win. Jose has played a massive part in this, Colos calmness too but if Jose goes i'm terrified we'll regress years.

Define net spend.

I think I'd have to give you the long version with difficult concepts like adding and subtracting.

Can see them qualifying the the Champions League next season.