José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Someone (elsewhere) had met Graham Carr flying out to the far east, some months ago, and Carr said there'd be big changes this summer and Jose was definitely away, "he just fancies a change".

Be a miracle if he signs. BTW he is already the second highest paid left back in the country behind only Cashley Cole.

He's not, two lads at Man City on much more.

You sure ??

I think it is fair to say Bridge is on more.

Guest kesse

@J_Enrique3

José Enrique

not want to talk to much but contract is out of my hand and down to the club. much love everyone!

@J_Enrique3

José Enrique

not want to talk to much but contract is out of my hand and down to the club. much love everyone!

That Twitter account's out of his hands too since it isn't him.

Someone (elsewhere) had met Graham Carr flying out to the far east, some months ago, and Carr said there'd be big changes this summer and Jose was definitely away, "he just fancies a change".

Be a miracle if he signs. BTW he is already the second highest paid left back in the country behind only Cashley Cole.

He's not, two lads at Man City on much more.

You sure ??

I think it is fair to say Bridge is on more.

Cannot see Jose earning more than Bridge,Kolarov,Evra,Glen Johnson

I'd assume this was just ITK bollocks but it interests me that you mention that Carr was flying out to the Far East, given that there was rumors about Carr coming over here to look at a Korean player last month and I just dismissed them as... well.. ITK bollocks.

Not claiming ITK at all, it was a while ago, was South Korea I believe, the Barton shenanigans brought it (the big changes bit) back to mind, that's all.

Well, if we put two and two together it does seem like Carr was indeed in Korea to watch the player in question, without informing the player's agent or his club, even.

Probably not a whole lot in it since obviously we don't make a bid for everyone we scout, but interesting that he's coming all the way out here nevertheless.

I fairness, you don't have to inform a club (or player/agent) if you're purely scouting.

My cousins hubby is a freelance scout, most recently for WBA, he's based in NZ but spends a lot of time over here, the States and Europe.

He gets a list of player type/positions of interest to the club that's looking, sometimes it's a brief to look at a certain player, but not always. Sometimes it's because a fellow scout asks him to do a report on a specific player and cover some ground for him. It's a very you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours business. The head scouts, attached to clubs, may then take a personal look at a player if consistent reports are good. They get players watched multiple times by "thier mates".

Otherwise the "cousin-in-law" just takes in whatever games he can to see what takes his eye and will pass on leads/reports to his fellows in return for the same back, when he wants it. How they get paid if a lead is taken up I haven't a clue.

The media over here had the club officially rubbishing the rumors by saying "Newcastle didn't inform us that a scout was coming, therefore he couldn't have been here." I guess it's sort of a gentlemen's agreement thing?

Probably the new deal would make him the 2nd highest paid left back, though.

Probably not tbh.

Probably.

I think unless the club can match both his financial demand and ambition, he will leave very soon.  He can definitely demand higher salary in his new club like Carroll.

The other day I couldn't see any way that the club wouldn't want to sign Enrique up to a longer term deal but thinking about it I wonder if they do see him as replaceable?

It seems they've set their sights on M'Bengue who seems highly rated in France, is 2 1/2 years younger than Jose and I would bet would accept a wage a lot lower than Enrique too.

Enrique out for £6 million, M'Bengue in for £6 million, £20k per week saved on wages meaning £5 million+ over 5 years.

Probably not tbh.

Probably.

I think unless the club can match both his financial demand and ambition, he will leave very soon.  He can definitely demand higher salary in his new club like Carroll.

What Colocho said.

Probably not tbh.

Probably.

I don't see the similarities between him and Carroll, Carroll was reportedly on a lot less than Enrique and went for £35 million so any wage would reflect that, so while Carroll's wage could have jumped by £60k Enrique's will be lucky to jump by even half that.

I think we all know Enrique can be the best left back in Spain if he wants to be, if our club doesn’t help him move forward its his right to go to a club that would help him progress as a professional, as much as its going to suck to watch him leave i can't really blame him.

The other day I couldn't see any way that the club wouldn't want to sign Enrique up to a longer term deal but thinking about it I wonder if they do see him as replaceable?

It seems they've set their sights on M'Bengue who seems highly rated in France, is 2 1/2 years younger than Jose and I would bet would accept a wage a lot lower than Enrique too.

Enrique out for £6 million, M'Bengue in for £6 million, £20k per week saved on wages meaning £5 million+ over 5 years.

I doubt we are replacing Enrique in order to save money because that's a false economy. Enrique is battle hardened and proven in the premier whereas M'Bengue will be raw and might not settle however highly rated he is. We could lose £1m a year just in finishing lower in the table if he doesn't perform like Enrique.

Jose is dragging his feet and we've seen that this regime won't be held to ransom by players who aren't committed to the cause.

Cant really blame the club at looking for another left back.

Enrique, i imagine, will be demanding quite a high wage, i also think he must be on a decent wage at the moment.

He is a very good left back, but his performances of late haven't been brilliant.

It would be disappointing if he did leave the club, but he did state that he would wait until the Summer to discuss any move, once we are safe, and it does seem that he has been more hesistant than the club, in regards to a new contract.

I'd assume this was just ITK bollocks but it interests me that you mention that Carr was flying out to the Far East, given that there was rumors about Carr coming over here to look at a Korean player last month and I just dismissed them as... well.. ITK bollocks.

Not claiming ITK at all, it was a while ago, was South Korea I believe, the Barton shenanigans brought it (the big changes bit) back to mind, that's all.

Well, if we put two and two together it does seem like Carr was indeed in Korea to watch the player in question, without informing the player's agent or his club, even.

Probably not a whole lot in it since obviously we don't make a bid for everyone we scout, but interesting that he's coming all the way out here nevertheless.

I fairness, you don't have to inform a club (or player/agent) if you're purely scouting.

My cousins hubby is a freelance scout, most recently for WBA, he's based in NZ but spends a lot of time over here, the States and Europe.

He gets a list of player type/positions of interest to the club that's looking, sometimes it's a brief to look at a certain player, but not always. Sometimes it's because a fellow scout asks him to do a report on a specific player and cover some ground for him. It's a very you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours business. The head scouts, attached to clubs, may then take a personal look at a player if consistent reports are good. They get players watched multiple times by "thier mates".

Otherwise the "cousin-in-law" just takes in whatever games he can to see what takes his eye and will pass on leads/reports to his fellows in return for the same back, when he wants it. How they get paid if a lead is taken up I haven't a clue.

The media over here had the club officially rubbishing the rumors by saying "Newcastle didn't inform us that a scout was coming, therefore he couldn't have been here." I guess it's sort of a gentlemen's agreement thing?

Scouts don't usually sit in the Directors box, they'll just get a ticket like everyone else (through a contact) . From what I hear scouts are like the mafia, without the killings :)

I hope the board is only thinking about that if Enrique has made it clear that he's not staying, no matter what.

It'd be a huge gamble to replace Enrique, no matter who we realistically replace him with. It's certainly not worth the gamble to save £20k a week.

Still, I won't hold it against neither the board nor Enrique should he leave for a better team, providing that we actually do offer him a good contract.

I doubt we are replacing Enrique in order to save money because that's a false economy. Enrique is battle hardened and proven in the premier whereas M'Bengue will be raw and might not settle however highly rated he is. We could lose £1m a year just in finishing lower in the table if he doesn't perform like Enrique.

Jose is dragging his feet and we've seen that this regime won't be held to ransom by players who aren't committed to the cause.

Is it a false economy if the money saved is used for wages in other areas?

The players we've reportedly bid for won't come cheap and I don't think the club would want to push the wage bill up much further after making such a noise about getting it down in the first place, it would make sense for them to move on 2 high earners that they think they are able to replace in Barton and Enrique and replace them for similar fee's with M'Bengue and Cabaye, that way the wages saved can go towards the likes of Gervinho or N'Zogbia.

I'm feeling pretty confident about this.

Weirdly enough, so am I. And I don't have a clue why. Just a feeling he'll sign on the dotted line.

I'm feeling pretty confident about this.

Weirdly enough, so am I. And I don't have a clue why. Just a feeling he'll sign on the dotted line.

I don't personally, the club seem to be pursuing M'Bengue quite seriously now. Plus if they are thinking like Baggio then they might have already allocated his wages elsewhere.

"gran partida de paddel que e perdido aunque lo e dado todo en el campo jajajajaja. y ahora esta noche al cine a ver la pelicula de fast and furious 5 ata legooooo"

I love how people respond to that despite only understanding 3 words. :lol: