José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

I know it seems to be fashionable to hate Clichy at the moment, but getting him for £5m would be a very decent signing IMO.

I agree.  I thought he looked exceptional a couple of seasons ago and whenever I have seen play this season... he hasn't been as bad as others make out.

I would be very unhappy with Clichy.

I imagine you lot have the 'plays for a big club and must be good' tinted glasses on.  I assure you all that he has pace and that is it.  Horror show footballer, decent athlete.

FWIW I wasn't saying we should sign Clichy, I was just saying he's a decent player, and certainly not as bad as people seem to be saying on here.

It wasn't that long ago he was considered to be giving Evra a run for his money as the best LB in the league.

Indeed, i would be happy with a Clichy plus a couple of million for Enrique.

I'd actually expect to pay the top-up in order to land Clichy.

I'm not sure that Clichy would want to move from Arsenal to Liverpool. The money might be a factor, but whatever, he's been a fixture in the Arsenal team and it would be a big vote of no confidence in Arsenal's future.

Can't help but laugh at this.  You seriously think Clichy is a superior player to Enrique?  Let alone value based on TWO WHOLE seasons of being absolute garbage (liability is the best descriptor, mind).

Not sure how Clichy leaving Arsenal is particularly worrying from their perspective.

As I have rattled on about for long enough in this thread he has been a liability for 2 seasons.  Every Arsenal fan will tell you this.  Surely selling Clichy and finding a suitable replacement is a good thing and not a vote of no confidence?

Can't help but laugh at this.  You seriously think Clichy is a superior player to Enrique?  Let alone value based on TWO WHOLE seasons of being absolute garbage (liability is the best descriptor, mind).

Not sure how Clichy leaving Arsenal is particularly worrying from their perspective.

As I have rattled on about for long enough in this thread he has been a liability for 2 seasons.  Every Arsenal fan will tell you this.  Surely selling Clichy and finding a suitable replacement is a good thing and not a vote of no confidence?

If Clichy opts for Liverpool, he's basically saying that their prospects are better than Arsenal's. Wenger is desperate to keep the belief going in his players that they can raise their game that final notch which separates the Champions from the rest of the top four.

That's unless Wenger is happy to get rid of Clichy, which would surprise me.

As for how he compares with our lad, I wouldn't say that Jose was Mr Reliable either. There's maybe not a lot to chose between the two, but rating Clichy that bit higher doesn't strike me as strange. Liverpool seem to be thinking that way, after all.

He's not basically saying Liverpool's prospects are better than Arsenal's.  You could imply that, but nobody aside from Clichy will know - obviously.

More money, pushed out of the door, change of scenery...

He's not basically saying Liverpool's prospects are better than Arsenal's.  You could imply that, but nobody aside from Clichy will know - obviously.

If it's scenery he's after, he'll be disappointed. ho ho.

If it's scenery he's after, he'll be disappointed. ho ho.

He would be if the change of scenery is Liverpool. What a shit-hole that town is. People from me ask me if they should go, to see the "Home of the Beatles" and I tell them not to bother.