José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Dummet heading for USA.

And despite the long journey ahead, the tough-tackling left-back could not hide his excitement when nufc.co.uk spoke to him just before he boarded the plane.

Bye Bye Jose. Gonna miss you, guess we'll replace you just as we did with  carroll.

SunSteveBrenner Steve Brenner

Jose blast has come, I believe, as a reaction to the goings on out here.Camp not the happiest place.Pardew knows he will leave #nufc

Something has happened like , worrying :(

If that's true then it won't be a new thing - this will have been simmering for some time, probably since Ashley binned Hughton and sold Carroll. Club are treading in dangerous waters, IMO. We've seen what can happen before when the players aren't happy. It would appear the owner has not learned his lesson.

Guest BooBoo

You do wonder if something else has been made known to the players along the lines of "no more incoming players" or that certain players will be sold. The trip seems to have been a disaster.

Jose blast has come, I believe, as a reaction to the goings on out here.Camp not the happiest place.Pardew knows he will leave #nufc

Fucking hope that's not true, given the absences, injuries and so on I was hoping we'd at least get some team bonding out of it.

It might just mean the players who are leaving are disgruntled, i.e, Jose and his mates. Team spirit is down to Pardew now, I hope he's up to it.

I'd imagine that Enrique regrets making out that he'd sign once he knew we were safe, because it seems that he's had it in his mind that he'd sign when he was convinced we were going somewhere.  He'll definitely get the "greedy Judas cunt" treatment by a good few like, but I'm not sure what a player could do to not get that treatment from some of our lot these days.  Not a player who's on the up anyway, it's easy to wish someone like Shefki Kuqi well when he leaves.

Fucking hope that's not true, given the absences, injuries and so on I was hoping we'd at least get some team bonding out of it.

The thing is, for all of his flaws (and he had a fair fucking few) Nolan is a loss in terms of team spirit and togetherness.

With Barton too perhaps not in the best of frames of mind and Coloccini not the most vocal of Captains, you have to look at who is going to generate a renewed team spirit.

That, coupled with the recruitment of the frenchies, who NUFC has a history of disaster with in terms of morale etc I can see big issues this year for the club.

How anyone can say that he's right to do this in public is beyond me like. All it does is serve to give the press stories of unrest. Much better to deal with these things in private, whether his allegations are true or not.

By the way, in response to that Steve Brenner quote, Coloccini said yesterday that the atmosphere and team spirit was very good in the camp. Certainly looks good from the training pics as well.

It seems something has happened today though. Hence Jose's outburst.

Do you think £35m would break the top 5. Serious question.

I think bringing in N'Zogbia and Sturridge would have given us a good chance of fighting for or qualifying for the UEFA and I think 35 million would have been enough to bring those two in.

How anyone can say that he's right to do this in public is beyond me like. All it does is serve to give the press stories of unrest. Much better to deal with these things in private, whether his allegations are true or not.

By the way, in response to that Steve Brenner quote, Coloccini said yesterday that the atmosphere and team spirit was very good in the camp. Certainly looks good from the training pics as well.

There's been very upbeat quotes from Taylor and some of the new recruits as well. Brenner might just be talking sensationalist shite.

What makes you said that?

I think bringing in N'Zogbia and Sturridge would have given us a good chance of fighting for or qualifying for the UEFA and I think 35 million would have been enough to bring those two in.

:sadnod:

The tour has been a shambles from start to finish. Poor organisation, poor PR regarding the visa issues, poor performances, poor results, injuries, players coming and going, Enrique slagging the club on Twitter...

Hardly the way to start the season flying.  :undecided:

What's the Captain gonna say?

'We're a fucking selling club, everyone here knows he's only a window away from being fucked off to another club if the owners are happy with the bid, so morale is a bit shit'?

Do you think that's enough for Enrique just playing Europa League though? I also don't see any reason why we can't challenge top 7 even with two lesser players.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Has Pardew not been saying stuff in public about Jose

Hes had his head turned

We have made him an exceptional offer

Not exactly endorsing him.

He would have been better saying

Jose's attitude during training has been first class

Until he asks to leave i have faith

What makes you said that?

Well if the captain says everything was good yesterday but Jose is kicking off and a reporter who is travelling with the team saying the camp is unhappy today it suggests something has happened recently. I duno im just guessing.

Do you think that's enough for Enrique just playing Europa League though?

I think it's more about seeing the club progress, being part of a happy camp and being on the right deal tbh.

Hence my earlier reply to you.

Guest BooBoo

I cant imagine the heat wave will have done much for the squad's morale either. Being asked to train and play in red hot and humid conditions would get on anyones tits. It's hard enough walking round DisneyLand in the Floridian sun, let alone play football.

Whatever spin Pardew puts on it, the trip was a bad idea. Playing and training in Orlando in the summer ffs.

The tour has been a shambles from start to finish. Poor organisation, poor PR regarding the visa issues, poor performances, poor results, injuries, players coming and going, Enrique slagging the club on Twitter...

Hardly the way to start the season flying.  :undecided:

The farce surrounding the plastic pitch at Orlando has been overlooked too. Their bloke said we'd agreed to play them on the condition that it was on grass - knowing full well they would have to lay it on top of their plastic pitch. Then they can't get the grass to work so we agree to play on plastic anyway? :lol:

Do you think that's enough for Enrique just playing Europa League though? I also don't see any reason why we can't challenge top 7 even with two lesser players.

For now, yup.

Do you think that's enough for Enrique just playing Europa League though?

I think it's more about seeing the club progress, being part of a happy camp and being on the right deal tbh.

Hence my earlier reply to you.

We were never going to progress to the level he wants to play at in the next 2-3 years at least so don't think that has any bearing, otherwise signing Tiote, and two full France internationals (who've achieved far more in their careers in France and internationally than Enrique has here by the way), would surely show some signs of progress. The only two players who've gone are players who were offered mental contracts and/or mega fees.