Predictions : The Next four games

Lloydie

In the season Bolton came up I remember Allardyce telling people that he'd set the team targets for each set of games. This led to the MOTD pundits asking each other 'do you really think he's got a list, that many points from each match?'. I think it's more likely that Allardyce was setting points targets for sets of matches. Thinking about that led me to look at our fixtures, and prior to the two week break at the start of September it looks like this

Bolton (A)

Villa (H)

'Boro (A)

Carling Cup 2nd Round

Wigan (H)

Last season those games brought us

Bolton, 1-2 defeat

Villa, 3-1 victory

'Boro, 0-1 defeat

Wigan, 2-1 victory

and for the cup we were in Europe instead...

So last time out we took 6 from a possible 12 points. What makes a good target this time? I'm not sure that any of those sides have progressed, Villa's squad has actually shrunk by six players so far this season. On the other hand we'll be adapting to a new system and trying to bed in new players. I'd say getting 6 points again would be poor, 7-8 OK, 9 or more good.

Personally I'm expecting decent home wins and some really dull away draws, courtesy of a big back line and a brutal midfield. I'd set a target of 8 points for the first four games. How about you guys?

Bolton away - Draw could sneak a win if signings are made soon

Villa home- win on Sams first at St James

Boro away- win Viduka to score

Wigan home- win get a couple of goals

agree but will win boro 3-1 viduka and oba(x2)

Bolton should be a draw, will be a very physical, tight and tough game. Those games often end all square.

Villa really should be 3 p in the bag, a lot of our players will have their first ever competitive outing at SJP and that'll be a big boost.

Boro is a test, could well be 3 p if the players show some character. I'd like to think that Owen will be back here. We'll win it.

Wigan at home is the easiest home game all season. Bramble will shit himself and I really can't see Sibierski or Heskey causing too much trouble up front.

for villa we should have smith,viduka,rozenhal,geremi,cacapa all making their home debuts in the premiership

we will get behind them and they should try and put on a show

for villa we should have smith,viduka,rozenhal,geremi,cacapa all making their home debuts in the premiership

we will get behind them and they should try and put on a show

with promise of more signings??

maybe this enrique or drago and their could be another yes, a exciting month ahead of us

• 1 month later...

Well, those games have gone now. A lot of folks went for three wins and a draw, and almost everyone thought we'd beat Villa. Still four league games unbeaten, 8 points and a cup win against Barnsely isn't a bad start now is it.

So, the next set of games for you to predict are...

Derby Away

West Ham Home

Arsenal Away (carling cup)

Man City Away

Everton Home

Then there's another two week break. For these I can see Derby and West Ham being three points, and City and Everton being draws. I'm going for another 8 points, and Big Sam to continue his decent record against Wenger with a shock victory at the Emirates.

Mind you, that would be 10 games unbeaten, which seems unlikely. Still, right now we just don't look like losing.

Guest nufc_geordie

Derby Away = Draw

West Ham Home = Draw

Arsenal Away (Cp) = Lose

Man City Away = Lose

Everton (Home) = Draw

I reckon 3 points from the next four league games although respective wins instead of draws at derby and at home to wet ham wouldn't suprise me. Everton will be an extremely difficult game against a good side.

Derby - win

West Ham - Anhiliation

Arsenal - really don't know, depends on Wengerbus's policy for the cup this year

Citeh - If they don't win their next game we'll win this. Citeh need to stop the little losing streak they've got going quickly or it could be a tricky season still, Svens a good manager when things are going ok, but I'm not convinced about how good he is at turing things around

Everton - Win - we're due one against them!

Derby (Away) = Win

West Ham (Home) = Win

Arsenal Away (Cp) = Win

Man City Away = Lose

Everton (Home) = Draw

7pts from the next 4 for me. Would give us 15 from 8, good start.

I think the Cup game could go either way, if we are up for it i think we could sneak it.

I reckon 3 points from the next four league games although respective wins instead of draws at derby and at home to wet ham wouldn't suprise me. Everton will be an extremely difficult game against a good side.

Guys Man City arnt as good as people give them credit for, they have lost their last 3 games and i think they have scored just once at home this season in all comps.

Derby = Win

West Ham = Win

Arsenal = Win

Man City = Win

Everton = Win

Lets face it, all are possible, Derby are shit, West Ham arnt as good as people thought they were gonna be plus we are at home, Arsenal will play a weakened side like they always do in this cup, also Sam will make us hard to beat, just keep Van Persie at bay.

Man City, like i said above, 1 goal at home this season and 3 defeats in a row its definately winnable.

Everton, a tough game, but we are at home and this fixture at home you would put us down as favourites surely?