geremi taylor rozenhal n'zogbia

solano butt smith milner

viduka martins

the team i think we will see is

harper

carr taylor rozenhal n'zogbia

milner butt geremi

smith viduka martins

I'm never optimistic for away games.  WE've just won so few.  Even the year we came 5th, we only won 2! (and they were within 4 days of each other).  Even teams we should beat we rarely do.  And allardyce i think is the man, but then there's something in me saying "it's newcastle, you'll fail.  It never works out"

i dunno.  It would be great.  If we do win though, lets not get carried away like villa fans last year.

I'm very curious as to how smith will be deployed. 

And while geremi will be beneficial defensively at the back, i think i'd rather have him creating at the other end.

Geremi to score

"it's newcastle, you'll fail.  It never works out"

Little known fact:

That is actually written, word for word, above the tunnel door when the teams go out onto the ground.  Much catchier than "This is Anfield" IMO.

Such a hard game to predict because there are too many unknowns.

Bolton will be missing a few players they'd have liked but we're missing more. Similarly they have the home advantage and will want to beat Big Sam (though that could work both ways).

I'll go for a draw, but it's certainly a winnable game and I'll be a bit disappointed if we show them too much respect.

i will find it hard to get some sleep tonight, hell my heart will beat fast just when the game kicks off. If we win im going to enjoy it soooo much...would be great to get a great start for once..

This snippet taken from The Times:

He (Sam) is expected to field a 4-3-3 formation, fitness permitting, with Alan Smith selected in midfield and Obafemi Martins and James Milner operating wide of Mark Viduka in attack.

I'm not really keen on Martins playing in this formation. He's a bit of a headless chicken at the moment and finds it difficult to get his head up and keep it simple.

It'll be a big learning curve for him, just hope he doesn't give the ball away cheaply and put us on the back foot too often.

He (Sam) is expected to field a 4-3-3 formation, fitness permitting, with Alan Smith selected in midfield and Obafemi Martins and James Milner operating wide of Mark Viduka in attack.

I'm not really keen on Martins playing in this formation. He's a bit of a headless chicken at the moment and finds it difficult to get his head up and keep it simple.

It'll be a big learning curve for him, just hope he doesn't give the ball away cheaply and put us on the back foot too often.

------------------------Viduka

----Martins-----------------------------------Milner

-----------Butt-------Smith------Geremi

N'Zogbia-----Rozenhal----Taylor---------Carr

?

Hmmm, extremely lucky draw, Bolton will score 2 last minute own goals and it will be our best away result all season, about right Baggio?

Jesus Wept, I'm being stalked! :lol:

I feel like Martin Fowler off Eastenders when he was followed by that girl who reckoned he shagged her, except I'm being followed around Newcastle-Online by a 20 something Yorkshire man who loves Luque, poor Alberto Enrique has had a chip on his shoulder since I pointed out Deucher was shite, which was proven to be correct by him getting booted out after a trial.

I expect you've already got my post bookmarked in case we do win so you can pull it up and say I thought we'd struggle to draw, both predictable and pathetic. mackems.gif

------------------------Viduka

----Martins-----------------------------------Milner

-----------Butt-------Smith------Geremi

N'Zogbia-----Rozenhal----Taylor---------Carr

?

Aye, but swap Butt and Smith.

Hmmm, extremely lucky draw, Bolton will score 2 last minute own goals and it will be our best away result all season, about right Baggio?

I feel like Martin Fowler off Eastenders when he was followed by that girl who reckoned he shagged her, except I'm being followed around Newcastle-Online by a 20 something Yorkshire man who loves Luque, poor Alberto Enrique has had a chip on his shoulder since I pointed out Deucher was s****, which was proven to be correct by him getting booted out after a trial.

I expect you've already got my post bookmarked in case we do win so you can pull it up and say I thought we'd struggle to draw, both predictable and pathetic. mackems.gif

Duscher you mean? the same player you said was shit and you don't even know his name? :lol: Oh and for the record, he left because he wanted a permanent deal not a trial  :thup:

Guest JamesD

man, i actually need to play a football match right at 10AM (I'm 5 hours behind), so i'll have to watch it later in the day unfortunately.

I feel like Martin Fowler off Eastenders when he was followed by that girl who reckoned he shagged her, except I'm being followed around Newcastle-Online by a 20 something Yorkshire man who loves Luque, poor Alberto Enrique has had a chip on his shoulder since I pointed out Deucher was s****, which was proven to be correct by him getting booted out after a trial.

Duscher you mean? the same player you said was s*** and you don't even know his name? :lol: Oh and for the record, he left because he wanted a permanent deal not a trial  :thup:

OMG!  Baggio spelt Duschers name wrong! mackems.gif I got him good this time! mackems.gif [/Alberto Enrique]

That's right Alberto, I must be wrong about saying he was shit (even though he got moved on after a day) because I spelt his name wrong, even though I've had little need to memorise the spelling of an average Argentinian midfielder who's career highlight is injuring Beckham. :lol:

If the best thing you can catch me out on is spelling a players name wrong then I'd give up now.

Guest shearer_united

does anyone know any pubs / places that will air the bolton-newcastle match in london ?

Any help is much appreciated.

cheers,

i'm optimistic as hell about this season like many others on this board seem to be, thinking a 6th place finish will come of it.  but i'm leary about this game and would be satisfied with 1 point.  three to start the year on the road would be and extra piece o' pie.  but even if we sink in this one remember it's only the first game of 38 and remember last year beating wigan at home and falling all to s*** for just about the rest of the season. finally...THANK GOD THE PREMIERSHIP IS BACK!!! i have something to watch now. being as i'm from the USA the main thing going at the moment is "America's favorite pastime" f****** baseball. if i was mike ashley i'd buy out every MLB team and dismember the enitre f****** league to save us all of the boredom and pussitis that plagues that god awful sport.  my rant is over.. go toon!

It'll be a tough one - we could have done without this as a first match. They'll be fired-up because of Sam etc., and we have basically a new set-up with some key players missing.

Had Barton and Owen been available, I would have fancied us to get at least a point - now, I think we'll do well to get one. If we score first and keep them out for 20 mins after that, we should get something ; if they score first, we could lose by 2 at least.

Rozenhal will, as Sam says, find it a baptism of fire - they are very physical and play at a higher tempo that he has been used to in France, which is why I think that we need to keep them out for a while so he can adjust - an early goal for them could cause the defence to lose confidence & shape to disastrous effect..

Essential that we try to control the middle - hope Smith is playing in there as he and Butt will bite a few ankles - they will definitely try to do us physically...

There'll be no prisoners in this one and I hope we don't get any more bad injuries from the game - if we come away with a well-earned point AND stand up to their battering, we will be on the verge of a good season - there won't be any tougher away games than this bar the top 4 & Spurs, but then, Football has a habit of surprising you !!