Bolton VS Newcastle build up etc

Decky

Too early for this? cant believe the Prem is back so quickly :laugh2:

Given

Carr -- Taylor -- Rozenhal -- N'Zogbia

Solano --- Geremi --- Milner

Smith

Viduka ----- Martins

2-1 to the Toon, late goal for us to win it, Anelka will prob score for Bolton, although having said that Sam will know their weaknesses and we will have a good advantage. I read somewhere that Sam said Enrique and Capaca wont be playing unless needed through injury, is this true?

Well early, but what the hey.

I would think he'd start Butt in the middle. Don't know who he would drop for him out of your starting XI mind.

Maybe Solano instead of Carr and Butt in the middle?

Time has dragged like fuck for me, seemd to take forever.

Anyway,

------------------Given

Carr --- Taylor --- Rozenhal --- N'Zogbia

----------------- Butt

--------- Geremi -- Smith

Martins ------------------------ Milner

---------------- Viduka

Honestly, if Sam feels Enrique is at all up to it then he might be worth starting as I'd imagine Diouf would cause Zoggy all sorts of problems.

Viduka may not be fully fit but should be able to give us 60 minutes, we can bring on Shola then.

In favour of a 4-3-3 in general, but particularly this game. Bolton will be well up for it and a midfield 3 of Butt, Geremi and Smith will give us more than enough to stop us being bullied.

Harper in for Given, if Shay is injured obviously.

Guest Northern Boys Love Gravy!

i'll be there on saturday and im lookin forward to it soooo much. Hope to see you all there...  O0

Time has dragged like f*** for me, seemd to take forever.

Anyway,

------------------Given

Carr --- Taylor --- Rozenhal --- N'Zogbia

----------------- Butt

--------- Geremi -- Smith

Martins ------------------------ Milner

---------------- Viduka

Yeah, I pretty much agree with that.  Although we'll have to wait and see how Given is.  I think Cacapa might be on the bench, and possibly Enrique, but maybe not.

Would love to see us go at Bolton straight from the off with the 4-3-3.  Really hoping I can find somewhere to watch it as I am fucking excited to be honest!

Who is playing centre-half for them now that Mr Haim has left for pastures new? Could be Cid's first game, might be an idea to put smith or viduka on him, might get some mileage out of roughing him up a bit.

as for our defence, little bit worried at how gangly Rozehnal is going to cope with Bolton's physical approach, and same applies to N'Zogbia if he is at LB.

Who is playing centre-half for them now that Mr Haim has left for pastures new? Could be Cid's first game, might be an idea to put smith or viduka on him, might get some mileage out of roughing him up a bit.

as for our defence, little bit worried at how gangly Rozehnal is going to cope with Bolton's physical approach, and same applies to N'Zogbia if he is at LB.

They can score goals all they want, we just need to score more ;)

Really is a shame we dont have Owen, Duff and Barton for this.

out of interest how would you change your starting lne up to accomodate them... i for one am having problems with deciding who who i would have in midfield and attack ... i don't envy sam with having to make these choices

Guest Geordie Boyo

I don't see there being any harm in Enrique or Cacapa being on the bench. They could possibly come on late on if we're on top of things just to ease them in & build their fitness up, so it would be nice to see that.

I really don't rate Carr so I hope we sign a new right-back, but in the mean time for this game I'd personally play Steven Taylor at right-back with David Edgar partnering Rozehnal in central defence. BS is likely to field Carr instead though having said that.

Viduka & Smith are certainly likely to start, but I'm unsure whether Martins will depending on what formation we play.

Would like to see Big Andy Carroll on the bench along with David Edgar if he doesn't start. Troisi has done well enough to possibly earn a place there too.

The midfield will likely consist of Nobby, Butt, Geremi & Milner. Zoggy looks like he could be stuck at left-back for the time being.

Also, Allardyce said when he signed Rozehnal that even if he starts and performs in all pre-season matches, it is likely he will start his Premiership career on the bench iirc.

Maybe that was the plan at the time.

Can't see Rozenhal not starting the first few games, at least until Cacapa is fully fit.

Also, Allardyce said when he signed Rozehnal that even if he starts and performs in all pre-season matches, it is likely he will start his Premiership career on the bench iirc.

surely he will have to start tho? We dont have lots of options. I reckon it will be quite a high scoring game, both have dodgy defences

Guest Knightrider

Harper

Carr Taylor Rozenhal N'Zogbia

Nobby Butt Geremi Milner

Martins Smith

Result 2-1 to us

Milner and Martins

surely he will have to start tho? We dont have lots of options. I reckon it will be quite a high scoring game, both have dodgy defences

Totally agree...  Better than Damage any day.

Too soon for the others (Enrique and Capaca).  No point throwing them in high octaine and probably one of the more physical games on the road when they are not fully fit.  Madness.  Sam will not do it, no way.

One for the more established premiership players me thinks.

We need to win this one and no reason why we wont.  It is the one team Big Sam should definately beat!!!

Guest Guinness

Will be a very tough game, it always is at Bolton, but hopefully Sam has a trick or two up his sleeve to undo his old side. I'm not sure if he'll start with Viduka after only 45 mins of pre-season, I think he'll come off the bench with Smith-Martins starting up front.