Bolton VS Newcastle build up etc

Decky

Just to go crystal-ball-ish again, if Smith and N'Zogbia are both fully fit, i see absolutely nothing to suggest that Allardyce won't go with them. Smith upfront and Zoggy at left-back, i reckon (not my personal preference, btw). Nobby and Milner on the wings. Infact, i think the team absolutely picks itself at the moment, he's bound to go 4-4-2 cos he'll think he can win the game, and the line-up is going to be fairly obvious, imho.

Given

Carr --- Taylor --- Rozehnal --- N'Zogbia

Solano --- Geremi --- Butt --- Milner

Smith --- Martins

... he has the option to change to a 4-3-3 by making one substitution. Viduka/Shola on for one of the midfielders; probably Butt. It's fantastic to be able to completely overhaul the attacking formation with just one alteration to the playing staff. We're so versatile, and we don't even have a fully fit squad. Top bombing, Sam.

Absolutely pissing mysen.

A draw will suffice though I think this is the perfect time to pounce on Bolton. Their squad isn't any better than it was last season (which means Sam will know exactly what to do), and I reckon there's still uncertainty about Sammy Lee and all.

1-0 to us? Or is this the 'start of new season' syndrome when everything's still golden in my eyes?

I don't think Bolton will be dramatically worse than everyone is making out.  They will definitely finish top half, maybe pushing for Europe.  If they drop a few places in the table it will be because other sides (Us, Everton, Blackburn, West Ham) have improved their squads to a greater extent than they have.  It's still a good team, and a draw away would be a strong result. 

Just to go crystal-ball-ish again, if Smith and N'Zogbia are both fully fit, i see absolutely nothing to suggest that Allardyce won't go with them. Smith upfront and Zoggy at left-back, i reckon (not my personal preference, btw). Nobby and Milner on the wings. Infact, i think the team absolutely picks itself at the moment, he's bound to go 4-4-2 cos he'll think he can win the game, and the line-up is going to be fairly obvious, imho.

Given

Smith --- Martins

... he has the option to change to a 4-3-3 by making one substitution. Viduka/Shola on for one of the midfielders; probably Butt. It's fantastic to be able to completely overhaul the attacking formation with just one alteration to the playing staff. We're so versatile, and we don't even have a fully fit squad. Top bombing, Sam.

Given is out for 2 weeks and if we play that formation and line-up then I'll change my title to "Yorkie's Bitch".

Guest loves the toon

I reckon we'll lose 2-0 myself.

lose 2-0

ya joking

you must have a lot of faith in the new signings/manager

Guest zerocipher

lose 2-0

ya joking

Maybe hes part of that "expect the worst and things can only get better" camp?

Myself I see us winning 2-1, with the winner coming in the last 5 minutes

Guest Geordie Boyo

I think with the experience of Rozehnal in there to calm any storm in the 1st 15 minutes, we will go on to attack and grab a couple of goals to finish them off. Geremi will control the game in the middle of the park and take any spark out of Bolton.

Goals coming from Alan Smith & James Milner.

Bolton 0 - 2 Newcastle

lose 2-0

ya joking

No I think we have and good squad and good manager. Bolton away is always a very difficult game and with Anelka it is very easy to get caught out. I think we will outplay them but get hit on the break for their first goal, then we'll press too much in search of an equaliser and get caught out again. I very suprised that almost everyone is predicting a victory or and draw. Just because Sam isn't at Bolton anymore, doesn't mean it isn't a very difficult game.

We'll play a 4-4-2 (because Sammy Lee will be expecting a 4-5-1) and get a bore 0-0 draw. I think both managers will be overly cautious and this will spill over to the player selection and last minute instruction. No one wants to lose this game and that fear will probably kill any inspiration.

Given

Smith --- Martins

Given is out for 2 weeks and if we play that formation and line-up then I'll change my title to "Yorkie's Bitch".

Like i said before, i can imagine he'll atleast start with 4-4-2. Forgot about Given but i would imagine the starting line-up may well be something along the lines of that.

Cant wait for saturday !! Might call my friend who works as a nurse, maybe i could get something to make me a little bit calm so that i dont get stroke!!

Never been this charged ahead of a game tbh. 2-1 to the toon! Martins and Smith

Guest Northern Boys Love Gravy!

I know this is a guestimate at the score, but im going on saturday and ive never been to the reebok before, i just wondered if anybody whos going knows if theres any away supporters pubs, or wheres there best place to meet everyone is?

I know this is a guestimate at the score, but im going on saturday and ive never been to the reebok before, i just wondered if anybody whos going knows if theres any away supporters pubs, or wheres there best place to meet everyone is?

a good 5-10minute walk to the nearest pubs

i saw 2 where away fans were allowed in

a good 5-10minute walk to the nearest pubs

i saw 2 where away fans were allowed in

can you remember the names of them? if not it doesnt matter, i know a good website that knows everythin about goin to away matches, it'll probably say on there  haha

aint got a clue, sorry mate

just follow all of the toon fans  ;D

good point... I'll b there wiv me shirt on n scarf in the air....  :thup: :frantic:

Guest Geordie Boot Girl

think we are just going to the big asda or tesco cnt remember wat its called and getting a few cans in there and having a kick about outside the ground - did that a couple of year ago was canny  :laugh2:

lets hope the weather is ok thou  8)

think we are just going to the big asda or tesco cnt remember wat its called and getting a few cans in there and having a kick about outside the ground - did that a couple of year ago was canny  :laugh2:

tesco  :lol:

Guest Geordie Boot Girl

tesco  :lol:

i knew it was one or the other lol