Bolton 1 - 3 Newcastle United - 11/08/07 - Post match thoughts from page 23

BlufPurdi

If you weren't there yesterday, you missed a cracking trip, I doubt there will be another match like that in the near future.

I bet there will.

cant be more special, first game of season, big sams return, obas magic, nice sunny day  :smitten: what more can you ask for?

Carr to put in a decent performance?

I love it how those tosser trotters were banging on about how the wanted attacking football at the Reebok, and it was no great loss that SA walked out on them and they've now got the man to bring that attacking style to their team.

Well their ex manager delivered it with style in the 1st half, and laughed at them all the way to full time in the 2nd. They were piss poor and resorted to long ball as soon as they couldn't break us down, it was a woeful display by them and a sign of the times to come for both teams. We will get stronger as the season goes on, i think Lee has got to be in the top 3 for the chop along with the other 2 talentless in-house promoted managers, Southgate and Hutchings.

Fuking Sammy Lee  mackems.gif going to be better than Big Sam.  bluelaugh.gif

Complacency does strange things to people TT. The chairman seems to think that he is the person responsible for Bolton's rise. Sometimes fans become equally complacent. The manager is the most important person in a football club, underestimate his worth to you at your peril.

I was watching the Jimmy Hill show this morning [without Jimmy Hill  ;D] and they were saying that Bolton will suffer badly without Sam and could even go down, if they try to change too much or they can't shake out of his shadow. They could be right. Likewise our dear cockney eastenders, who should be down already. I'm quite impressed with the backing this icelandic bloke has gave his manager, but pretty much like we did with Souness, he's backing a knackerjack of a manager.

Other than that, I think the Wigan may go down, that Chris Hutchings doesn't seem to have much about him, and they are too small to survive now that Jewell too has gone.

Curbs is ok, he's nothing special, i think Pardew had more about him, but to compare him to Souness is a bit harsh like!  bluelaugh.gif

Hutchings is a poor appointment, they'd actually would of done better brining Warnock in. They've taken a huge gamble here, and considering they survived by the skin of their teeth under Jewel and haven't bought well, they are prime candidates to go down, its almost a certainty imo.

Southgate though is poor, and unlike WH have no money to spend, then fans are unhappy (the ones that turn up) big injuries already and have unhappy players on the books. They'll would have a good season to finish in the EPL, there's simply nothing there.

But Bolton. A manager is a huge part of a football club, especailly good managers in small clubs. MON with Leicester is a good example, never the same team since he left, that could be Bolton. But Sammy Lee would have to be utter shite to get Bolton Relegated when there are much softer teams going, and considering the setup they have, its still a well run club, they've just lost the man who gave them all that and tried to keep on pushing them.

The fans are crying out for attacking football, Sammy Lee wants to stamp his mark, and the board want a change just to spite SA's hard work. A great recipe for disaster, but they do have 4-5 good players which other teams don't have, but last season we had about 10 and still struggled under a poor manager.

PS: Watching Jimmy Hill without Jimmy Hill is probably the best way to watch it! :D

I love it how those tosser trotters were banging on about how the wanted attacking football at the Reebok, and it was no great loss that SA walked out on them and they've now got the man to bring that attacking style to their team.

Well their ex manager delivered it with style in the 1st half, and laughed at them all the way to full time in the 2nd. They were piss poor and resorted to long ball as soon as they couldn't break us down, it was a woeful display by them and a sign of the times to come for both teams. We will get stronger as the season goes on, i think Lee has got to be in the top 3 for the chop along with the other 2 talentless in-house promoted managers, Southgate and Hutchings.

The manager is the most important person in a football club, underestimate his worth to you at your peril.

Likewise our dear cockney eastenders, who should be down already. I'm quite impressed with the backing this icelandic bloke has gave his manager, but pretty much like we did with Souness, he's backing a knackerjack of a manager.

Read somewhere that Konchesky says the players hate Curbishley. Believe it.

All that money spent.... and they started Bowyer yesterday. Smells like trouble.

If you weren't there yesterday, you missed a cracking trip, I doubt there will be another match like that in the near future.

I bet there will.

cant be more special, first game of season, big sams return, obas magic, nice sunny day  :smitten: what more can you ask for?

the game to be on the telly for free in chicago?      blueyes.gif

Guest Knightrider

There has been far too much change and upheaval at West Ham for them to become a solid consistent Premiership team overnight, and throwing mone at things will only worsen their plight. They shouldn't have sacked Pardew, a better manager than Curbishley in my opinion. As it is, Curbishley is under massive pressure and will do well to last the distance at that club. West Ham are the new (old) Newcastle it seems.

Guest East Stander

People who were at the match yesterday...When Bolton scored did they play the music and have the 2 guys running up and down with the flags. i can't remember hearing the music or seeing them and they usually have it everytime they score whether they are losing or not

I cannot honestly remember and I'm a tee total! Don't think they did, what was funny was watching their stupid lion mascot trudge across the pitch at halftime tripping over his chin!!

Guest Craig_NUFC

People who were at the match yesterday...When Bolton scored did they play the music and have the 2 guys running up and down with the flags. i can't remember hearing the music or seeing them and they usually have it everytime they score whether they are losing or not

I cannot honestly remember and I'm a tee total! Don't think they did, what was funny was watching their stupid lion mascot trudge across the pitch at halftime tripping over his chin!!

:laugh: lol 'Lofty The Lion'. I was there in the North stand  :weep: and it just came to me before when i was discussing the match, i couldnt remember if they played it and can't recall them running up and down with those flags with 'I Feel Good' on them.

Complacency does strange things to people TT. The chairman seems to think that he is the person responsible for Bolton's rise. Sometimes fans become equally complacent. The manager is the most important person in a football club, underestimate his worth to you at your peril.

I was watching the Jimmy Hill show this morning [without Jimmy Hill  ;D] and they were saying that Bolton will suffer badly without Sam and could even go down, if they try to change too much or they can't shake out of his shadow. They could be right. Likewise our dear cockney eastenders, who should be down already. I'm quite impressed with the backing this icelandic bloke has gave his manager, but pretty much like we did with Souness, he's backing a knackerjack of a manager.

Other than that, I think the Wigan may go down, that Chris Hutchings doesn't seem to have much about him, and they are too small to survive now that Jewell too has gone.

Curbs is ok, he's nothing special, i think Pardew had more about him, but to compare him to Souness is a bit harsh like!  bluelaugh.gif

Hutchings is a poor appointment, they'd actually would of done better brining Warnock in. They've taken a huge gamble here, and considering they survived by the skin of their teeth under Jewel and haven't bought well, they are prime candidates to go down, its almost a certainty imo.

Southgate though is poor, and unlike WH have no money to spend, then fans are unhappy (the ones that turn up) big injuries already and have unhappy players on the books. They'll would have a good season to finish in the EPL, there's simply nothing there.

But Bolton. A manager is a huge part of a football club, especailly good managers in small clubs. MON with Leicester is a good example, never the same team since he left, that could be Bolton. But Sammy Lee would have to be utter shite to get Bolton Relegated when there are much softer teams going, and considering the setup they have, its still a well run club, they've just lost the man who gave them all that and tried to keep on pushing them.

The fans are crying out for attacking football, Sammy Lee wants to stamp his mark, and the board want a change just to spite SA's hard work. A great recipe for disaster, but they do have 4-5 good players which other teams don't have, but last season we had about 10 and still struggled under a poor manager.

PS: Watching Jimmy Hill without Jimmy Hill is probably the best way to watch it! :D

they called it the Jimmy Hill show last season, and brian woolnough chaired it. This morning, Brian Woolnough [think thats his name], Oliver Holt, Henry Winter and Andy Dunn were on. These 3 are all OK so it was a good listen today.

Ollie Holt and Henry Winter think that Allardyce is the spot on bloke for us and is a great manager who should do the trick and may even be possible top 4 this season or long term given backing.

They all agreed that Arsenal could be on the way down and the door could be open for somebody

they called it the Jimmy Hill show last season, and brian woolnough chaired it. This morning, Brian Woolnough [think thats his name], Oliver Holt, Henry Winter and Andy Dunn were on. These 3 are all OK so it was a good listen today.

Ollie Holt and Henry Winter think that Allardyce is the spot on bloke for us and is a great manager who should do the trick and may even be possible top 4 this season or long term given backing.

They all agreed that Arsenal could be on the way down and the door could be open for somebody

It can be a canny show, its just on far too early on a Sunday morning for my lifestyle choices.

But if am up and not out i like to see their opinions although there are far too many press men on the show, never usually a good word said about us, but its good to hear SA has got their seal of approval.

Woolnough's chaired it ever since I've watched it. Jimmy Hill just sits there like an annoying old grandad, piping up talking nonsense every now and then. :lol:

Loads of times they sit there looking at him trying not to make him look stupid as fuk without making themselves look stupid for agreeing with him.

:lol:

I'm expecting West Ham to qualify for the Champions League this season now they've got Bellamy, Isn't that the way it works?

No this is the year when he joins a club to replace a star player whom has moved to one of the best teams in the world, and gets relegated, lambasts his teammates for being shite, and engineers a move to the top flight.

Bellamy's career goes in circles, so its time that scenario gets repeated.

I'm expecting West Ham to qualify for the Champions League this season now they've got Bellamy, Isn't that the way it works?

Well, he was instrumental in propelling Newcastle and Blackburn up the league, so who's to say he won't with West Ham.

They have a shite manager though, so he probably can't do it on his own, even though this is undoubtedly the "plan"  :coolsmiley:

I don't think they will get relegated, but when whatisnameiclandicman realises Curbishley is mediocre at best he'll be gone

Well, he was instrumental in propelling Newcastle and Blackburn up the league, so who's to say he won't with West Ham.

They have a s**** manager though, so he probably can't do it on his own, even though this is undoubtedly the "plan"  :coolsmiley:

I don't think they will get relegated, but when whatisnameiclandicman realises Curbishley is mediocre at best he'll be gone

Having a shit manager doesn't matter, the lad is that good he should get them there on his own.

Ok he got relelgated with Coventry and was shown to be average at Liverpool, mark my words though this lad turns average teams into CL one's single handedly, West Ham for the top 4! :clap2:

I bet there will.

the game to be on the telly for free in chicago?       blueyes.gif

Surely going top of the league at Arsenal just before christmas would be better?

Great start to the season, not getting carried away just yet. I will do if we score a few against Villa and stay top.  :cheesy:

Guest sombrero

guys still cant find anywhere to watch the highlights!!, someone sent me a you tube link but it was removed due to copyright! so where else is it?

West Ham have got one of the lowest net spends in the prem this transfer window iirc, they've re-couped a lot of money losing Tevez, Reo-Coker, Konchesky, Harewood, Mears and Benayoun.

Also, with Bellamy in for Tevez, Parker in for Reo-Coker and Ljungberg in for Benayoun I'd say that their first team is worse, on paper, than last years.

Edit: I have missed out Faubert there, don't know much about him though.

Roz cheaper than I thought.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1089973,00.html

"Oba's first goal was fantastic and when you are in defence it is great to have players in the team you know can score goals like that."

But it was the former PSG man himself who came within a whisker of opening the scoring after trying to get on the end of Charles N'Zogbia's free-kick which eventually nestled in Jussi Jaaskelainen's bottom corner.

"I think it was really close but it was Charles' goal," said the £2.9 summer signing.

Bargain tttt iyam.

They have a shite manager though, so he probably can't do it on his own, even though this is undoubtedly the "plan"  :coolsmiley:

On what are you basing your opinion that Curbishley is a shite manager?

His achievements at Charlton were as good if not better than Big Sam's at Bolton. And he kept them up last season, with a little help from Tevez, which was nothing short of a miracle.