Big Sam & Chris Mort At Old Trafford

Tooj

Allardyce and Mort were already in the area after yesterday's game. Allardyce is a friend of Ferguson's and anyway hardly needs an ulterior motive to go and watch a Premiership game. Mort has probably never been to Old Trafford before and maybe just tagged along to look at the set-up.

Guest Gemmill

Why when it's more than likely that they're just there to watch the match (let's face it, that's the overwhelmingly obvious explanation, especially having played in the NW yesterday), does it become more than likely that they're there to sign a player in the minds of people on here? :razz:

If Allardyce is hoping to tie up 2 signings in the next few days then I can't see him and Mort watching 2 teams that we don't play for a while just because they were in the area yesterday.

Mort might not be only watching the teams, he could also be taking in a match at Old Trafford so that he can compare it with ours next weekend to see how two clubs with big grounds treat fans.  I wouldn't be surprised if he's looking at facilities so that he can get ideas for improving ours.

I cant belive they're going there for talks on a match day, I also doubt that both of them are going purely to watch the game. Which must mean they are tracking a player from either side who will be playing, ie. not Heinze.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

My mate has just texted me, she says Big Sam & Mort have just turned up at Old Trafford.

Trying to tie up a deal for someone perhaps?  ???

Silvestre.

Probably guests of Taggart. Big mate of Allardyce isn't he.

Taggart isn't going to sell a player this afternoon. He's got a game to worry about.

I guess all it takes from the manager is a "yes" or "no" to the offer so would he be that involved?

Not that I think we are there for a transfer...

Guest jamesmartinsmith

There was a John O'Shea rumour a while ago but more than likely they're just there to watch the game.

No chance, they aren't there for a mutual love of football.

My money is on a Silvestre deal.

There was a John O'Shea rumour a while ago but more than likely they're just there to watch the game.

No chance, they aren't there for a mutual love of football.

My money is on a Silvestre deal.

I hope you lose your money :razz:

Guest jamesmartinsmith

How many times? Silvestre has already knocked us back!

That was only over Barton.

If we can get past that ...