Great Time To Make A Move

Shak

It's been years since we made a good start, even towards the end of Bobby's reign we had bad starts his last couple of seasons. So our whole season has been an uphill battle for some time.

Having won what looked a very tricky opener, these are our next four fixtures.

Villa H

Boro A

Wigan H

Derby A

Villa look on their way to being solid, and will be tough. I expect a tight game tbh but there's no reason we shouldn't be favourites going in.

Boro were awful tonight, two defeats already. Wigan at home is the type of game we should be looking to win a lot more consistently if we can start playing well. Derby will be another good test of what we're going to be like when forced to show some steel, a team with inferior players to ours but they'll be at home and playing a high tempo game, if we can match them for effort and organisation we should have the class over them.

We're gonna have some wobbles this season, almost certainly. We'll have much harder runs of games and will almost certainly have at least one bad patch. But everyone does and we can do a hell of a lot to make up for it now by getting off to a fast start so that, when there are ten games or so to go, we'll still be in good shape to achieve a Top 6 finish, which has to be the goal. Anything more than that is unlikely, though not impossible.

It a beautiful run of games, and I'll be disappointed if we don't win at least two of them. Three would be very pleasing, even with say two wins, a draw and a loss from the above four games we'd have 10 points from a possible 15, which is a very fine start.

But get 3 out of 4 of those and we'll have a nice cushion over some of the other teams we're competing with, and would be in the Top 2 or 3 certainly for then, which would look nice for a while :D

After that, I can't list the fixtures as it's against the copyright rules but I'll say that we don't meat any of the Big 4 and should be expecting to hold our own quite well in most of them.

PLEASE DON'T POST ANY MORE FIXTURES IN THIS THREAD AFTER THE PREVIOUSLY MENTIONED 4

Be nice to see us knocking round the Top 6 the entire season, and with a good start it could happen.

The Villa game is very important IMO.

Everyone is on such a high after Bolton, if we win our first home game well it would prove the confidence is well-founded and set us up for the rest of the year.

Defeat and the bubble's burst immediately.

There's no reason we can't take maximum from those games. No good expecting to, because we'll only end up disappointed with a dropped point here and there, but it's certainly something to aim for.

Guest makemeacupoftea

We'll win all of those.

I agree, win them all comfortably imo

And Man U would beat Reading comfortably :thup:

Nothing is certain in the Premiership.

Fair point, i can see us winning all those games though

Guest makemeacupoftea

Even before the bolton match i could see us winning the first 5 games, only close one will be Derby imo

We'll win all of those.

I agree, win them all comfortably imo

And Man U would beat Reading comfortably :thup:

Nothing is certain in the Premiership.

Fair point, i can see us winning all those games though

We have the better team in every game, but Villa are a decent side, Derby away will be tricky, one is a "derby" and Wigan caused us problems last year at SJP.

I'd be delighted with 9 or 10 points out of 12.

The optimism on the back of one game is ridiculous. :lol:

To say at least hehe...But i guess we are used to some up and downs during Souness and Roeder. We are experienced to handle this if if it goes to hell like many times before when we have been optimistic ;)

Winning all four is unrealistic, as we're not just gonna be a consistently good team straight away.

Agree with Dave, Villa game is massive. Beat them and we've won two games that looked very tricky a couple of weeks ago. Then we're on to Boro and Wigan, go in to them full of confidence from 2 wins and there's no reason we can't get another two wins.

But lose to Villa and the whole complexion changes in terms of the mindset we go to Boro with.

I'll just be upset if we don't beat Wigan though tbh.

Winning all four is unrealistic, as we're not just gonna be a consistently good team straight away.

Agree with Dave, Villa game is massive. Beat them and we've won two games that looked very tricky a couple of weeks ago. Then we're on to Boro and Wigan, go in to them full of confidence from 2 wins and there's no reason we can't get another two wins.

But lose to Villa and the whole complexion changes in terms of the mindset we go to Boro with.

I'll just be upset if we don't beat Wigan though tbh.

No it isn't. I don't reckon it'll happen but it's certainly not impossible.