New Advertising hoardings

Guest firetotheworks

Guest firetotheworks

Not hugely important, but for those who are interested.

From mad.co.uk

Newcastle United Football Club has appointed Cornwall based IT consultancy CIOS to produce computer-designed artwork for its new advertising hoardings.

The north-east club is one of the first football clubs to install modern LED advertising banners, which display moving pictures, around its St James’ Park home ...

http://www.mad.co.uk/Logon/ArticleLogon.aspx?uiArticleID=339d9668-6a84-4ba0-b2d6-6adcdde5226f&uiNavigationItemID=&uiPageID=8453a00f-9d1a-404a-beda-339905b6b8b4&PipelinedPage=/Main/News/Articlex/339d96686a844ba0b2d66adcdde5226f/Newcastle-FC-turn-to-Cornish-consultancy.html&PipelinedQueryString=uiArticleID%3d339d9668-6a84-4ba0-b2d6-6adcdde5226f%26uiNavigationItemID%3dd8f9fd23-813a-47b2-9696-31d9ca23a265%26

Guest firetotheworks

None that Ive seen. nice to see us keeping up with the big boys though, even if it is just with little things like this. Who knows, we might end up with a scoreboard.

None that Ive seen. nice to see us keeping up with the big boys though, even if it is just with little things like this. Who knows, we might end up with a scoreboard.

We better not.

nonononononononononn NO

They were there against Sampdoria werent they? Fair enough I was in a different area but they looked different. At least we have clocks now!

Guest sittingontheball

Oh dear. Was always going to happen at this club I guess, but animated bright adboards are very annoying.

I agree. They are very distracting.

It was classic though when Paul Robinson missed that backpass against Croatia.  All the hoardings around him had Borat on them.

to be fair, something noting the time played wouldn't go a miss, for example where I sat last season, with about 4 people around me with their own timings...

"How longs left?"

"5 minutes"

"I make it 7 minutes"

"oh and add stoppage time"

"so is that about 9 minutes?"

"no, 7"

"so 5 with 2 mins added on-ish?"

"yes"

"no - 7 mins with 2ish added on"

you get the drift, a mountain out of a molehill...

to be fair, something noting the time played wouldn't go a miss, for example where I sat last season, with about 4 people around me with their own timings...

"How longs left?"

"5 minutes"

"I make it 7 minutes"

"oh and add stoppage time"

"so is that about 9 minutes?"

"no, 7"

"so 5 with 2 mins added on-ish?"

"yes"

"no - 7 mins with 2ish added on"

you get the drift, a mountain out of a molehill...

Are the ones used pre-season staying then?

fucking irritating them digital ad boards. classic case of the marketing men being more imprtant than the football. it'll be logo's on the pitch next....

don't know how they don't distract the players cos they bug the shite out of me when I'm watching a match.

Newcastle United Football Club has appointed Cornwall based IT consultancy CIOS to produce computer-designed artwork for its new advertising hoardings.

thats it lads, keep it local

thats it lads, keep it local

WHO GIVES A s***!!!! I was more upset when Greggs dumped the "of Gosforth"