WC 2018

macbeth

Unnamed source has told our media that it's between us and the Yanks for 2022 apparently.

Should be us on the basis they had it in 1994 ... and the fact the majority of Americans don't care about football.

Yet we bought more tickets than any other country this summer?

Unnamed source has told our media that it's between us and the Yanks for 2022 apparently.

Should be us on the basis they had it in 1994 ... and the fact the majority of Americans don't care about football.

Yet we bought more tickets than any other country this summer?

You had a larger allocation.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Wouldn't mind Korea or US getting.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Americans love the World Cup. That doesn't mean they care about football. There's a difference. Still, it would be a fun, vibrant event if they hosted and interest in the States would be very high.

I don't know. Each World Cup (at least the ones where the American National Team have done 'well') have seen an increase in viewership, and youngsters taking up the sport in the years that followed. Another WC in USA 'should' be huge, if you consider that WC 94 helped launched the MLS in 1996 from the doldrums of the bastard indoors league that loosely called itself the NASL.

They should only get it on the stipulation that Diana Ross takes another penalty at the opening ceremony.

:lol:

I always love that the net still 'split' from her shot, despite the fact it went nowhere near the goal :lol:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

They should only get it on the stipulation that Diana Ross takes another penalty at the opening ceremony.

:lol:

I always love that the net still 'split' from her shot, despite the fact it went nowhere near the goal :lol:

Sonic shockwaves are known to do that!

Like Norway would be close to competing in a WC in 2022. Tchh. We'll be at the next EC and then it's over as Drillo will be gone. :(

I've an ambition of living and working in the States by 2022, mind. Which is another reason why I'm hoping they'll get it. I've not an ambition of dying in Pyongyang. :lol:

Who knows what'll happen 12 years in the future. For all you know there's some random Norwegian eight-year old out there who's going to become the next Pele and Chris Hughton could choose to seek a new challenge at Norway after winning the treble five times with Newcastle.

I think the far more unlikely scenario would be this whole "host some games in North Korea" thing being actually doable and not complete hogwash.

True. We just don't have a history of breeding world class players and the way our focus on youth remains shit, I doubt we'll see any in the near future.

Our youth system being shit with "Let's let everybody play and not focus on the ones with talent grouping them together and letting them play against other talented kids to get even better. It's just about having fun at this age and letting shit kids have fun as well, not about letting talents develop. Duh!" up until they're like... 12 :no:

Funny, that's the exact opposite problem we have. We set aside the "talented" kids and have them do nothing but eat, sleep, and play football at such an early age that most of them end up jaded, traumatized, and unable to read and write by age 18.