WC 2018

macbeth

Belgium-Netherlands are "medium risk"? How so?

Honestly rather you got it than Russia. Still torn about us doing this with Portugal. But I really hope it's not Russia.

Don't Russia have crazy VISA laws?

Aye. Also transportation would be a nightmare (huge ass country) and I really want to try to attend the 2018 WC since it will be held in Europe.

Plus their fans are cunts.

Honestly rather you got it than Russia. Still torn about us doing this with Portugal. But I really hope it's not Russia.

Don't Russia have crazy VISA laws?

They do, they're about £100 n all, but they waived them for the Champions League final so they might do that again. UK - Russia relations aren't great on that front either so we get a raw deal compared to others n all IIRC.

Guessing America would be best for kick off times for 2022 apart from that not arsed. Should probably go to the Aussies though since USA held it recently.

Would it? There's larger portions of America where it would not be preferable to play for 90 minutes during midday in mid June. If they were to start at night, it would inconvenient for Euros, especially on the Western Coast.

Guessing America would be best for kick off times for 2022 apart from that not arsed. Should probably go to the Aussies though since USA held it recently.

Would it? There's larger portions of America where it would not be preferable to play for 90 minutes during midday in mid June. If they were to start at night, it would inconvenient for Euros, especially on the Western Coast.

1994 was a nightmare to watch in the UK due to the time differences.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Been studying US 94 and how it launched the MLS for Uni Work.  :smitten: World Cup 2010 seems to have boosted popularity of football over there, can only imagine what another World Cup could do for it.

Been studying US 94 and how it launched the MLS for Uni Work.  :smitten: World Cup 2010 seems to have boosted popularity of football over there, can only imagine what another World Cup could do for it.

Would be massive, especially as the current young generation is not looking down on "soccer" and the MLS average attendances are getting higher season after season.

1994 was a nightmare to watch in the UK due to the time differences.

Fuck em then.

Would be massive, especially as the current young generation is not looking down on "soccer" and the MLS average attendances are getting higher season after season.

It really would.  People would love it here.  Last WC we had the most ticket sales.  I think it would do really well here.

I can visit you guys in 2018, you can come to Korea in 2022. Perfect arrangement :lol:

Nobody around here thinks we have an ice cube's chance in hell of winning the bid. Would be astounding if we did just for the sheer WTF factor.

With the Warner/Blatter/Platini axis of hate towards England along with FIFA probably being tentative about two largely English speaking countries hosting it in a row, I wouldn't be surprised if England somehow manage to fail to get this.

I'm not confident that the whole decision-making process is fair and transparent. There a lot of talk about deals and politicking, and I can see England losing out.

I know that's going to sound like a holier-than-thou Englishman, and the accusations against other countries that have been made in the British press have probably done us more harm than good. However, although we’re not perfect, corruption isn’t the same problem in Britain that it is in most other countries.

I think Russia will get the vote.

I agree, didn't the Russian police absolutely kill the pre-match atmosphere between Chelsea and Man u with ott harsh policing ? I can imagine it being the dullest world cup ever if they host it.

Unnamed source has told our media that it's between us and the Yanks for 2022 apparently.

Should be us on the basis they had it in 1994 ... and the fact the majority of Americans don't care about football.

Are we bidding for 2022 as well?