Newcastle United 0-0 Aston Villa - 18/08/07 - Post Match reaction from Page 12

James

Absolutely hate the sanctimonious c*nts who come on here and chastise anyone who dares to try and figure out what went wrong when a result doesn't go our way.

I've forked out for three season tickets while Owen has been at our club, and you get some tit in America saying I can't have an opinion on his performance after I went to the game. Favouritism? I think Owen is a much better player than Ameobi, but Ameobi looked like a player trying to fight his way back in the team.

Get Butt out of the team ASAP for someone who can pass a ball and attack. Hopefully Emre will be back by next week.

Are you kidding?

Butt was one of the few players that looked like he thought about what he did today.

As I said previously I thought Butt spent most of the time winning his own poor passes back.

Not the greatest game in the world, but not a disaster either.

We didn't play well, but hey, it happens, and we didn't lose either. I'm not basing anything on today's game.

To take a positive, the defence was strong.

Get Butt out of the team ASAP for someone who can pass a ball and attack. Hopefully Emre will be back by next week.

Are you kidding?

Butt was one of the few players that looked like he thought about what he did today.

As I said previously I thought Butt spent most of the time winning his own poor passes back.

Ditto.

Absolutely hate the sanctimonious c*nts who come on here and chastise anyone who dares to try and figure out what went wrong when a result doesn't go our way.

Responding to an opinion makes you a sanctimonious cunt but posting your opinion fastest means you're right?

It's all about debate mate.

Responding to an opinion makes you a sanctimonious c*** but posting your opinion fastest means you're right?

If someone said, "Well, actually I thought so-and-so had a good game, because.." that would be a debate.

Saying "Oooh, don't be nasty, we can't win them all" when you dare say someone wasn't up to scratch today isn't a debate.

As a performance, it wasn't bad, it was just... ...stale. Toothless.

Are you kidding?

Fair enough.

At least he made up for any mistakes he made though.  Watching Owen show no interest in winning a ball 5 yards from him was more annoying to me though.

I've forked out for three season tickets while Owen has been at our club, and you get some tit in America saying I can't have an opinion on his performance after I went to the game. Favouritism? I think Owen is a much better player than Ameobi, but Ameobi looked like a player trying to fight his way back in the team.

You have whatever opinion you like.  My point is that I don't understand singling out a player who came on for a half hour when we'd already played 60 minutes of useless football.  Ameobi might have looked more lively, but how many chances were either of them provided with?

I dont think its the people trying to figure out what went wrong that are getting chastised, more the people coming on with one line complaints about playing shit football and suggest that nothing has changed from last season. The kind of posts like that, that offer no insight but just slag off the team and manager are the written equivalent of the booing at the end today

Harper - 7 Couple of good saves

Carr - 7 Suprisingly looked good.

Roz - 7 Commited and missed a couple of times

Taylor - 6  Caught on the ball a couple of times, noticed him standing admiring his passes a couple of times

Zoggy - 7 Made a couple of good tackles and looked better going forward.

Butt - 7      Got stuck in

Smith - 6  A quite game passing wise, couple of good tackles

Geremi - 6   Didn`t look up for it, got caught a few times with the ball

Milner -6  Better on the left, poor on the right

Viduka - 5 Poor and waited for the ball to come to him, lost out.

Martins - 4 Didn`t stay wide and had a poor game

Responding to an opinion makes you a sanctimonious c*** but posting your opinion fastest means you're right?

If someone said, "Well, actually I thought so-and-so had a good game, because.." that would be a debate.

Saying "Oooh, don't be nasty, we can't win them all" when you dare say someone wasn't up to scratch today isn't a debate.

I'm not looking for a debate on how people should debate the game.  I don't see how an opinion is sanctomonious when we've all seen the same game.  No-one has more insight of it than anyone else. it's all opinion.

I'm not looking for a debate on how people should debate the game.  I don't see how an opinion is sanctomonious when we've all seen the same game.  No-one has more insight of it than anyone else. it's all opinion.

There are certain people on the board that won't stand for any negative criticism. Happy clappers.

There are certain people on the board that won't stand for any negative criticism. Happy clappers.

But Owen was shit and shouldn't get near an England squad should he?

;)

Owen is just a very limited footballer that offers nothing but getting on the end of things. Basically had 10 men when he came on, it's always been the way he's played pretty much.

Really worried we will change things around to try to accomodate him. I thouht we definitely looked worse once we switched to the 4-4-2.

I thought the midfield did okay. It will improve when Barton is back, and possibly Emre as well. But they weren't all that bad.

The weak link for most of the game I thought was Viduka. It's very important in a 4-3-3 that the central striker can keep hold of the ball and / or win a few headers. When the ball was on the ground he was very slow off the mark and the centre backs invariably got there first. He was beaten easily in the air and had to resort to trying to get free kicks. It's nonsense to suggest that the service to him wasn't there. He was too easily beaten to the ball, both on the ground and in the air.

I thought the midfield did okay. It will improve when Barton is back, and possibly Emre as well. But they weren't all that bad.

The weak link for most of the game I thought was Viduka. It's very important in a 4-3-3 that the central striker can keep hold of the ball and / or win a few headers. When the ball was on the ground he was very slow off the mark and the centre backs invariably got there first. He was beaten easily in the air and had to resort to trying to get free kicks. It's nonsense to suggest that the service to him wasn't there. He was too easily beaten to the ball, both on the ground and in the air.

Viduka was poor today, but whenever he did use his strength to win the ball the referee was a twat about it.  With more leniance his game could have looked a lot better.

Owen is just a very limited footballer that offers nothing but getting on the end of things. Basically had 10 men when he came on, it's always been the way he's played pretty much.

Really worried we will change things around to try to accomodate him. I thouht we definitely looked worse once we switched to the 4-4-2.

That may well be the ugly truth. I like the 4-3-3, but I don't think it suits either Owen or Martins. We switched to 4-4-2 to accommodate Owen, and we looked less effective.

Taylor - 6  Caught on the ball a couple of times, noticed him standing admiring his passes a couple of times

What an absolute load of shite.  What you mean is "played quite a few good passes out of defence".  What should he have been doing racing forward for the one-two.  Any excuse to have a go.

What an absolute load of shite.  What you mean is "played quite a few good passes out of defence".  What should he have been doing racing forward for the one-two.  Any excuse to have a go.

No not really. I have never had a go at Taylor. I just noticed when he played a few balls down the line, not from a central position and just wondered what he was doing. I`m not the type of person to "have a go" for the sake of it mate. 

No not really. I have never had a go at Taylor. I just noticed when he played a few balls down the line, not from a central position and just wondered what he was doing. I`m not the type of person to "have a go" for the sake of it mate. 

Fair enough, but that does look like you were having a go. 

Think we shouldnt be leaving Carr back on his own when we have a corner, two weeks running he's been done for pace on the counter attack from our corners

He whinged and moaned and fell over, but not once did he control or hold the ball passed to him. What else is Martins supposed to do but drift down the left wing, or go wandering looking for the ball? Stagnant, stagnant, stagnant. Needs to lose weight and quickly. We all know he's capable of a lot, lot more.

Hmm. We lacked any real drive from midfield and didn't get forwards enough.  Hopefully Barton's return will help that. Owen coming on did nowt because we weren't making any chances, at least Oba would have been running around.  Not a tragedy though and the people booing at the end are morons.  All of this has probably already been said.