Newcastle United 0-0 Aston Villa - 18/08/07 - Post Match reaction from Page 12

James

Guest LucaAltieri

Keep it the same then have a reshuffle on the hour mark if theres no luck.

Milner doesn't seem to be doing a lot.

Guest Novocastrian

If Viduka actually challenged for the ball instead of falling over like a big ponce the ref might look more favourably at him.

What's with all the long ball crap? I'd tell Oba to hug the touchline and take that Gardener on. Need to get a few more in t'box and the defence needs to step up with the rest of the team!! Huge gaps beginning to appear. Other than that, not too bad. :)

Played well the last 25 minutes. Milner, Geremi and Martins have been best in black and white. Milner has had a quite a few great crosses, and looked lively. Martins control looks so much better from last season, and I can't believe how calm Geremi is.

Neither Smith or Butt are having their best games today. Butt has put a few great tackles in, but gives away the ball too easy at times.

Rozenhal has been outstanding aswell. Calm and steady, and immense technique when he took that shot.

Tough opponents, but at least we're creating chances.

Viduka isn't winning anything in the air. If it carries on at 0-0, swapping him for Shola would be a good idea.

I fancy us to score second half, but I'm a bit worried about our lack of strength in the air at the other end. Rozenhal looks really classy but he doesn't look the greatest in the air. Ultimately, DM might be his better position.

We need a calm creative midfilder in the side the only true midfilder in the side is Butt and that is where we lack control on the match. Smith is pretty average but since we don' have a midfilder if sam substutite him it will kill the team shape.

The whole midfield has had to adjust to accomodate Carr, and it has stifled our attacking play.

We need to either switch to 442, or bring Cacapa on for Carr and move Taylor to right back.

We're making it too easy for you in midfield, NRC is anonymous, and Petrov keeps getting caught in possession.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Moore on for Carew.

Thought Carew was one of your best players. Good hold up play.

Guest Novocastrian

If Viduka actually challenged for the ball instead of falling over like a big ponce the ref might look more favourably at him.

Might actually create more chances as well.

Exactly, he should be looking to nod it down/flick it on for Milner and Oba. Instead he keeps backing into Laursen trying to win a free kick.

Neither Smith or Butt are having their best games today. Butt has put a few great tackles in, but gives away the ball too easy at times.

Pretty much sums up our midfield there. Butt keeps giving it away and Smith keeps diving in. Viduka needs to try and actually win a header rather than trying to cheat although the ref hasn't helped the game flow at all. Pretty poor so far, but at least we're 0-0 with Villa missing two decent chances.

We need a calm creative midfilder in the side the only true midfilder in the side is Butt and that is where we lack control on the match. Smith is pretty average but since we don' have a midfilder if sam substutite him it will kill the team shape.

I agree, Butt, Geremi and Smith, no real creativity there. Crying out for a bit of Emre magic.

Don't think we should make any changes yet, the bench doesn't look great for what we need right now. Shola maybe for Viduka if he continues in the same vain, or Owen for the same and play a 4-4-2 trying to knock balls through them rather than long-ball.