Old thread about a potential Icelandic takeover bid years ago

Power NUFC

The story from the evening news tonight. Even though you probably can't understand anything that's being said there, it confirms that the story is gathering pace.

Link

Aye, can confirm that Shearer and Newcastle were mentioned in that Icelandic news clip. Didn't have a fucking clue what they were going on about mind. Also saw Roger Moore towards the end of the clip, is he involved in the takeover as well???

:parky:

(that was my Roger Moore impression btw)

The story from the evening news tonight. Even though you probably can't understand anything that's being said there, it confirms that the story is gathering pace.

Link

Aye, can confirm that Shearer and Newcastle were mentioned in that Icelandic news clip. Didn't have a fucking clue what they were going on about mind. Also saw Roger Moore towards the end of the clip, is he involved in the takeover as well???

:parky:

(that was my Roger Moore impression btw)

:laugh:

Just don't know what to make of this at all if it is indeed true.

And unless Ashley has let it be known that he wants to sell, what is Shearer doing getting involved in a takeover of the club, just a few weeks into the new ownership.  Maybe he wants to bring Shepherd back as Chairman! :frantic:

Hope these Icelandic people are not like the Biscuitman otherwise we will quickly return to being a laughing stock again.

Why can't be just have period of stability for once without all these rumours constantly undermining the club.

Link

Aye, can confirm that Shearer and Newcastle were mentioned in that Icelandic news clip. Didn't have a f****** clue what they were going on about mind. Also saw Roger Moore towards the end of the clip, is he involved in the takeover as well???

Don't be daft man. It says basicly the same as the story on the website, all I'm trying to point out is that this isn't some kind of a windup from an icelandic website.

i'm hoping this one's gonna be wide of the mark tbh

We'll know tomorrow after Olly's been on the blower to his mates in Reykjavik.

That's close to Durham, right?  Don't think his sauces stretch much further than that. 

That's close to Durham, right?  Don't think his sauces stretch much further than that. 

Except the Newcastle fan in Barca who said Edmilson had agreed terms :lol:

Except the Newcastle fan in Barca who said Edmilson had agreed terms :lol:

:lol:  How on earth could I have forgotten about that?  :thup:

It doesn't make sense on any level and you can only conclude that it isn't true.  What I am interested in is how these stories get started. 

Whats not true? That an Icelandic businessman is interested in buying the club?

What you're trying to say is that its not likely that Ashley would have invested for the short-term.

Guest Hodgson09

Isn't it clear Ashley has no interest in the football side of things? He is a business man and if someone is willing to give him a profit he will take it and move onto something else to make more money. He is no Roman, the investment in players hasn't been that great now has it!

Most of the money spent has been recouped, the rest were free transfers.

I don't care who owns us, as long as we get plenty of investment in high quality players. I want to see Newcastle win the title in the next 10 years.

Isn't it clear Ashley has no interest in the football side of things? He is a business man and if someone is willing to give him a profit he will take it and move onto something else to make more money. He is no Roman, the investment in players hasn't been that great now has it!

Most of the money spent has been recouped, the rest were free transfers.

I don't care who owns us, as long as we get plenty of investment in high quality players. I want to see Newcastle win the title in the next 10 years.

What's wrong with that?

I'd love to respond to the rest of your post, but it's been beaten to death in numerous other threads. 

(Sorry to hear about Misty)

http://mbl.is/mm/sport/frett.html?nid=1286218

This is the newest article about this and i says that they are locked in talks with Mike Ashley and are trying to  acquire a large chunk of newcastle ownership.

MBL.is/Morgunbladið is the leading newspaper her in iceland which is now backing up this story from last night,this newspaper has the most news credibly her in iceland and would not publish this unless it was the truth.

Guest Ridzuan

Interesting news.For some reason,if this news is indeed true,Ive got the feelings that Ashley would consider selling the club even though he has reduced our debts.The way I see it if the Icelandic people take over,they will try to bring Gudjohnsen here.Anyway,I dont think we need any new takeover now.

http://mbl.is/mm/sport/frett.html?nid=1286218

This is the newest article about this and i says that they are locked in talks with Mike Ashley and are trying to  acquire a large chunk of newcastle ownership.

MBL.is/Morgunbladið is the leading newspaper her in iceland which is now backing up this story from last night,this newspaper has the most news credibly her in iceland and would not publish this unless it was the truth.

I can't see either party wanting a minority stake.. Makes no sense, it's got to be all or nothing.