We don't need Diop, do we?

Dave

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/f/fulham/6955670.stm

Diop gets go-ahead to quit Fulham

Fulham midfielder Papa Bouba Diop believes he may have played his last game for the club after being given the go-ahead to quit by Lawrie Sanchez.

The Senegal international, 29, told former Northern Ireland boss Sanchez in the summer he wanted a new challenge.

And he revealed: "The manager told me 'yes you can go. This is my team now so if you want to leave, go ahead'."

Diop added: "Maybe I have played my last game for Fulham but in football you never know."

Diop has been linked with a move to Newcastle.

Speaking ahead of Senegal's friendly with Ghana at Millwall's New Den stadium, Diop added: "I have many offers and I am just waiting.

"This is my fourth season with Fulham and I have never won anything. I want to win something or play in the Uefa Cup or the Champions League.

"I don't know if it will be anyone like Arsenal or Manchester United but I have good teams in England interested although I don't want to say who they are yet.

"Whatever happens I do expect to have left Fulham by the time the transfer window closes.

"I want a fresh challenge. And now the clubs know how much money Fulham want. But I don't have any control over that. I am just focused on my job."

Bouba Diop joined Fulham in 2004 from Lens and signed a new contract last year.

Both former manager Chris Coleman and current boss Sanchez compared the midfielder to Patrick Vieira.

He was close to a £5m move to Wigan in January but the transfer fell through.

Started this as the other thread became the Faye update one.

If we get Faye I think we're covered for defensively-minded midfielders plus backup, but would anyone still want The Wardrobe?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/f/fulham/6955670.stm

Diop gets go-ahead to quit Fulham

Fulham midfielder Papa Bouba Diop believes he may have played his last game for the club after being given the go-ahead to quit by Lawrie Sanchez.

The Senegal international, 29, told former Northern Ireland boss Sanchez in the summer he wanted a new challenge.

And he revealed: "The manager told me 'yes you can go. This is my team now so if you want to leave, go ahead'."

Diop added: "Maybe I have played my last game for Fulham but in football you never know."

Diop has been linked with a move to Newcastle.

Speaking ahead of Senegal's friendly with Ghana at Millwall's New Den stadium, Diop added: "I have many offers and I am just waiting.

"This is my fourth season with Fulham and I have never won anything. I want to win something or play in the Uefa Cup or the Champions League.

"I don't know if it will be anyone like Arsenal or Manchester United but I have good teams in England interested although I don't want to say who they are yet.

"Whatever happens I do expect to have left Fulham by the time the transfer window closes.

"I want a fresh challenge. And now the clubs know how much money Fulham want. But I don't have any control over that. I am just focused on my job."

Bouba Diop joined Fulham in 2004 from Lens and signed a new contract last year.

Both former manager Chris Coleman and current boss Sanchez compared the midfielder to Patrick Vieira.

He was close to a £5m move to Wigan in January but the transfer fell through.

Started this as the other thread became the Faye update one.

If we get Faye I think we're covered for defensively-minded midfielders plus cover, but would anyone still want The Wardrobe?

No

Don't think we need him by any means, even though I do rate him.

If we're after a DM I'd want it to be someone young that will improve and eventually succeed Butt in the squad and hopefully becoime a key player for us.

Diop isn't likely to be any more than a decent squad player at any point.

Having said that, I'd not be at all upset with signing him.

Enddov Fred. :lol:

I hear Sven is looking at that guy. :parky:

Probably never heard of him. Perfect signing.

No doubt he'll be a real player, sign for them for 10mill and win World Player of the year :lol:

If we signed Savage and Diop, we could form a midfield three of Smith, Savage, Diop, otherwise known as the  lion, the witch and the wardrobe.

At one point in the 1960s, Villa had three midfield players called Brown, Arce and Hole. They never played together, apparently, which was a terrible shame.

Arce was a south american of some description.

If we signed Savage and Diop, we could form a midfield three of Smith, Savage, Diop, otherwise known as the  lion, the witch and the wardrobe.

At one point in the 1960s, Villa had three midfield players called Brown, Arce and Hole. They never played together, apparently, which was a terrible shame.

Arce was a south american of some description.

bluelaugh.gif