Smoggies VS Newcastle

Decky

I'd persoanlly have owen up front as our striker as I think defenders are more scared of pace and cunning rather than a "skillfull big man" i.e. viduka, shola.

Not saying that viduka isn't good but that owen is better therefore....

This is really the first time that Allardyce has had any decisions to make regarding the starting line-up because of a number of things:

• Carr and Rozehnal both played entire games in Denmark and Austria, respectively, which might rule them out.

• Owen got another fifty-five minutes under his belt and will probably be pushing for a start.

• Geremi and Martins might not be fit to play after they couldn't feature for their countries yesterday (although Oliver says they both will be.)

• Caçapa will be pushing for his first start after appearing from the bench on Saturday.

The definite starters at the moment are Harper, Taylor, N'Zogbia, Milner, Smith, Butt and Viduka. 

Viduka is still a class player, just because we had a hard time breaking down Villa's defence last week doesn't mean we have to start writing everyone off. I think we'll score a couple of goals against boro and win come Sunday, hopefully that will quieten down the panic merchants for another week.

:lol:

Guest Ridzuan

I agree with what Big Tron has said regarding Viduka.I think he should be given the opportunity to start this match.Yes he might now have the best of games against Bolton and Villa yet,but I still he is still coming back to terms with the Premiership again after travelling all the way to play in the Asian Cup.Im sure he will start banging the goals sometime soon,hopefully starting with Boro.

Guest Ridzuan

I never thought we'd get excuses made for him that he needed time to get used to the Premiership. He's been here for f****** years!

I didnt meant he needed time to get used to the Premiership.Im trying to say he might be a bit rusty and tired from all the games he played with Australia.Other than that,hes a proveng goalscorer.

I never thought we'd get excuses made for him that he needed time to get used to the Premiership. He's been here for f****** years!

I didnt meant he needed time to get used to the Premiership.Im trying to say he might be a bit rusty and tired from all the games he played with Australia.Other than that,hes a proveng goalscorer.

he's not going to be troubling the top scorer charts, in fairness.

Guest sicko2ndbest

...............................................Harper................................................

Nobby........................Cacapa....................Roz....................................Zog

Martins......................Geremi....................Smith................................Milner

................................Viduka.........................Owen.....................................

Subs

Ameobi

Butt

Emre

Enrique

Taylor

He'll probably score a few good goals in fairness.

he shoudl get double figures, but i doubt he'll do much more than that.

Only double figures? I see your point then. To rectify the situation we should buy Drogba for £32m without further ado. That's the top goalscorer problem fixed then.

Only double figures? I see your point then. To rectify the situation we should buy Drogba for £32m without further ado. That's the top goalscorer problem fixed then.

so i am totally in the wrong wanting a first choice striker capable of getting 1 goal ever other game? How very stupid of me. Imagine me actually thinking we should get a good goalscorer.

Yes, Viduka is "class", and great, and just what we need. :lol:

so i am totally in the wrong wanting a first choice striker capable of getting 1 goal ever other game? How very stupid of me. Imagine me actually thinking we should get a good goalscorer.

Yes, Viduka is "class", and great, and just what we need. :lol:

We do also have Owen and Martins on the books in case you had forgotten?

I do not think Sam will change it to much, have we had nay word on Geremi?

I would go with this..

----------------Harper

Taylor----Caca------Roze----Enrique

Milner-----Butt-----Smith-----Zoggy

--------Martins-------Viduka

BENCH

Forster

Carr

Ramage

Emre

Owen

Then Viduka off for Owen after about an hour maybe sooner depending on how we are going, or Emre on for Viduka and move smith forward.

Harper

Taylor            Cacapa        Rozehnal        Enrique

Butt

Emre

Milner                                                      N'Zogbia

Smith

Owen

Lets av a bloody go at the smogs.

Harper

Taylor            Cacapa        Rozehnal        Enrique

Butt

Emre

Milner                                                      N'Zogbia

Smith

Owen

Lets av a bloody go at the smogs.

We should but Sam will play Vid against his old team mates, I would start with him to but not give him 90 mins, maybe just the 1st half. If we start with Emre, Cacapa and Enrique that may be just to many players who are out of match fitness and form.

Its a safe bet that Sam will go 4-3-3 in this game. It worked against bolton and looks tailor made for away games.

Cant see much changing from the team that started vs Villa, think both cacapa and enrique will be held back for the Barnsley game.

Owen to start on the bench unless Oba is injured.

3 points a must i think as Boro look fucked!

Not playing the tactic for him, in fairness

Geremi and Martins might not be fit to play after they couldn't feature for their countries yesterday.

Geremi stayed behind because he's applying for citizenship, not because he was injured.