Smoggies VS Newcastle

Decky

Boro are there for the taking at the moment, Selling Yakubu and replacing him with Mido is sheer madness may give them a short term lift but Mido's not the guy you want in the trenches with you and I think Boro have a huge fight on their hands to stay up this year.

I really expect us to nick a 1-0 here.

Think this and the Wigan game are crucial for Allardyce in terms of getting the fans behind us. If he plays boring football and doesn't get atleast 6 pionts then I can honestly see some sections of the crowd turning on him, especially with no trophy signing to appease the fans in sight.

We should be looking to take 3 points from a weak, poor Boro squad. The look absolute shite this year.

I don't even think we should be "nicking" a 1-0 against them. We should be absolutely turning them over. No strikers, average midfielders and a shit defense = atleast a 2-0 or 3-0. 

Be very disappointed if we don't go at them in this one, sit back and play it tight and we could be in for a 0-0 again, or a 1-0 either way decided by a set piece. We have enough that if we go at them and play well we should be able to win without too much hassle.

Problem with going 4-4-2 is that we only really have Milner as a fit winger at the moment (assuming N'Zogbia will be starting at LB) , so I'd imagine we'll go 4-3-3 again.

Be very disappointed if we don't go at them in this one, sit back and play it tight and we could be in for a 0-0 again, or a 1-0 either way decided by a set piece. We have enough that if we go at them and play well we should be able to win without too much hassle.

Problem with going 4-4-2 is that we only really have Milner as a fit winger at the moment (assuming N'Zogbia will be starting at LB) , so I'd imagine we'll go 4-3-3 again.

He won't play anything but 433 yet whther home or away.  I think he wants to get a decent unbeaten run going then maybe we'll see a more attacking system at home. 

We are really missing Barton - If you can say that seen as he's never played a competetive match for us, but I feel he would provide that driving force we lack from midfield.  You would expect smith to bomb forward more but he's more interested in making aggressive challenges in midfield and his timing of runs is not great.  All in all we should beat boro but they'll be up for it so we need to make sure our strikers are on form and we are aggressive in midfield because I don't expect the midfield to create much. 

They are shite at the back though so Vid, Martins and Milner will destroy them.

Guest The Bort

is it me or did england play like the boro last night, square pegs round holes. 3-0 toon martins, vid and rozenhal

You said anything less than a win away to Middlesbrough is "abysmal", actually.

I'd be satisfied with a point as it would equal the start we made in 01/02 in our first three games against similar level opposition (Chelsea away, Sunderland home, Middlesbrough away).

5 points from three games, two of which are away, would not be a bad start at all.

wouldn't it? If we want to reach that high european echalante we need to be beating teams like boro (expecting to struggle) home or away. we can't just be content with draws against teams we'r better than.. don't see the problem with that. That's just my view anyway- its not like i'm talking about manyoo here, just saying i'll  be dissappointed if we don't win.

With these Ferrero Rocher you are really spoiling us.

:shifty: meant echelon....

A must win imo.

Anything less than is a total and utter shambles.

I know we've got a few injury problems but they've got it just as bad, and even fully fit are shite. How they won the other day can only be put down to luck.

Much improved performance is needed by us this game, make Villa a one off.

No excuses.

A must win imo.

I know we've got a few injury problems but they've got it just as bad, and even fully fit are s****. How they won the other day can only be put down to luck.

No excuses.

come on alex.. have a go at him now.

btw i totally agree  :thup:

A must win imo.

I know we've got a few injury problems but they've got it just as bad, and even fully fit are s****. How they won the other day can only be put down to luck.

No excuses.

The sentiment, like yours, is correct. But to say anything less than a win is abysmal or a 'total shambles', can only come from someone thinking we're something we're not. Only the top four (if that, tbh) have the divine right of saying that. You can't go away to anyone in the Premiership and claim anything but a win is a 'shambles'.

Guest JamesD

A must win imo.

No excuses.

The sentiment, like yours, is correct. But to say anything less than a win is abysmal or a 'total shambles', can only come from someone thinking we're something we're not. Only the top four (if that, tbh) have the divine right of saying that. You can't go away to anyone in the Premiership and claim anything but a win is a 'shambles'.

some times the game just doesn't go your way. and you don't win, but unlike villa, I want to see the team make an actual effort to win.

If we cant beat Boro in the shitty state they are in, then there is no hope for us finishing in the top half this season, there is no way anyone can hope for us winning another game away from home this season, we might as well give up now.

A must win imo.

No excuses.

1. Are we a better team?  <yes move to question 3> <no  move to 2>

2. why not?

3. Are middlesbrough a weakened side? <yes- than yeah we should win> <no move to 4>

4. Are you mad?

Yes you can say that, is it wrong to expect a win against a side we should be beating?

A must win imo.

No excuses.

2. why not?

3. Are middlesbrough a weakened side? <yes- than yeah we should win> <no move to 4>

4. Are you mad?

Yes you can say that, is it wrong to expect a win against a side we should be beating?

Expect a win, yes. I'm expecting a win. But to say it's a shambles if we don't is plain daft.

Am i really actually wrong here? ???

That was fun btw, thanks.

A must win imo.

No excuses.

2. why not?

4. Are you mad?

Expect a win, yes. I'm expecting a win. But to say it's a shambles if we don't is plain daft.

just thought the point would come across stonger if it was interactive  :razz:

technically you're not wrong, but still, speaking for myself i'd be gutted if we didn't pick up all 3 points. its a game we need to win if we want to climb up the table.. we can't justle settle for draws against teams that we should beat

A must win imo.

No excuses.

1. Are we a better team?  <yes move to question 3> <no  move to 2>

2. why not?

4. Are you mad?

technically you're not wrong, but still, speaking for myself i'd be gutted if we didn't pick up all 3 points. its a game we need to win if we want to climb up the table.. we can't justle settle for draws against teams that we should beat

Aye.

Fuking hell if the players have got the same mentality as some people in here we'll never beat anybody.

I think a bit of confidence, aggression and determination is needed sometimes and am not just talking about the players.

A must win imo.

No excuses.

2. why not?

4. Are you mad?

I'd be disappointed with a draw. I wouldn't be 'settling' for that. I just wouldn't regard it as a 'shambles' if we only picked up a point.

Some people have fucking unrealistic expectations on here. Thinking we'll brush Boro aside? Dream on. They're a decent team, especially on their own patch. Any victory would be excellent.

A must win imo.

No excuses.

1. Are we a better team?  <yes move to question 3> <no  move to 2>

2. why not?

4. Are you mad?

Aye.

Fuking hell if the players have got the same mentality as some people in here we'll never beat anybody.

I think a bit of confidence, aggression and determination is needed sometimes and am not just talking about the players.

There's fuck all wrong with my mentality man. A draw away at any Premiership side, especially an established one like Boro who do have good players, can not be regarded as a shambles. I want us to win. We should win. And i'll be disappointed if we don't. But be realistic. What do you actually think we are?

On the contrary, if our players go into games away to the likes of Boro, believing we'll simply brush the opposition aside - we'll get pummelled.

On the contrary, if our players go into games away to the likes of Boro, believing we'll simply brush the opposition aside - we'll get pummelled.

If we go in thinking a draw is good enough against Boro when they are in such a mess we'll get even less than that.