The 'daft footballers who can't talk properly' thread

brummie

The Bolton fans can fuck off.  Never have I seen such a bunch of bitter, jealous twats than when Allardyce left for us.

I'm sure they'll enjoy the Championship next season as long as they're still playing "good football," instead of the agony of Allardyce football that got them into Europe.

Guest RodrigoPalacio

The Bolton fans can fuck off.  Never have I seen such a bunch of bitter, jealous twats than when Allardyce left for us.

Defo.  What a bunch of tossers.  Didn't help by the fact that their chairman acted in such the childish way that he did.

exactly, a manager like alladyce who did so much for that pitiful excuse for a team (as it stood at the time) deserves nothing but praise and thank yous, yet instead those tossers start saying they're better off.. well done lads, now you look like a bunch of sadsacks.

Its a bit like a bitter divorce, "she was shit anyway, what a bitch.. boring" when really she made up the best times of their lives, but they're too hurt to admit it.

Some fucking corkers here: http://www.the-wanderer.co.uk/boards/viewtopic.php?t=13420

I particularly like:

For the first time in a quarter of a century of watching BWFC (so I'm not a fairweather fan), I'm on the verge of quitting. Even Aldershot wasn't this bad.

and

Hi, Leicester fan here.

Just like to say thanks a lot for taking Megson off us, it is unbelievable that we're getting money for him considering we all wanted him to be sacked. By the way, Milan has confirmed that the compensation is around £300K so that will do nicely ta!

mackems.gif

Where's that pleb who used to post on here?

Some fucking corkers here: http://www.the-wanderer.co.uk/boards/viewtopic.php?t=13420

I particularly like:

For the first time in a quarter of a century of watching BWFC (so I'm not a fairweather fan), I'm on the verge of quitting. Even Aldershot wasn't this bad.

and

Hi, Leicester fan here.

Just like to say thanks a lot for taking Megson off us, it is unbelievable that we're getting money for him considering we all wanted him to be sacked. By the way, Milan has confirmed that the compensation is around £300K so that will do nicely ta!

mackems.gif

Where's that pleb who used to post on here?

aye i saw those :lol: :lol:

and yeah i haven't seen trotter since the 3-1 loss

I can't imagine them being too pleased with Megson.  Did well at West Brom but i dont see him as a Prem manager

Terrible Manager

I wouldn't say terrible, i'd say average Championship manager who with a bit of luck can get a team promoted, and without it, could get them relegated.

But thats about Bolton's level now so...

Great bit from The Fiver about Bolton:

FEAR AND LOATHING ON BURNDON WAY

Mock all you like, but at least Gary Megson is taking over as manager of Bolton Wanderers with the full backing of the fans. OK, so they're Leicester fans, but when your top-flight management record stats read: Played: 48 Won: 7 Lost 28, chances are you'll take any small crumb of comfort you can get.

Which is why Gary will also have been delighted to learn that in a poll of all 699 Bolton fans conducted by a local newspaper yesterday, 12 people agreed that he was the man to take the Trotters forward. It's a dozen votes more than the Fiver expected him to get, but it still means that Megson's considerably less popular in Bolton than the BNP.

"It is not about me, Gary Megson or any other individual, it is all about Bolton Wanderers surviving in the Premier League," declared Bolton chairman Phil Gartside, announcing the appointment of the manager who's been relegated twice in two Premier League campaigns to date. "I have paid particular attention to his career and he has demonstrated to me that he is prepared to roll his sleeves up and has the right temperament for a battle, which this season is undoubtedly going to be."

Sleeves up? Right temperament for a battle? Hmmm. Is it just the Fiver or does anyone else think Gartside might have misinterpreted warnings about Megson's notorious man-management skills and inability to get on with his chairmen? Whether he did or not, we're certainly looking forward to seeing how well Megson gets on with famously laid back Trotters such as Senegal international El Hadji Diouf, French international Nic Anelka, Welsh international Et Tu Gary Speed and Kevin Nolan.

After watching his new side lose to Braga in Euro Vase tonight, Megson will answer questions from the media tomorrow, prior to staging a Route One refresher course for his players ahead of their defeat at the hands of Aston Villa on Sunday. The Fiver won't be there tomorrow to ask how a man with his track record keeps getting good jobs, mainly because we can't afford the train fare from Big London to Oop North until our hefty bet on him to be next Premier League manager to get the sack is paid out. Here's hoping one of our colleagues is brave enough to ask on our behalf.

• 3 weeks later...

Getting back to the original subject of this thread (mods, can we edit the title back to reflect what it was originally about, 'Cliche Afflicted Footballers' or something would be cool), we have a new verbal tic king.

Step forward Special Agent Liam Ridgewell, with a storming double headed effort involving both "obviously" and "you know".

http://msnsport.skysports.com/video/0,20285,12602_2884046,00.html

• 5 years later...