Boro Vs Newcastle Line up and predictions

SUPERTOON
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yeah it can if you have 2 good wingers and a strong, quick centre forward. We don't have any of these.

or 2 clever incisive forwards and a clever central man,which we have.

wingers were nice to watch and their time may come again but hitting the by line to cross for a forwards head is history for the time being

even more history,maybe we are looking for inside forwards

History? Chelsea won the league with pacey wingers and a powerfull centre half.

I agree with your point about clever forwards and a clever central man, but Oba has raw ability, I like the bloke, but he really doesn't have a footballing brain. Milner, is just an average premierleague player, overated due to nationality and his age, and I think he would be FAR better suited as a centre mid, as  his passing and shooting ability would be better utilized than his 1/4 good crosses and his lack of pace.

Owen is a predator, just because he has pace doesn't mean he can play on the wing, he is world class in the 6 yard box, and its where he should be, or in the treatment room.

After watching Bolton today Diouf and Anelka showed how wingers should play, they didn't waste time getting into the box and/or putting a ball across the box.

anelka a winger ? thats just a forward using space.

see my point ?

Yeah I know, but do you honestly think Martins can do that? I pressume you mean Martins, as I can't see anyone else playing that role.

but he brings other things to that role...better in the air for example.

however that doesn't get past your point of the 4-3-3 being inherintly crap

Having been the best team in the country during the 95-96 season and come away with nowt, I couldn't give a fuck how we play if we win.

As Newcastle fans who experienced that heartbreak, I can't believe anyone would choose that again over dour, effective football - not that I'm saying we'll play that, just making a point.

I never said it was crap, ever. I just said I don't think it will work with our team at the moment. I don't see how Martins arial ability effects anything, wingers rarely head the ball, unless we play a long ball up. If Martins could be coached to play that role he would be lethal, but that leaves our right hand side...

Having been the best team in the country during the 95-96 season and come away with nowt, I couldn't give a f*** how we play if we win.

As Newcastle fans who experienced that heartbreak, I can't believe anyone would choose that again over dour, effective football - not that I'm saying we'll play that, just making a point.

I agree Wullie, I was taking the piss.

Having been the best team in the country during the 95-96 season and come away with nowt, I couldn't give a f*** how we play if we win.

I agree Wullie, I was taking the piss.

Fair enough. Wouldn't surprise me if there were some who said that though.

I prefer 4-4-2 because over decades it's proven to be the most successful, not because it's pretty to watch.

4-3-3 doesn't have to be boring, but if we're going to use it I'd like to see one of the midfielders have the ability to play wide, this is not to make it look pretty but because I think it's a mistake to ignore playing with some width.

Guest mrchoonz

Hopefully!

HARPER

TAYLOR    CACAPA   ROZEHNAL  ZOGGY

GEREMI       SMITH      BUTT

VIDUKA

MARTINS            OWEN

SUBS:

FORSTER

RAMAGE

EMRE

MILNER

SHOLA

Prediction: Smoggies 1 - 4 Toon

What age are you?

If that team comes up I'll post you £10

Two changes with the very likelihood of Owen starting and the unlikelihood of Cacapa starting while Taylor's played at right-back, but ok, I'll hold you to that.

26, why?

Maybe you just havent paid attention to the previous teams the Big Sam has chosen or the fact that he said that Martins and Owen will compete for 1 starting place?

if we are going to play 4-3-3 we must put a more creative player in the middle three than Butt, geremi & smith...

I would have emre in there instead of one of them???

Could put Geremi RB and Emre in CM leave Carr out

Wont happen though

I'd rather get beat 4-3 with 4-4-2 than win 1-0 with  4-3-3

one of the stupidest things i've ever read.. maybe you should go support blackburn.

He was messing about, as usual.

Guest prestonj1989

I would like to see:

Harper

Carr  Rozy    Taylor  N'Zog

Geremi

Milner                      Emre

Owen  Viduka  Martins

Doubt this will happen though..... probably a bit too attacking.

I would like to see:

Harper

Carr  Rozy    Taylor  N'Zog

Geremi

Milner                      Emre

Owen  Viduka  Martins

We'd lose 50-0 with that formation.

Guest cfhpantera27

I would like to see:

Harper

Carr   Rozy     Taylor  N'Zog

Geremi

Milner                       Emre

Owen  Viduka  Martins

We'd lose 50-0 with that formation.

especially with Harper standin way over there  :coolsmiley:

My preferred line-up:

Harper

Carr  Rozy    Taylor  Enrique

Geremi

Milner                      Zoggy

Viduka

Owen      Martins

subs:

Given (hes nearly fit i think..)

Cacapa

Smith

Shola

Emre

Guest eyeball_tickler

david wheater looks like he'll score a fair few goals for them this year (providing he gets games)