Glen Johnson

SUPERTOON
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

isn't the "if we can't get anyone better" option pointless ?

(in what cases would you get someone knowing you could get someone better ?)

With one week left players may want to come but will clubs with no replacements lined up will say no or ask for too much leaving us with other options.

I'd take him over Carr.

Much better footballer, fitter, younger, much better going forward but like Carr isn't too strong at defending, but at least he has an excuse, he's young.

Theres a really good footballer somewhere in Glen Johnson, it almost came out in his loan spell at Portsmouth, i think buying him is a gamble, but wouldn't mind taking him on loan as he clearly isn't needed at Chelsea, and SA could potentially get the best out of him, but even at his worst, its better than Carr right now.

A loan deal is sound logic here for all concerned.

Guest Toon83

I would take Glen Johnson any day of the week if it helped to get Stephen Carr one step closer to the exit door or even the bench.

Johnson is one of those players that has always had potential ala SWP, and look at the difference in SWP this season now that he is getting first team football.

BSA could work his magic with Johnson and prove to Mourinho that he is a good player.

(wouldn't pay £6m for him though)

Depends on price for me. Anything less than £3m and I'd take him.

He'd be a good addition to the squad at that price. If he turns out not to be the answer to our RB problems then he's a good option from the bench for CB cover and we can buy a new RB next window.

Young, British, point to prove...............we could do worse imo.

Guest firetotheworks

Id rather wait until January and play Carr or a utility player there than sign Johnson. Utter shite in my eyes, literally.

Guest Ridzuan

If he is willing to come here for free,why not.If not,then we should forget about it.Enough with bringing unwanted players to the club,we should be looking for regular team players.

Guest Guinness

As many people have voted that they'd take him as say they wouldn't! I'm astonished by that. I'd be f****** livid if we signed this circus act.

Agreed, he's been shocking every time I've seen him play since he left West Ham. If we're looking at signing a right back from Chelsea I'd much rather it be Paulo Ferreira.

As many people have voted that they'd take him as say they wouldn't! I'm astonished by that. I'd be f****** livid if we signed this circus act.

Agreed, he's been shocking every time I've seen him play since he left West Ham. If we're looking at signing a right back from Chelsea I'd much rather it be Paulo Ferreira.

Don't rate Ferreira either. Another 'better than Carr' but we need to be looking to sort out this position for years to come and I don't think he'd be the answer. We need to be looking beyond these cheaper cast-offs, realistically we'll probably have to pay quite a bit of money and develop someone ourselves, as we're trying to do with Enrique on the left side.

As many people have voted that they'd take him as say they wouldn't! I'm astonished by that. I'd be fucking livid if we signed this circus act.

Apparently if anyone fits the category of "being better than Carr" we should sign them.

Suprised we don't have about 40,000 right backs, tbh.

NO NO NO NO NO

Johnson is one of the few fullbacks in the league who astonishingly manages to fail to meet even our criteria for that position. I agree with Wullie; signing him would be unbelievably stupid.

As many people have voted that they'd take him as say they wouldn't! I'm astonished by that. I'd be fucking livid if we signed this circus act.

Apparently if anyone fits the category of "being better than Carr" we should sign them.

Suprised we don't have about 40,000 right backs, tbh.

Exactly, just shows how short sighted some are. No doubt they would be complaining about us signing Johnson six months down the line and be suggesting we should be signing "average right back x" because he is better than Johnson.