Sevilla's Antonio Puerta dies after collapsing on the pitch

Guest Geordiesned

RIP

thats 3 footballing deaths

thoughts with his family and friends

Who was the third? Puerta, Jones and..

Didn't some 15 lad die on the training ground for Stockport or something like that?

Found it. 16 year old Anton Reid of Walsall collapsed on the training ground on Friday

Pretty much spot on then  :blush:

For fucks sake, people all over the world who have lived much more difficult lives in terrible conditions die every second.

Why not post a thread about them?

Feel free. Or just shut the fuck up.

One of the two.

Yeah i was watchin that game last night it was pretty scary....he just seemed to collapse and one of his team mates ran over and stuck his hands in the guys mouth to like stop his tongue from going back i'd guess....definately was unconscious....pretty shocking.

Hopefully he'll be fine he is a great player.

Just seen the footage now.. Looks horrible. The commentator was talking about him having had another heart attack in the changing room, then a third in the hospital. He's apparently in coma now in the hospital. Hope he gets well, although you have to wonder if he will ever get back to his best on the football pitch..

Or if he will get out of hospital. :(

3 Heart attacks is serious business. Can't think why someone his age would be having them though? Unless he had a heart defect. As heart attacks are caused by blockages of the coronary arteries.

Sad news recently about footballers :(

Unfortunately what I expected was true.

R.I.P.

My thoughts are with his family :(

It's obvious the players are overworked, overtrained and play far too many games. Not every person's equal at a biological level, and Marc Vivien Foe should've been a flag going up for all medics and trainers but nothing seems to have changed.

Not saying this applies in this particular case, maybe it does, but he's not the first casualty to drop on the pitch with heart failure.

For fucks sake, people all over the world who have lived much more difficult lives in terrible conditions die every second.

Why not post a thread about them?

Feel free. Or just shut the f*** up.

One of the two.

your sick!

this is a FOOTBALL THREAD and he was a footballer who was very young

maybe if the breaking news was about other people then post it in CHAT...but breaking news isnt about everyone

Really sad news, i thought "that was close" when i read that he was in intensive care, but not for once did i thought that theres still a chance that he dies. :(

Yeah I was the same. I thought at the very worst he'd have to give up playing football, but this is just tragic.

Guest Alex20

I always used to believe that you won't get heart attacks if you eat and sport the right way.

Here we are, a 22 year old young kid, whose life just started and is a professional athlete dies because of a heart attack.

Could this also be a sonsequence of the lack of medical attention during games ? Or maybe they are making them work too hard physically ? I mean 3 games a week + trainings is a bit too much, no ?

No other sport has experienced so many heart attacks as soccer, when was the last time someone died of a heart attack at baseball, basketball or tennis. Maybe they should change the game a bit to suit the physical capabilities of professional athletes. Instead of 90 minutes it should 2 x 30, or 4 x 20 if they have to. Like giving a 5 minute break after 20 minutes and after 40 minutes it's halftime, so the players can get some liquid into their bodies to keep it more stable.

Yes heart attacks can happen to anyone but in this case it shouldn't have to. When you push someone's body to an extent, it collapses.

I'm so so so deeply shocked by this news, and all the other ones too. So young, soo young.

He just started his life, he had to much in front of him, he had a wife and now her wife is having a baby in a month,

it's so sad, her wife must be going through hell right now, I hope she'll find a way to hold it together during these bad times.

I'm speechless, just shocked, and saddened.There need to be measures taken after this, too many athletes die from heart attacks, something needs to be done.

I always used to believe that you won't get heart attacks if you eat and sport the right way.

Here we are, a 22 year old young kid, whose life just started and is a professional athlete dies because of a heart attack.

Could this also be a sonsequence of the lack of medical attention during games ? Or maybe they are making them work too hard physically ? I mean 3 games a week + trainings is a bit too much, no ?

With someone that young and fit, I'd guess at it being a heart defect.

Guest optimistic nit

No other sport has experienced so many heart attacks as soccer, when was the last time someone died of a heart attack at baseball, basketball or tennis. Maybe they should change the game a bit to suit the physical capabilities of professional athletes. Instead of 90 minutes it should 2 x 30, or 4 x 20 if they have to. Like giving a 5 minute break after 20 minutes and after 40 minutes it's halftime, so the players can get some liquid into their bodies to keep it more stable.

Yes heart attacks can happen to anyone but in this case it shouldn't have to. When you push someone's body to an extent, it collapses.

I'm so so so deeply shocked by this news, and all the other ones too. So young, soo young.

He just started his life, he had to much in front of him, he had a wife and now her wife is having a baby in a month,

it's so sad, her wife must be going through hell right now, I hope she'll find a way to hold it together during these bad times.

I'm speechless, just shocked, and saddened.There need to be measures taken after this, too many athletes die from heart attacks, something needs to be done.

Heart attacks are just things that happen, i'm not really sure what can be done. It could be that athletes are being overworked, and if this is the case, then this should cease immediately, but the young 16 year old lad who died can't have been that overworked, as a youth player, so maybe not. I'm not sure if medical attention during games would do much good. Pueta died in intenisive care, i'm not sure if acting quicker would have saved his life. I don't think we should overeact by changing the rules that have lead to virtually no deaths in 100 years when it is very unlikely to have any affect. hopefully it is just a massive coincidednce and there is no underlining problem with the game as it is.