Habib Beye signs three year deal

JH

Guest mikk11

Beye certainly a better player then Glen Johnson we have been linked with recently. So I would be very happy if this goes through.

Beye seemed to be one of the players top of Allardyce's list earlier this summer so he probably knows quite a lot about him. There was always the risk that rushing out to sign someone on the back of injuries in late august would mean a panic buy, but if we sign Faye and Beye then we can at least trust Sam knows what he's buying.

Let's have another translation. :laugh:

From now on the ex-captain of Marseilles, Habib Beye, isolated of the Olympian group since two days, could quickly engage with Newcastle. The president of the OM, Diouf Pope, confirmed Wednesday relayed information a few hours earlier by AFP. The Marseilles defender, 29 years, would have arrived Wednesday afternoon to Newcastle, in the north of England, where it passed the medical examination. He should then engage with Magpies which sought a right back. Beye would join thus Claudio Caçapa and David Rozehnal, former boarders of League 1 as well as the young French Charles Zogbia.

Nice. :)

Marseille's official site: http://www.om.net/fr/Saison/101003/Infos/32201/_b_font_color_red_Depart_en_vue_pour_Habib_Beye_font_b

Translation:

Pape Diouf confirmed that the OM had reached at the request of Habib Beye to leave the club for Newcastle, "in the condition which an agreement is found between the two clubs". "of it let us not be too distant today We. In 24h, this one could be ratified definitively ". "Habib has been with us for four years. He had already expressed last year the desire for leaving, but it had finally remained with us. There remains to him a year of contract today, and one wished to prolong it. It however chose to answer favorably at the request of Newcastle when it was presented ", specified the President of the OM.

:banana:

Great news this, seems a player Allardyce really wanted all summer. I'd given up on him, really looking forward to seing him in action now if it goes through.

Another bigger, more physical full-back too. No more getting bummed from set-pieces.

Thought this was the fastest growing thread ever for a minute, uber-threadness gone mad I tells ya. :lol:

Guest NUFCGator

Fantastic player for Marseille of the few games I've seen him in. Very happy that Sam never gave up on his transfer. Finally a solid defense throughout the back, now for Faye and there isn't much more I could ask for from this summer.