Steven Taylor

SUPERTOON

As for Taylor. What do you want from a centre half in the premiership ? A pretty footballer ? My opinion is that he would improve his reading of the game, and his authority, if he played in a better team that won more often - and I stand by it. The question is will NUFC improve or will he go ?

As I said earlier, it seems like people latch onto cliches and won't let them go. There has been plenty of them, and this is the new one. I just don't agree that he should be sold and I think having 3 good central defenders is a good position to be in and we would be foolish to sell him, bearing in mind that we could end up with a Boumsong type replacement.........now talking of hype, cliches and bullshit........

So you can't name one thing he's good at?

Handballing.

I had this argument with NE5 a while back, it's pointless. Nobody can name any of Taylor's positive attributes, they just fob you off with shite like 'potential, game reading, determination, U21 captain etc etc'

far too many people being negative around here

As for Taylor. What do you want from a centre half in the premiership ? A pretty footballer ? My opinion is that he would improve his reading of the game, and his authority, if he played in a better team that won more often - and I stand by it. The question is will NUFC improve or will he go ?

As I said earlier, it seems like people latch onto cliches and won't let them go. There has been plenty of them, and this is the new one. I just don't agree that he should be sold and I think having 3 good central defenders is a good position to be in and we would be foolish to sell him, bearing in mind that we could end up with a Boumsong type replacement.........now talking of hype, cliches and bullshit........

Nobody ever can Dave. I've had this argument countless times over the past year on here, nobody can actually name what he's good at.

Nobody ever can Dave. I've had this argument countless times over the past year on here, nobody can actually name what he's good at.

I could mate, it isn't silky ball skills and scoring goals........if Dave can encourage others to answer such stuff, ie Ozzie and the "what do you think of a managerial appointment that has won 4 titles with 2 different clubs and 3 manager of the year awards" - which was a justified response to a post he made himself - then I might tell Dave what I look for most in a centre half.

My view is in a better team he would develop more authority and composure, and as Dave doesn't want people talking about Bassong in comparison I'll let someone else do that, again  ;D

Guest Howaythetoon

The sad thing about our recent years of rubbish is that its not the best landscape in which to judge players fully in, in short part of you will always wonder how this or that player would do in a better team, or under a better manager. Take Luque for example, we now know he never had the heart or the commitment and maybe even the strength to adapt to the Premier League but would things have been different for hum under say, KK or Sir Bobby? The same applies to a number of players,including Taylor whose best form for me came under KK when the team were playing well and he was getting picked week in week out. He is not good enough however if we are to aspire to be a top 6 team again and nor are a good number of wor lot.

I could mate, it isn't silky ball skills and scoring goals........if Dave can encourage others to answer such stuff, ie Ozzie and the "what do you think of a managerial appointment that has won 4 titles with 2 different clubs and 3 manager of the year awards" - which was a justified response to a post he made himself - then I might tell Dave what I look for most in a centre half.

My view is in a better team he would develop more authority and composure, and as Dave doesn't want people talking about Bassong in comparison I'll let someone else do that, again  ;D

You're unbelieveable. 'Woe is me!'.

Yet again you prove yourself utterly incapable of having a sensible discussion about anything without bringing the board and your petty disagreements with others into it. I can't be arsed with people like that, so fuck it, I'll not reply any more.

Taylor was raised up here.

Sorry ignore whether he is good or not to have a go at him claiming he plays the crowd is a joke. To play for Newcastle would give any fan a tremendous amount of pride, so the fact he savours every game is in noway him playing the crowd, hes just loving it.

So you don't think stupidly risking a red card to foul Reina was playing up to the crowd? It was pure idiocy from where I was sitting.

I love this about you. You read what I say and just put whatever you fancy so i'll try it.

So you think Asprilla signing didn't disrupt the squad?

But seriously, if he did that fine but when it comes to encouraging the crowd fist pumping itsp robably because he's jus loving playing for the club, I'm not talking about his performances in any context, I'm simply discussing his supposed playing to the crowd.

I've got no problem with him pumping up the crowd, and I actually think it's fair play when he's last on the pitch at aways etc., I just wish he could engage brain before acting sometimes. The situation I posted was just an example of him not doing so.

The sad thing about our recent years of rubbish is that its not the best landscape in which to judge players fully in, in short part of you will always wonder how this or that player would do in a better team, or under a better manager. Take Luque for example, we now know he never had the heart or the commitment and maybe even the strength to adapt to the Premier League but would things have been different for hum under say, KK or Sir Bobby? The same applies to a number of players,including Taylor whose best form for me came under KK when the team were playing well and he was getting picked week in week out. He is not good enough however if we are to aspire to be a top 6 team again and nor are a good number of wor lot.

In KK's last 4 league games, Taylor was clearly to blame for 5 goals and conceded a saved penalty

if that's a representation of his 'best' form, jesus cunting christ

In KK's last 4 league games, Taylor was clearly to blame for 5 goals and conceded a saved penalty

if that's a representation of his 'best' form, jesus cunting christ

What a load of shite :lol:

You're unbelieveable. 'Woe is me!'.

Yet again you prove yourself utterly incapable of having a sensible discussion about anything without bringing the board and your petty disagreements with others into it. I can't be arsed with people like that, so fuck it, I'll not reply any more.

I've always had sensible debates - the comment above ref ozzie is a prime example, it was a sensible question in a sensible debate. Wouldn't you agree ?

What do you think a centre half should be good at ?

if that's a representation of his 'best' form, jesus c***ing christ

What a load of s**** :lol:

watch the arsenal and Everton games again mate. Hardly stellar defending

What is this "he would do better in a better team" crap??

Why is it that Bassong has come in at a younger age in an unfamiliar league and completely outplayed Taylor?

All this rubbish doesnt make sense if other players are thriving in the exact same situaiton.

What a shit argument.

Tayor is avergae at best - has the physicality but lacks the intelligence, the only hope i see in him is the Terry type defender where he throws himself in front of everything that doesnt need as much concentration or brains than the sweeper role. He grew up playing alongside Bramble who obviously took the Terry role so its no wonder he hasnt developed.

Comfortably not "clearly to blame for 5 goals" in those 2 games though.

Comfortably not "clearly to blame for 5 goals" in those 2 games though.

If he's to blame for Nicky giving away penalties he's got a fucking lot to answer for!

• 2 years later...