Ole Gonna Retire Solskjaer

Thespence

This is like hearing the news Saddam Hussian has been hung by the neck until death.

:celb:

That's f****** sick that mate.......

we all know the word is "hanged"

A bit like Bergkamp to a degree - seen as a good player and a "gentleman" but in reality a nasty, diving, cheating, dirty shitbag (as well).

I remember him for the Hughes clothesline as well as the Lee tackle.

A bit like Bergkamp to a degree - seen as a good player and a "gentleman" but in reality a nasty, diving, cheating, dirty shitbag (as well).

Yeah, but Bergkamp was also a world class player and one of the best players the Premiership has ever seen.  Solskjaer wasn't.

Good riddance, ya twat.

Guest toonlass

Oh what a shame, will this bring the end of that crap "You are my Solskjaer" song?

I do hope so.....

Guest teepee

united are in deep trouble regarding strikers - with saha the new carl cort and rooney out they only have tevez. suppose they'll use ronaldo up there when his ban is lifted

Guest elbee909

Proper Newcastle fans hate Solksjaer, it's that simple.  Little shitbag.  Some of you more tolerant people must have memories like fish or have only been following NUFC for five minutes.

What's with the hatred? seems like a good guy tbh, good player in his prime.

Because

a) The cunt hacked down rob lee when he was in on goal and

b) the 5th goal in the 5-3.

c) clubbing aaron hughes to the ground before racing ahead to score

he also looked like beavis but with a more punchable face!  i'm glad the manky t*** is gone so that i can now hate c. ronaldo full time! 

Guest BooBoo

Because

a) The c*** hacked down rob lee when he was in on goal and

he also looked like beavis but with a more punchable face!  i'm glad the manky t*** is gone so that i can now hate c. ronaldo full time!  

Aren't b and c the same incident?

Because

a) The c*** hacked down rob lee when he was in on goal and

Aren't b and c the same incident?

:blush:  i was more angry about the clubbing b/c there never should've been a 5th goal.

I'm going to share this in the hope it will also share the effect it's just had on my blood pressure

My own personal favourite moment of Ole's career has nothing to do with his goals, however, more the moment his relationship with United fans was set in stone.

18 April, 1998. An injury-beleagured United were limping towards the finishing line of another hard-fought title race with Arsenal. By this point, while still mathematically well in the hunt to retain the trophy, the Reds were down to the bare bones and the Gunners had built up an unstoppable momentum.

Ole was thrown into the action against Newcastle with the score locked at 1-1. United were laying siege to the Magpies' goal, but just couldn't get a vital winner. With a minute remaining, such was United's commitment to attack, that one cleared corner left Magpies midfielder Rob Lee with a free run on goal from inside his own half.

Having only been on the field 10 minutes, Ole used his freshness to sprint after Lee in a nail-biting race. Should United concede, that would be the season over. The gap continued to narrow until Lee got to the edge of the United area, when Ole flung himself into an awful challenge and was, quite rightly, sent off.

In ensuring the foul was outside the box, however, he had prevented an almost certain goal and a potential penalty. In recognition, he was handed a standing ovation by the Old Trafford crowd.

It's not the proudest moment of Ole's career, I'd imagine, and he was carpeted by Sir Alex for his lack of sportsmanship after the game, but it was a deliberate self-sacrifice which laid bare his worth as a player and a man.

I'm going to share this in the hope it will also share the effect it's just had on my blood pressure

My own personal favourite moment of Ole's career has nothing to do with his goals, however, more the moment his relationship with United fans was set in stone.

18 April, 1998. An injury-beleagured United were limping towards the finishing line of another hard-fought title race with Arsenal. By this point, while still mathematically well in the hunt to retain the trophy, the Reds were down to the bare bones and the Gunners had built up an unstoppable momentum.

Ole was thrown into the action against Newcastle with the score locked at 1-1. United were laying siege to the Magpies' goal, but just couldn't get a vital winner. With a minute remaining, such was United's commitment to attack, that one cleared corner left Magpies midfielder Rob Lee with a free run on goal from inside his own half.

Having only been on the field 10 minutes, Ole used his freshness to sprint after Lee in a nail-biting race. Should United concede, that would be the season over. The gap continued to narrow until Lee got to the edge of the United area, when Ole flung himself into an awful challenge and was, quite rightly, sent off.

In ensuring the foul was outside the box, however, he had prevented an almost certain goal and a potential penalty. In recognition, he was handed a standing ovation by the Old Trafford crowd.

It's not the proudest moment of Ole's career, I'd imagine, and he was carpeted by Sir Alex for his lack of sportsmanship after the game, but it was a deliberate self-sacrifice which laid bare his worth as a player and a man.

Typical Man United fan really. If I was him, I'd class that as the moment I'd first want to forget. Typical ManPoo fan choosing that over a stoppage time winner in the CL final as his fave moment...