Paul Huntington joins Leeds

Nicky

Guest jamesmartinsmith

OK haircut...so I've had a couple of pints. Once you are old enough to get off your mother's tit you might as well.

The boards are full of a bunch of pretentious, pedantic twats, don't take any notice of the losers.

Never saw anything in him to think he could make it, it was starting to feel like he was here out of sympathy (the same way it feels about Ramage and the same way it did in Robbie Elliott and Pavel Srnicek's latter days) in return for emergency, sub-standard cover. Edgar probably won't make it either if we're being brutally honest, but I think there's more there to work with, he didn't crap himself when thrown into the deep end and actually held his own.

Disappointing to see one of the academy's better hopes moved on, it's an area of the club that really needs worked on but at least Sam has come out and pledged to do just that and the new board seem to be receptive to his ideas.

OK haircut...so I've had a couple of pints. Once you are old enough to get off your mother's tit you might as well.

The boards are full of a bunch of pretentious, pedantic twats, don't take any notice of the losers.

I like you. :)

Guest jamesmartinsmith

Haha, that's a bit rich with some of the comments you are making.

Example?

Guest thebigfella

good luck to mr Huntington lets just hope we have replacments and that 1 day he dont bite us on the arse!!!

Really can't undertand why we sold him, he's still young and already has premiership experince, thought he was decent last season despite being thrown away in various positions, its not like we have any decent reserves defenders anyway, would'be made more sense to loan him out for the season, unless Leeds offerd us a a shit load of money such as 2m or 4m for him.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

All of these (two) people who are disappointed...... do you actually think Huntington would have made it in the Premier League?

He's only 19 and playing out of position. He had years ahead of him and we've sold him for next to nothing.

Speaking of a lack of quality coming from our academy, its been the same for virtually every other club for the past 5 years, with the obvious handful of exceptions.

Academy's, where you produce your own from a young age are on the way out, the idea now is to do what Arsenal have been doing for years and pick up the best young talent from around the world. It's never been harder for a young player to make it in the Premiership as it is now.

For the Premiership it's great, as the standard of English football has never been higher than it is now. But once again it's a nail in coffin for England and International football as a whole.

Changing times.

All of these (two) people who are disappointed...... do you actually think Huntington would have made it in the Premier League?

He's only 19 and playing out of position. He had years ahead of him and we've sold him for next to nothing.

You dont know what we've sold him for, and if the staff have decided he isnt going to make it then why keep him?

Example?

Excellent.

Lets buy loads of 28+ year olds and sell our future, what a f****** joke.

Can't believe I've just seen this.

Example?

Excellent.

I have nothing against our policy. no point bringing in youth if expectations are high. If we actually have a fucking squad we can ease them in and they can learn from the experienced playes.

But who wan't 28 year olds in the prime of the career when you could be signing potential like err curtis davies for £9m...

FFS.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

Example?

Excellent.

Do you understand the meaning of the word pretentious and pedantic?

Example?

Excellent.

its words

that's pedantic for you

Guest jamesmartinsmith

Example?

Excellent.

its words

thats pedantic for you

O0

Very happy with this news. Whenever I saw him play he would generally infuriate me.

I'm all for nurturing youth and helping them develop but with paul I didn't see an ounce of talent, only a haircut.