Paul Huntington joins Leeds

Nicky

Guest WeAreLeeds

Alrite lads

Registered purely to get info on the lad huntington, I'm actually quite fucking excited by his signing..... will he do the business in league 1?

Long time since ive actually been this happy about a signing

cheers :celb:

Alrite lads

Registered purely to get info on the lad huntington, I'm actually quite fucking excited by his signing..... will he do the business in league 1?

He'll be good for Leeds. Very good business for you, we are all suprised by this one.

Guest andynufc84

Alrite lads

Registered purely to get info on the lad huntington, I'm actually quite f****** excited by his signing..... will he do the business in league 1?

Always a bit part player for Newcastle, got shoved in at left back on a number occasions and struggled

Not suprised he has left tbh, if he gets a good run at CB then I think he could do a very good job

Guest WeAreLeeds

How are the 2 legends and the scumbag getting on anyways? The lad Milner close to an England call up yet? Are your fans warming to Marko?

Guest jamesmartinsmith

Alrite lads

Registered purely to get info on the lad huntington, I'm actually quite f****** excited by his signing..... will he do the business in league 1?

He'll be solid for you, might even become a top League football player.

Alrite lads

Impossible to say. In league one he might look good, maybe he'll eventually find his feet in the Championship, but I don't think he'll ever have what it takes to be a Premier League defender. But then again, Andy O'Brien played in the Champions League for us so anything can happen. People bigged Hunty up more in hope than in expectation, I think a lot of people will now look back and accept that he looked completely out of his depth when he played.

In fairness to Hunty, he was thrown in way too soon and played out of position in a side full of injuries. He wasn't ready and it showed. He is pretty slow and got totally exposed playing at left back, he didn't have the experience to stand off the quicker wingers and I remember the likes of Aaron Lennon just knocking it past him and running on, the same thing happened when we crumbled to Alkmaar where we were raped down that side. Central defence is his best and IMO only position,but he'll need to bulk out a bit. In other words he needs a lot of work, but he might be a good signing in years to come.

Guest firetotheworks

Its hard to tell at this stage. Whenever he played first team he looked out of his depth, BUT (and this is a big but), he was always played at left back, when his natural position is centre back. I think at league 1 standard he has what it takes and could be a good player for you. He might bulk out a bit as he gets older as well.

Alrite lads

Alrite lads

Should do well at your level i think.  He did alright as cover for us, particularly away at chelsea.  Looked a bit shaky, like ramage, but younger and maybe a little better.

We have a much better defence now though so didnt expect him to be used, but i think most anticipated a loan as he seemed to have some potential.  Think it was wishful thinking though, good luck to him.

I think we should loan edgar out, at least til january.  He needs practise.  (if we get faye and beye)

Guest newcastle4life
??? Suprised Big Sam must not be bothered about him we now have plenty of options compared to last year so he wouldnt play much, but still thought he would be kept for back up.

Never, ever would have been good enough, could perhaps hack it at league one level, but I'm not sure.  I never thought he looked like anything more than a kid just running around out there, which is what he was, but still.  Basic defensive skills totally lacking.  Edgar is the one if we want one of our younger defenders to come through.  Could never understand why he was stuck behind Ramage and Huntington.

Sams not messing around. In fairness its probably a decent move, although surely it would have been better to loan him out, if only for getting a great fee for him at the end of the season.

We would only end up selling him at some point further down the line, he isnt likely to breathrough here over the next few years, would more than likely get upset not getting a spot on the bench and demand a transfer.

How Pattison remains is another matter though.

christ on a bike, get back from holiday and find out we've lost Carr, Ramage and Huntington and now have Faye and Beye, amazing!

Huntington didn't ever look like a decent defender, his shocking lack of pace would have always been taken advantage of and it's great Sam has looked beyond the 'only young' notion

Guest Ridzuan

Ive got to admit that I was surprised and disappointed with the news.I thought he had a future with us,I certainly hope so.The best thing for him is to send him on loan but unfortunately Big Sam decided to sell him.I rather have Ramage out than Huntington.

I said for the future you moran,are you sure its not Ronaldo from Manur you sign up with

well no, you said "pretty good LAST SEASON"

was last season the future? another foreign genius to add to this forum's collection

Guest Magpiecn

Ive got to admit that I was surprised and disappointed with the news.I thought he had a future with us,I certainly hope so.The best thing for him is to send him on loan but unfortunately Big Sam decided to sell him.I rather have Ramage out than Huntington.

Agree

He played with look of someone who shitting themselves, it didn't help him that played left back a lot though. Would rather of kept him than Damage but with Damage being out he ain't going nowhere till Jan at the earliest.

Probably because he was a 19 year-old out of position in his debut Premiership season.

You make it seem like a major sacrifice I think some 19 year olds do jobs a lot more demanding than play out position in a premiership team