Local Hero/Going Home - Bring it back?

Guest Geordiesned
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ace of spades, blatantly

I'm actually sickened we didn't sign Leighton Baines, came up with this today at work.

*To the tune of Ace of Spades, obviously*

If you need a left-back,

you know that he's your man.

He'll bomb forward,

track back,

It's all the same to him.

From the rugby club he came,

the only one we need,

Leighton Baines, Leighton Baines!!

aye bring it back, it was harmless.

Can I ask the people who don't want it bringing back if, before it was ditched, did they want it removed then?  Or is it because only now we've got rid that they're saying no/suggesting alternatives?

I've always hated it.

I'm excited about experiencing the traditional atmosphere and build-up to the game. As an outsider this includes the aforementioned track. There's nothing boring about it at all, to me.

Outsider ? Well I never. Where yer from then, Dave ?

And heres me thinking you were one of God's children all this time.... :parky:

II

II

\/

Can I ask the people who don't want it bringing back if, before it was ditched, did they want it removed then?  Or is it because only now we've got rid that they're saying no/suggesting alternatives?

I've always hated it.

OK fair enough, just got the impression it was only now its been ditched that some people are saying "actually no, I don't like it", thats all.

I've always hated it.

OK fair enough, just got the impression it was only now its been ditched that some people are saying "actually no, I don't like it", thats all.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=37175.msg736170#msg736170

I think i've give it the verbals a fair few other times, that doesn't really go far back enough for how long i've detested it.

II

II

\/

Latin ? 2-2-5 ? Attack minded after someone sent off ?

aye man its me ringtone  :cheesy:

:lol:

Local hero.  :thup:

Am i the only one who hates it with a passion?

I detest people who have it as their mobile ringtone and smile like a cunt when it goes off thinking they are the only person in the world who'd be clever enough it use it for that purpose.

Tossers.

:laugh:

II

II

\/

Latin ? 2-2-5 ? Attack minded after someone sent off ?

:lol:

Check my sig.

Hell yeah!

Can't see why someone don't like it. It's been my ringtone for years, almost no one else in Stavanger (where I live) have it. No one knows that it is the NUFC-song either though but what the hell...

To me Local Hero is NUFC. I don't know why, but I feel like it would be like Liverpool would stop playing You'll Never Walk Alone (though lots of other teams play that song I think, and I don't think anyone else plays Going Home). Actually, the first time I heard Going Home I got this good feeling, and this was before I started to follow Newcastle! I say keep it!

Yes, they should bring it back.

Together with Carmina Burana (O Fortuna) it still makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck.  If I could choose any 2 songs it would be those.

The only other song I would want played would be, as already mentioned, Lux Aeterna but since SSN are using it, I'll be sick of it soon.

CHANGE IT BACK!!