New five year deal for N'Zogbia

Dave

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1105590,00.html

Breaking News: Charles Signs New Toon Deal

By Craig Hope

CHARLES N'Zogbia has committed his future to Newcastle United after putting pen to paper on a new five-year contract.

The deal will keep the French star at St.James' Park until 2012 and is just reward for his impressive start to the new campaign.

N'Zogbia's sparkling form has seen him net two goals as the Magpies remain unbeaten after their opening five fixtures, with the 21-year-old also called up to the France Under-21 squad this week.

And a delighted Charles told Newcastle World TV in an exclusive interview today: "I am happy to sign my contract and I see my future with Newcastle United because it is a great club.

"I admit towards the end of last season I was not happy and I thought I might be leaving the club, but everything is different now with the new manager.

"I have always loved the city, the fans and the club and wanted to stay here. I'm delighted now that I'm playing and I'm really enjoying my football."

:banana:

excellent news

Potentially our most promising youngster.

Will he start sulking again when Duff comes back?

No because he is better than Duff and will keep his place

Based on what?

Do people presume Duff won't improve under Allardyce?

Guest Sniffer

So did n'zogbia ever sign that contract that was always " tbc"? Looks like the answer is no.

People like wullie were adamant that he had based on an ambiguous line in the annual report.

Looks like you can con some of the people all of the time, eh Wullie?

Fantastic news...Not that long contracts mean anything these days if players really wanted to leave but I can see N'Zogbia staying for a while with us and probably the whole length of the contract if NUFC management get their act together and keep pushing forward...

Potentially our most promising youngster.

Will he start sulking again when Duff comes back?

No because he is better than Duff and will keep his place

Based on what?

Do people presume Duff won't improve under Allardyce?

No, but the Zog is already as good as Duff, i reckon, and has more potnetial to achieve. HE'LL flourish under Allardyce, if anyone will.

He even laughed in the interview when it was mentioned about how many of the new signings speak French. :D

He is happy here now but Roeder and Souness very nearly lost him for us..

We were exceptionally close actually. He had signed a deal to go to Spain and he was ready to go. not sure what stopped the deal going through, since it was meant to have been signed.

Great News, now the transfer season is closed we have to start resigning our best players. I excpect Oba will be next followed by Owen. It is essential to offer Owen a new contract and test his resolve about this club.

owen will only stay if hes playing crap... if he becomes a prolific figure again, someone'll swoop in; he won't be here in 3 seasons..

the nzogbia deal is excellent; forgot how good he was, last season did nothing for his development..

Guest NUFCGator

Shows just how important Sam has been to the future of the club already. Roeder couldn't even find place in the starting eleven for Zog while Sam has managed to play him every minute, even though it's been out of position and he's excelled. Shows just how quality he really is and to think we could've lost him this year if we'd kept Roeder on.

So did n'zogbia ever sign that contract that was always " tbc"? Looks like the answer is no.

People like wullie were adamant that he had based on an ambiguous line in the annual report.

Looks like you can con some of the people all of the time, eh Wullie?

You must be gutted about this news are you?

Brilliant news. Still a bit of a rough diamond IMO but there is a lot there to work with, he could become brilliant.

To think with Roeder in charge we probably wouldn't have him right now.

Excellent news, he is indeed a rough diamond but I can't think of any reason why he can't become a top top player if he wants it. There isnt much the lad is lacking.