Steven Taylor rejects new contract; Liverpool preparing £5m bid?

magorific
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Some people will be loving this just so they can have a go at him. I don't see how he's big headed. Milner and Zoggy certainly don't deserve to be paid anymore than him. N'Zogbia especially. I am one of N'Zogbia's biggest fans but he's only just getting back on track so i don't see what he's done to deserve a better contract than Taylor.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

How has the big-headed t*** managed to put himself up alongside Milner and N'Zogbia? Only the top, top defenders demand wages equal to attackers. That apart, he might have a case in not wanting to commit to a 5 yr contract if the terms aren't acceptable. That should be determined on it's own merits and has nothing to do with Milner and Zog who are now first team regulars and a step ahead of Taylor in my view.

Totally untrue tbh.

How's that untrue?

Terry, Ferdinand, Carragher, Woodgate and many more will be earning as much if not more than their club's strikers.

The way some fans threat him he prob thinks we cant live without him and wants a big wage packet.

Or the way some other fans treat him on here, I couldnt blame him for wanting away

Who treats him bad on here? theres 2 types of people on him imo, 1 group who are deluded and up his arse and another group who realise hes a youngster and makes mistakes, like all youngsters do.

What a load of shite, there's 3 groups, the two you mention, plus the group he take every opportunity to have a go at him.

Right, so basically it isnt ALOAD of shite then?

Milner and N'Zogbia are first team regulars. Taylor is not going to be first choice once all our defenders are ready to start, and for all his good assets, he still has plenty to learn IMO. It could be he's not getting a good enough deal like I said, I just hope he doesn't think he's better than he is.

This leaves Alf Taylor to add: “Fans seeing the likes of Albert Luque and Jean Alain Boumsong coming into the club with massive wages must think Steven is also on big bucks, but this is not the case.

“He is not playing for Newcastle for the money, but because he loves football and the club – but it is a short career and the financial aspect is still important.

“But perhaps this is why his contract offer is not in the same category as those players who are coming in from all over the place.

“Yet I do not see this being a problem at Liverpool with Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher.”

Never mind Milner and N'Zogbia, Taylor's dad is throwing around names like Gerrard and Carragher. Like I said, I hope the big-headed twat isn't getting delusions of grandeur.

Milner and N'Zogbia are first team regulars. Taylor is not going to be first choice once all our defenders are ready to start, and for all his good assets, he still has plenty to learn IMO. It could be he's not getting a good enough deal like I said, I just hope he doesn't think he's better than he is.

Will N'Zogbia be a regular once Enrique comes in and Barton and Emre are back?

Taylor is on £9,000 a week at the minute. should be on alot more

Presumably why he's been offered a new contract on a lot more.

how do you know he's been offered more?

There wouldn't be much point in offering a new 5 year contract otherwise would there?

He should get a similar deal to other players his age, experience & starting place regularity.

Nowt wrong with the club offering a new deal or him turning it down. His dad should have declined to say anything & keep any negotiations private. Spouting off in public doesn't do any favours.

Taylor has 'AVERAGE' written all over him.

He has likely6 been tapped up by whoever and probably wants John Terry wages for Titus Bramble performances.

If he wasn't a 'local' then he would get the shit his performances deserve.

Another Dyer scenario in my opinion. Let him go rather than have a useless cunt on £80k pw

He has likely6 been tapped up by whoever and probably wants John Terry wages for Titus Bramble performances.

If he wasn't a 'local' then he would get the s*** his performances deserve.

Another Dyer scenario in my opinion. Let him go rather than have a useless c*** on £80k pw

Jesus Wept.

If he wasn't a 'local' then he would get the s*** his performances deserve.

Another Dyer scenario in my opinion. Let him go rather than have a useless c*** on £80k pw

;D Much like with Ramage then.

Guest Sniffer

So zogbia opts to take a season off because he can't be bothered, puts in a handful of good games and gets a new contract. Presumably with a pay increase that puts a smile on his face. Then arseholes on here call Taylor a big headed twat because, after sitting back watching this, he's not impressed with his offer. Without any idea of the details, he's suddenly a big headed twat. Amazing.

If the contract offer is not fair then he has every right to stand up and say it. If his Father is his agent, then he has every right to say it. THere will be no shortage of takers if Taylor is allowed to leave that is for sure. Teams that were not beating down the doors of no name thirty year olds as well.

There wouldn't be much point in offering a new 5 year contract otherwise would there?

of course there would, to stop him from going on a free

If he wasn't a 'local' then he would get the shit his performances deserve.

Another Dyer scenario in my opinion. Let him go rather than have a useless cunt on £80k pw

Do you ever post anything worthwhile?

If you were offered crap money compared to zoggy and the length of your contract is as long as 5 years, i bet you will take a piss too, now give me a better offer, i am loyal but the offer is just shite. :lol:

I get crap money compared to Zoggy and you are right, I am indeed about to take a piss.

Maybe it's one of those things where he wants to sort it out at the end of the season or at a later stage? Think of the logistics, we've bought five defenders in during this window, Rozehnal looks to be a regular already and Cacapa looks pretty awesome, Beye will probably become first-chocie RB and Faye is knocking around too. Maybe he wants to see if he still gets enough action to justify him committing to the club for that long.

It's common knowledge that Taylor loves the club and the area, people who knock him can go watch videotapes of Boumsong and the like.

How do you know he's on £9,000? :rolleyes:

Guest Brazilianbob

This all just sounds like good business sense to me.

Taylor is on the verge of the full England squad and has 2 years left on his current contract.

It is just possible that in a years time he may have forced his way into the full England set up, and with his contract due to expire the following year, he will then be in a position to pick and choose clubs if he decides to move on, or get the very best out of NUFC in terms of contract offers.

Just speculating about what the contract offer is, but, why accept £40k per week now when it could be £60k per week or more, next year!