Steven Taylor rejects new contract; Liverpool preparing £5m bid?

magorific
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

averange young English defender = overpaid as usually... so i don't surprise if Taylor asking more money

How is him an average young english defender, and how is him overpaid?

Ow is im an average player blud, ow is im overpaid?

Thats how I read that anyway :lol:

Also mentioned that Nicky Butt is getting a new extended contract.

GOOD!!

Bad IMO, much rather replace him and keep Taylor.  I bet Butt's on some astronically stupid wages

Butt is vastly under rated imo, I cant comment on his wages beause i dont know that he's on.

Let him go i say.  Do not deserved to be paid the amount he wants; i trust Big Sam's judgement.  He is becoming the defence version of Dyer...promises a lot, a few decent performances here and there but generally average to be honest.  Stands out last season cos of overhyped local boy playing in a defence of misfits but if you inspect carefully, he has dropped his fair share of clungers, cost us games with rash tackles, hopeless positioning etc.  In fact, there are games where Bramble was more outstanding.  In truth, few games evidently though, Roz and Cascapa make a whole lot of a better defence unit, its been a long time since i do not have to cringe whenever a CB holds or clears the ball.  TBH, everytime Taylor has possession, i am just screaming for him to just whack the ball away due to his lesser ability.  I am not happy that his father or him regards himself as a star player of kind when he is clearly not...way far from it. Piss off, Taylor!!!

averange young English defender = overpaid as usually... so i don't surprise if Taylor asking more money

??

I'm neither one of the extremes. I don't think Taylor is of yet a brilliant defender - good, yes - brilliant, no. He isn't though either, the new Bramble.

What we (the club) need to do is for once be sensible. Don't take the piss by thinking because he's a local lad and a supporter we can offer him under the going rate and he'll just sign. Also just because he's a promising defender we shouldn't (like we've done in the past) pay over the odds and have someone who may not fulfill they're potential and be stuck with a average player on high wages.

Although it pains me to say it, I have to admit it sounds as if Taylor and his dad may be getting a bit greedy, that is if the reports of Sam about age and experience are anything to go by, to me it sounds as if the club must have offered him around the same wage as Charlie and Milner. 

??

How is him?

??

How is him?

One of his more understandable contributions, imo.

Allardyce also confessed he is ready to offer midfielder Nicky Butt an extension to his current deal.

The former Manchester United and England midfielder, whose contract expires in June 2008, expressed a desire to stay on Tyneside beyond his current contract at the end of last season.

Allardyce appears to be ready to offer new terms.

He says: “We will looking to deal as quickly as possible with Nicky Butt and people like him who are in the last year of their contracts.”

Butt, Carr, Ramage, Pattison and Troisi are the players in the last year of their contracts.

Allardyce also confessed he is ready to offer midfielder Nicky Butt an extension to his current deal.

The former Manchester United and England midfielder, whose contract expires in June 2008, expressed a desire to stay on Tyneside beyond his current contract at the end of last season.

He says: “We will looking to deal as quickly as possible with Nicky Butt and people like him who are in the last year of their contracts.”

Butt, Carr, Ramage, Pattison and Troisi are the players in the last year of their contracts.

:kasper:

Isnt Baba in the last year aswell?

:kasper:

Isnt Baba in the last year aswell?

His runs out in 2009 according to .com

Taylor has done very well for us and still has lots to learn.  Feel confident that he will get better and he deserves to be on better money.  I don't know how much he is on now or what he was offered, but when people like Faye come in and pick up £30k a week I can see why he's asking for more. 

Sunday Sun saying this morning him and Daddy aren't happy Allardyce criticised both parties for publicising events.

IIf he's dropped v Derby then he wont attend planned talks on his future planned for Wednesday and will seek to leave in January.

What a fucking arrogant cunt he's coming across.

In my opinion he's been tapped up while on international duty.

Guest sittingontheball

Sunday Sun saying this morning him and Daddy aren't happy Allardyce criticised both parties for publicising events.

IIf he's dropped v Derby then he wont attend planned talks on his future planned for Wednesday and will seek to leave in January.

What a f****** arrogant c*** he's coming across.

If he wants to lose whatever sympathy the crowd may have for him, he's going the right way about it. You've just got to compare him with Milner who has been messed around something rotten but never complained.

the whole situation stinks of that situation in 2004 when all the young players went full of themselves like jenas, dyer and bellamy. looks like stevie is doing the same and if  he doesn't  realise he's getting handsomely paid to play for his dream club, then i'd ship him out beacuse we don't need this. he is a good defender and will get better....as long as he realises he isn't bigger than the club.

What a fucking arrogant cunt he's coming across.

If that's the case, and its a big 'IF' then i'd have no problems for him to be shipped out in January.

I'm one of the lads biggest fans, but my club is more important than his ego and pay packet.

But i feel the whole thing has been blown out of proportion. Yes his father should of kept his mouth shut, and SA has every right to be annoyed with that, look at the situation its caused for starters, anymore ill advised actions by the Taylor camp should be treated with stern actions, if that means booting him out then so be it. It would be his own fault if he makes more of this than he should, which his father already has.

the whole situation stinks of that situation in 2004 when all the young players went full of themselves like jenas, dyer and bellamy. looks like stevie is doing the same and if  he doesn't  realise he's getting handsomely paid to play for his dream club, then i'd ship him out beacuse we don't need this. he is a good defender and will get better....as long as he realises he isn't bigger than the club.

What are you on about? He isn't handsomely payed at all, by all accounts he is one of the lowest paid players at the club.

To be honest I can't blame Taylor for what he's doing. He wants to be paid a fair rate that is on a par with other young players at this club and he wants to start. At the end of the day it's his livelihood so if he can't get what he wants he'll move on. 

Nicky Butt signing a new contract is good news, plain and simple; i'm not disappointed in the slightest. I can say that even in the knowledge that when the full squad's fit, he shouldn't be in the team, but he's just such a leader and an experienced head that he's fantastic for the dressing room alone. When he came out after the Watford game and talked about the nonchalent, disinterested players in the squad, he went up in my estimations. I bet he's an excellent, hard-faced member of the dressing room, and still a decent player. Sam's done well to get this sorted as soon as possible.