Women's World Cup

Dave

Aye, it's absolutely ridiculous that they don't really.

Well I wouldn't really call it ridiculous. It's supply and demand. If there was enough demand from people to go to the games and spending money on the team then they would all get paid well

`England were fantastic as well, much the better team.`

have to disagree!  I thought we were dross.  No decent crosses, the finishing was very poor and the overall game plan was wrong....sampson didnt compensate for the heat factor properly.  Yes japan got lucky, it might have been 3-1 to england, but the play int he last third was far from convincing.

Japan won the tactical battle and deserved the win as far as i could see.  Very poor england performance.

This is rubbish. It seemed pretty obvious to me that England were the better side against superior opposition. We lost because of bad luck. Our efforts hit the bar, their deflected cross goes in off the bar.

Guest bobbyfisher

Aye, England won the tactical battle by far.

am not gonna agree.  This game was like the france germany game...in that one team may have dominated possesion but they lost the game, becauseof shite play in the final third.  Japan knew exactly how to weather the storm and then do enough to get through the game' its why they are world champions.  Rember when greece won the euros, same style, crap to watch but it wins tournaments.

England had to resort to throwing it over the heads of the dwarfs to gain an attack.  yeahi guess that worked as eng got some shots on the goal, but most were from outside the box and a bit snatched. 

England lost the game cos of bad tactics, not bad luck.

Will watch the game again, but am sure am right  ;D

Anyone saying Japan were the better team knows f*** all about football...

Japan was the better team. Fact.

Didn't see the match or any highlights or summaries of it.

So you just wanted to tell us you know nothing about football then? :lol:

Anyone saying Japan were the better team knows f*** all about football...

Japan was the better team. Fact.

Didn't see the match or any highlights or summaries of it.

So you just wanted to tell us you know nothing about football then? :lol:

Yes.

I also think that Newcastle plays some of the best football in the world and that is why I support them. Fact. :snod:

Well I wouldn't really call it ridiculous. It's supply and demand. If there was enough demand from people to go to the games and spending money on the team then they would all get paid well

Yeah, I mean the fact that's the case is what's ridiculous though. It's the biggest sport in England and the women's side of it is pretty much non-existent in comparison to the men's. I mean I don't expect them to be drawing in 40k crowds and earning £20k a week but it's obvious it could be far better than it is, I'm not sure what the Germans (or the Americans) do differently like, I haven't really read up on it.

Yeah, I mean the fact that's the case is what's ridiculous though. It's the biggest sport in England and the women's side of it is pretty much non-existent in comparison to the men's. I mean I don't expect them to be drawing in 40k crowds and earning £20k a week but it's obvious it could be far better than it is, I'm not sure what the Germans (or the Americans) do differently like, I haven't really read up on it.

Can't speak for the Germans, but there were opportunities for women in football in the U.S. long before most other countries. Ironically, the thing that has arguably hindered the men's game is largely responsible for developing the women's game in the U.S., and that's the university football system.

Can't speak for the Germans, but there were opportunities for women in football in the U.S. long before most other countries. Ironically, the thing that has arguably hindered the men's game is largely responsible for developing the women's game in the U.S., and that's the university football system.

Didn't soccer use to have the rep as a "girl's game" back in the day as well?

Didn't soccer use to have the rep as a "girl's game" back in the day as well?

Girls either played this game or volleyball and many swam or played tennis too. In the USA boys have more access and ease to play basketball football or baseball. All of that is shifting these days. Our girls game developed so quickly bc it's generally the sport that girls play growing up and like Deuce Said, college game is vastly superior.