Women's World Cup

Dave

Well, not just that Neil, she shinned it I think. It wasn't a toe poke where that was all she could do to reach the ball and make contact, I think she ballsed up a pretty simple interception having done the hard work to get into position.

However you look at it, its still horrendous bad luck for where the ball went.

Awful way to lose, not truly beaten.

Well at least she's got the worst moment in her life over with.

Shame about last night. England were really good.

When that kind of error happens, it's so bloody ridiculous you just have to laugh that off and move on. So absurd.

Guest bobbyfisher

`England were fantastic as well, much the better team.`

have to disagree!  I thought we were dross.  No decent crosses, the finishing was very poor and the overall game plan was wrong....sampson didnt compensate for the heat factor properly.  Yes japan got lucky, it might have been 3-1 to england, but the play int he last third was far from convincing.

Japan won the tactical battle and deserved the win as far as i could see.  Very poor england performance.

Thought Japan were on the ropes myself, don't remember them causing England many problems second half, other than the sub hitting a shot wide. They certainly retained possession better and ran the game in the first half but much less so in the second.

I think I enjoy watching women's football more than the Premier League - no diving, no players yelling in the referee's face, no close-ups of massive flemmy gobs, ref's letting players tackle and letting the games run and some reasonably attractive women with obvious nip-ons.

Ok, so the standard of football isn't great but it just highlights how much there is to dislike about men's top flight football.

I don't find the standard of football that bad tbh. USA and Germany game was so good.

I mean it's no worse than the rubbish we play every damned week. We are so horrible.

I was talking about the England - Japan game. The standard in general has been a lot better than previous WCs for Women, but that match was a horror show.

I guess I can understand why the passing and such is below Conference standard in the sense that most of these girls have jobs on the side and can't train every day on passing and such like most male clubs can. If we're striving for equality the top flight female leagues in countries other than Germany and such need to have an economy which allows the girls to solely focus on their football.

England's penalty came from a slight touch of the hand on the waist. It was a dive. The Japanese player was pushed for their penalty, but it was outside the box.

I thought the game as a whole today was quite dull and hope that Japan can up their game for the final.

Does she actually still practice while she plays then? Had no idea. That's crazy man. Got to admire that love for the game.

Judging from Google she went full time as a footballer recently.

Ah, right. Interesting. Had no idea they weren't even full time before.