Derby VS Newcastle

Decky

Guest TampaToon

I reckon a draw.  I said 4 pts from wigan, and derby - and still unbeaten i think that would be a good position to be

4 points from Wigan and Derby would make you happy?  Why..

I'd hate to be so pessimistic.  We're playing one of the worst Premiership teams in recent years, ffs.

agreed - they're less talented (and organized) than the sunderland team we beat 1-4 away in shearer's last game, and we're more talented than the team we fielded that day.

Meanwhile, Jose Enrique and Mark Viduka will both face late fitness tests becuase of their respective hamstring injuries.

And Sam added: "Jose has a slight hamstring problem but we'll have to wait and see how he is.

"Mark Viduka is still a little way off because he hasn't trained with the rest of the lads yet and we'll have to wait until Monday probably before deciding if he plays."

Could be...

Harper

Beye Taylor Rozenhal N'Zogbia

Geremi Smith Butt  Milner

Owen Martins

Guest jamesmartinsmith

-----------------  Given

Beye - Rozehnal - Cacapa - N'Zogbia

Geremi --- Butt --- Smith

Owen --- Viduka --- Martins

........................Given

Beye...Rozenhal...Cacapa...Enrique

.............Faye.........Geremi

.....................Milner

...Martins.......................N'Zogbia

...................Owen

Why have you picked that shithouse?

........................Given

Beye...Rozenhal...Cacapa...Enrique

.............Faye.........Geremi

.....................Milner

...Martins.......................N'Zogbia

...................Owen

Why have you picked that shithouse?

Because I think he has potential to do a job for us in that position while Barton and Emre are out.

Even though I know you're being sarcastic, David.

apart from kicking off once cos it's there turn and kicking off after we score i can't see derby touching the ball(except out 7th ball which is awicked deflection

ps.i'm  pissed

It's the most lucid you've ever been.

Of all the people to have a run in with who would have thought it would be Given?

Probably the worst player Allardyce could fall out with.

Of all the people to have a run in with who would have thought it would be Given?

Not really, Given just has to accept lke other players that competition is good for the whole squad and if a player plays well, then it's his jersey to lose. If he is so confident that he is better than Harper, then he should also be confident that Harper would be dropped soon.

Guest toonlass

Not really, Given just has to accept lke other players that competition is good for the whole squad and if a player plays well, then it's his jersey to lose. If he is so confident that he is better than Harper, then he should also be confident that Harper would be dropped soon.

While I can understand why Given would be pissed off to lose his place to Harper, I think that the competition for that place can only be good. Harper does not deserve to be dropped just because Given is fit, I think the fact that Harper knows that Given will probably not lose his place in the team should he get back in(unless he was injured) would be excellent incentive to produce some class displays from Harper. And call me a romantic, but Harper has lived in Given's shadow for so long that it is nice to see him get his chance. I do hope that Allardyce has the balls to keep Harper in the side, for the short term anyway.

While I can understand why Given would be pissed off to lose his place to Harper, I think that the competition for that place can only be good. Harper does not deserve to be dropped just because Given is fit, I think the fact that Harper knows that Given will probably not lose his place in the team should he get back in(unless he was injured) would be excellent incentive to produce some class displays from Harper. And call me a romantic, but Harper has lived in Given's shadow for so long that it is nice to see him get his chance. I do hope that Allardyce has the balls to keep Harper in the side, for the short term anyway.

:thup:

That's not necassarily the truth at the moment. Harper's playing well.

Looking ahead, I would expect Harper and Given to play a game each against West Ham and Arsenal,  Hopefully, that will be to our benefit as each strive to prove they should be first choice.

You're probably right. :thup:

Just been offered a £50 bet on this from a Derby supporter, but like an idiot refused to take it.  ???

I may not have the confidence that we can beat lesser teams yet, but one thing I'm loveing at the moment is that I can't see us losing this one. blueyes.gif

Just been offered a £50 bet on this from a Derby supporter, but like an idiot refused to take it.  ???

I may not have the confidence that we can beat lesser teams yet, but one thing I'm loveing at the moment is that I can't see us losing this one. blueyes.gif

Name, address and phone number of this Derby supporter please?  :parky: