Benny Benitez: Parky 6 Benny 2 (Benitez watch.). Inter sack the waiter.

Parky

Guest palnese

"I have no problem living in Liverpool, but I think my wife and daughters deserve to enjoy every day to the full and live their lives – but they have to be at home all day. My wife doesn't speak a word of English, so she depends 100% on me. I live here with them. That's my world, that's my life."

Then learn the language, you stupid cunt.

Guest Stephen927

"I have no problem living in Liverpool, but I think my wife and daughters deserve to enjoy every day to the full and live their lives – but they have to be at home all day. My wife doesn't speak a word of English, so she depends 100% on me. I live here with them. That's my world, that's my life."

Then learn the language, you stupid c***.

:lol:

That's Jonas and Coloccini off to Liverpool then to help him settle. ;)

I don't think they put any of their own money in. It was a leveraged buy-out.

That RAWK thread posted somewhere in here is amazing reading

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=257942.0

That is scary. Gillet et al are pretending the easy capital of pre-2008 will return. It's not going to anytime soon and in the meantime Liverpool will continue their decline.

No CL. What are the odds for mid-table mediocrity next year?

They are going to have to sell their blue chip players, it's the only clear way out. hee hee

Won't do any good. The banks have only extended the credit to the yanks on the condition that the actively start trying to sell the club. Selling the whole squad wouldn't cover half the debt.

Not sure of the exact length of the extension, but you can be sure they won't get another. Bank doesn't give a toss what price the yanks get, because they get no share of the profit.

They're holding out for north of £500m, but anything over about £300m will see the wankers make a profit. The upside of it is, the yanks never intended to put a single penny of their own money into the club, and they won't start now. It's more expensive to borrow than when they came in, and unlike Man Utd, there's not a cat in hell's chance that the club can generate the money to pay off the loans. The same will apply for any subsequent buyer, so we might be free from speculators, if not incompetents.

Their only sensible option is to sell up.

They'll probably try to get two or three bidders into a bidding war in the summer, but I can't see them holding onto the club much longer than that. Thank fuck.

LFC will not go anywhere near being sold at the price they will be looking for.

Gotta love how this reads like "f*** my life, being with my wife and kids every day"  :lol:

Interesting to see so many high-profile Argentinians struggling to adapt to England. Tévez first and now him. Jonás and Coloccini seem to be doing fine, though, and haven't heard anything from Insúa or Di Santo... So guess it's just those two...

"I have no problem living in Liverpool, but I think my wife and daughters deserve to enjoy every day to the full and live their lives but they have to be at home all day. My wife doesn't speak a word of English, so she depends 100% on me. I live here with them. That's my world, that's my life."

Gotta love how this reads like "f*** my life, being with my wife and kids every day"  :lol:

Interesting to see so many high-profile Argentinians struggling to adapt to England. Tévez first and now him. Jonás and Coloccini seem to be doing fine, though, and haven't heard anything from Insúa or Di Santo... So guess it's just those two...

I think it definitely helps when they are 2 at the same club but if you haven't mastered the language its not going to be very easy for you.

Saying that there are ample Spanish speakers (although they don't speak Argentina's bastardised version) at Liverpool and you'd think they would make an effort to get on with Mascherano, spanish culture isn't a million miles away from Argentine.

When a club buys a foreign player, they should do their outmost to settle the player into the new environment, and that means helping the players family as well. I dread to think of how many foreign based players have failed in England due to not settling in well. Help them getting a place to stay, enlist kids to schools, get the players and wife on an english course ASAP and implement a sponsors program so other players have to help the new ones.

Some clubs probably do that, but many don't. I don't think Newcastle has ever been any good at this, and it really is silly and naive. The players may be old enough to expect them to handle it them selves, but we all know how players can be, and it is a cheap way to protect the clubs investment in the player.

When a club buys a foreign player, they should do their outmost to settle the player into the new environment, and that means helping the players family as well. I dread to think of how many foreign based players have failed in England due to not settling in well. Help them getting a place to stay, enlist kids to schools, get the players and wife on an english course ASAP and implement a sponsors program so other players have to help the new ones.

Some clubs probably do that, but many don't. I don't think Newcastle has ever been any good at this, and it really is silly and naive. The players may be old enough to expect them to handle it them selves, but we all know how players can be, and it is a cheap way to protect the clubs investment in the player.

Allardyce said he was going to do something about that, but whether that happenned or is still in place is another question.

Argies are notorious for not adapting wanting to adapt to foreign cultures. Like the English.

I mean, why the fuck would his wife sit at home all day complaining about not speaking English instead of ordering the best English teacher money can buy to her house to teach her and the kids it?

Sound like the kind of passive-aggressive shit my mother would pull.

Guest Heneage

Allardyce said he was going to do something about that, but whether that happenned or is still in place is another question.

The club should be looking to employ Player Liason officers.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest je85

Liverpool offer Rafael Benitez a way out of Anfield

Liverpool have attempted to pave the way for Rafael Benitez’s departure by offering their manager a compromise deal to leave the club this summer.

In what amounts to a vote of no confidence in Benitez, the Liverpool board approved a proposal to the Spaniard which would see him depart Anfield with a lucrative pay off worth in the region of £3 million up front.

According to the terms of the five-year contract he signed in March 2009, Benitez is entitled to a £16 million severance package but given their current financial predicament there is no possibility of Liverpool being able to come up with that kind of money, regardless of their desire to bring about a change of manager.

As such, the club’s hierarchy is hoping that Benitez will stand aside without demanding the windfall that he would otherwise due or else they will have no option but to allow him to continue in the role he has been in since the summer of 2004 in the knowledge that he is no longer wanted.

Though Benitez is yet to accept the offer, the chances of a compromise being reached were raised by indications from the 50-year-old that he would not be able to take the club any further if, as expected, the current restrictions on transfer spending are extended into another summer. Despite claims by co-owner Tom Hicks last week that Liverpool are set to spend big in the coming months, the reality is that their transfer budget is currently limited to £15 million at most and there are yet to be any assurances that they will be able to re-invest the proceeds from player sales to any great extent.

Had Benitez received the guarantees he had been looking for during talks with Martin Broughton, Liverpool’s chairman, then the current situation would not have arisen but with both parties unable to envisage a way of working together for the good of the club a parting of the ways now looks increasingly inevitable.

Such is Liverpool’s palsied fiscal state, they recently posted record annual losses of £55 million and are saddled with debts totalling £351 million, Broughton was simply unable to offer Benitez the guarantees he was looking for and after a desperately disappointing campaign in which they finished seventh in the Barclays Premier League and failed to qualify for next season’s Champions League the club’s hierarchy would not have been keen to extend Benitez’s tenure anyway.

Inter Milan ready to offer Benitez an escape route to Italy should he show any willingness to follow in the footsteps of Jose Mourinho, his managerial arch rival, although Benitez’s agent, Manuel Garcia Quillon, has insisted that the reigning European and Italian champions have not made any contact with his client.

“I don’t know anything about Inter,” Quillon said. “No one has contacted me, it’s just transfer speculation.”

Massimo Moratti, the Inter president, is a confirmed admirer of Benitez and is monitoring his position. On Monday, he made his admiration and his interest public when he told reporters that “I have always thought Benitez is a good coach, but he is linked with Liverpool” and he will be encouraged by the fact that those links now appear to be loosening.

It would be problematic for Liverpool to find a top class replacement given that they cannot offer managerial candidates either a squad that is equipped for a title challenge or a substantial transfer package to tempt them. The situation is further complicated by the fact that the club is up for sale and the Liverpool board may not feel able to offer Benitez’s successor a long-term contract in case potential investors are not impressed by their choice. That could mean a temporary manger is the only viable solution, at least until a buyer is found.

It is against this backdrop of managerial intrigue and endemic uncertainty at Anfield that Real Madrid have raised the stakes in their bid to sign Steven Gerrard. The front page of yesterday’s Marca, the newspaper that is most associated with Real, carried a picture of the Liverpool captain and a story revealing that he is Jose Mourinho’s number one transfer target.

Though adamant that Gerrard is not for sale, Liverpool are bracing themselves for an offer, probably in the region of €30 million, from Real and Pepe Reina is hoping that both club and player will resist the overtures from the Spanish giants.

“I hope Gerrard will not go to Real Madrid and that he will stay with Liverpool for a long time, that he will be with us for the rest of his career,” the goalkeeper said. “I understand that something will happen, that Real Madrid are interested in Gerrard because Mourinho knows him very well and he is a footballer who can play in any team in the world.”

why the need to offer him £3m - just tell him there'e gonna be no capital outlay over the summer and see if he wants to stay then

Or since Inter supposedly want him, wait to see if they come in and get a compensation payment?

Hopefully they'll be stupid enough to just throw money at him instead though.

In some ways I'll be said to see the fat clown leave.... on the other hand, it's hilarious that one of the most graceless, arrogant people in football is going to get sacked in such a demeaning fashion :lol:

sounds like he's told them he aint going nowhere - no matter how hard they try to push out the door by refusing him transfer funds. but what kind of board negotiates that kind of payoff in a contract in the first place?