Benny Benitez: Parky 6 Benny 2 (Benitez watch.). Inter sack the waiter.

Parky

Look man if you want to debate Liverpools current problems on the pitch not what happened 2 years ago I'm here for you. blueyes.gif

In the summer I pinpointed 2 managers who have trouble this year (and people on this forum will back me up) the other one was Jol.

I think Jol is a tactical bufoon and Benitwz is too def to be manager of Liverpool fc.

What happen to your Wenger bashing Parky?

Did you see the game at all?

You obviously didn't because Kuyt was not even on the bench.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Seen that tactic before NE5 Parky.

Like Jol before him all Parky industries space lazer weapons are now turned on the Spanish waiter.  :razz:

:laugh2:

The bigger picture needs to be looked at here.

A couple of months before we sacked SBR the Scousers decided they had reached the end of the line with Houiller and sensibly, imo, finished him before the pre-season and went for the most successful coach in Europe (excluding Mourinho). Despite the fact they had beaten us into 4th position.

Since then THEY have won the CL and seen a significant improvement as a squad and also in style of play.

Since them WE have witnessed a Souness and Roeder regime and are only just starting to see how the club SHOULD be managed from top to bottom.

Are we really in a position to criticise?

Stones. Glass. Throw. Houses. Don't. In.

Put them in order and that's what comes to mind.

Personally, I love it how all the talk has been about Manyoo, Chelski and Liverpool, while Arsenal have just quietly gone about their business and become the first club to have a two point lead at the top of the table.

Chelsea draw at HOME to Blackburn but its Liverpool who are ABOVE Chelsea and were AWAY from home who are the ones under pressure.

May be harsh but is Parky just using any excuse to try and back up his claims?

Have some straws  :razz:

A couple of months before we sacked SBR the Scousers decided they had reached the end of the line with Houiller and sensibly, imo, finished him before the pre-season and went for the most successful coach in Europe (excluding Mourinho). Despite the fact they had beaten us into 4th position.

Since then THEY have won the CL and seen a significant improvement as a squad and also in style of play.

Since them WE have witnessed a Souness and Roeder regime and are only just starting to see how the club SHOULD be managed from top to bottom.

Nice potted historee lesson but fuck all to do with the topic at hand ditto Benny's gauranteed departure from Anfield after they win the Carling Cup and finish 3rd in the league and go out of the CL in QF.

If he doesn't stop meddling and rotating that is where I see their season imo.

Nice potted historee lesson but f*** all to do with the topic at hand ditto Benny's gauranteed departure from Anfield after they win the Carling Cup and finish 3rd in the league and go out of the CL in QF.

I think he has another year of building before there's pressure to challenge for the title tbh.

As someone said earlier, he hasn't spent a net fortune really at all, and Babel and Torres are both young and will need a year to really get going consistently I reckon.

They also still need one more truly quality player IMO, someone to create from wide areas. If they get that player, whomever he may be, next summer then I reckon they may just be ready.

Nice potted historee lesson but f*** all to do with the topic at hand ditto Benny's gauranteed departure from Anfield after they win the Carling Cup and finish 3rd in the league and go out of the CL in QF.

I think he has another year of building before there's pressure to challenge for the title tbh.

As someone said earlier, he hasn't spent a net fortune really at all, and Babel and Torres are both young and will need a year to really get going consistently I reckon.

They also still need one more truly quality player IMO, someone to create from wide areas. If they get that player, whomever he may be, next summer then I reckon they may just be ready.

They do need a quality wide player.....and then he goes and buys Babel who is a forward cum winger. I will say Pennant has improved under him.

Then next year people will be saying the def needs sorting.  blueyes.gif

They do need a quality wide player.....and then he goes and buys Babel who is a forward cum winger. I will say Pennant has improved under him.

Ryan Babel left, Yossi Benayoun right - two quality wide players.

Ryan Babel left, Yossi Benayoun right - two quality wide players.

Good enough to win you the league? :lol:

Personally, I love it how all the talk has been about Manyoo, Chelski and Liverpool, while Arsenal have just quietly gone about their business and become the first club to have a two point lead at the top of the table.

blueyes.gif

I said at the start of the season it would just be like Arsenal and Wenger to go and win the league with everyone stupidly writing them off and saying they won't even make the top 4.

blueyes.gif

I said at the start of the season it would just be like Arsenal and Wenger to go and win the league with everyone stupidly writing them off and saying they won't even make the top 4.

Well if you did, then i'd have thought you were mad, i still think you are slightly jumping the gun a little, and all thats happened is they've had a good start, lucky at times. A lot of season left, i very much doubt Arsenal will win the league, although i wouldn't mind it in the slightest.

Dont see why everyone is starting to call Benitez

They didnt win away to pompey which is one of the hardest away grounds to come away with 3 points

Liverpool didnt concede, players mightve been tired from international and not 100%

And i rate crouch  :razz: he scores goals when needed,

Kuyt is shite

Guest Brazilianbob

Personally I think there is a lot of mileage in the idea of resting your best players at the start of the match, then bringing them on when the opposition players are tired.  Starting with your best players means they are likely to be marked out of the game by fresh defenders and by the time the defenders are tired so are your best players.  Bringing them on after 55 minutes etc. when the defenders are tired means they are more likely to make something happen if they can pick up the pace of the game immediately.

Personally I think there is a lot of mileage in the idea of resting your best players at the start of the match, then bringing them on when the opposition players are tired.  Starting with your best players means they are likely to be marked out of the game by fresh defenders and by the time the defenders are tired so are your best players.  Bringing them on after 55 minutes etc. when the defenders are tired means they are more likely to make something happen if they can pick up the pace of the game immediately.

Good point. But at these early stages of the season you want your young £20m+ striker to start...I could understand if Torres was 32 or summat and it was 2/3 of the way into a heavy season.