Benny Benitez: Parky 6 Benny 2 (Benitez watch.). Inter sack the waiter.

Parky

Hold on a sec, Parky, what are we gunning for here?

Benitez getting the sack, so that they appoint a better (in your eyes) manager and pull further away from us, especially PL-wise?

If Benitez is so poor, surely you want them to stick with him?

Has nobody else pointed this out yet!? I'm baffled.

I personally wish we had 19 Graeme Souness clones managing the other teams in our league.

I just got sick of people telling me he was the coaching equivalent of Einstien.

Have to agree 100% on this one. Kewell just doesn't have the pace or confidence any more to do what he used to at leeds etc, he's also cack at any sort of defending, Babel on the other hand looks to be a right handfull and doesn't seem averse to putting in a good shift. What is the fat spanish knome up to? (couldn't really care-but salt and wounds...he.he)

:lol:

agreed. With the comment about Babel and the smillie  :lol:

Benitez getting the sack, so that they appoint a better (in your eyes) manager and pull further away from us, especially PL-wise?

I personally wish we had 19 Graeme Souness clones managing the other teams in our league.

I just got sick of people telling me he was the coaching equivalent of Einstien.

Aye, I know what you mean. Don't think you're far wrong, personally - his rotation policy usually makes little-to-no-sense, and they haven't really built on their early success under him, despite him inheriting some of the best players in the league when he took over.

Aye, I know what you mean. Don't think you're far wrong, personally - his rotation policy usually makes little-to-no-sense, and they haven't really built on their early success under him, despite him inheriting some of the best players in the league when he took over.

Rafa Benitez has once again defended his squad rotation policy. He commented ahead of Liverpool's Carling Cup tie Against Chelsea:

"It keeps the burglars guessing who's at home on match days!"

:laugh: :blush:

Friend of mine is Liverpool fan who has a theory about Benitez.

Reckons it's an ego thing and that he rotates them all so that it makes Benitez the focal point, the man who will ultimately be seen as the reason for their success while the players are just part of the succesful system.

Reckons it's an ego thing and that he rotates them all so that it makes Benitez the focal point, the man who will ultimately be seen as the reason for their success while the players are just part of the succesful system.

Interesting. If we also add the newly acquired goatee to the picture it's an open and shut case. bluerazz.gif

IF his squad could win the Premiership in that way, he wouldnt be far off. But, they can't and won't.

Liverpool finances in murky waters.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml;jsessionid=4MYAO0WL2ATAZQFIQMGSFFOAVCBQWIV0?xml=/sport/2007/12/20/sfnfro120.xml

"The global credit crunch and nervousness over debt on Liverpool's balance sheet has forced Hicks and Gillett to abandon plans to raise all the money they need in one go.

Instead, they are now looking to borrow £350m to pay off a two-year loan with RBS worth around £270m, inject £60m of working capital for the ground and cover £25m of credit notes used to finance the summer purchases of Fernando Torres and Ryan Babel, again provided by RBS.

It is understood that while the £60m of stadium financing will get Hicks and Gillett through the first 18 months of work on the Stanley Park project there are serious concerns over how they will raise the remaining £300m needed to complete the stadium.

The Americans are confident of raising the money for the stadium once the project is under way, when it will be easier to secure contracts with future sponsors for naming rights and to predict income from the sale of seats and executive boxes."

Liverpool finances in murky waters.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml;jsessionid=4MYAO0WL2ATAZQFIQMGSFFOAVCBQWIV0?xml=/sport/2007/12/20/sfnfro120.xml

"The global credit crunch and nervousness over debt on Liverpool's balance sheet has forced Hicks and Gillett to abandon plans to raise all the money they need in one go.

Instead, they are now looking to borrow £350m to pay off a two-year loan with RBS worth around £270m, inject £60m of working capital for the ground and cover £25m of credit notes used to finance the summer purchases of Fernando Torres and Ryan Babel, again provided by RBS.

It is understood that while the £60m of stadium financing will get Hicks and Gillett through the first 18 months of work on the Stanley Park project there are serious concerns over how they will raise the remaining £300m needed to complete the stadium.

The Americans are confident of raising the money for the stadium once the project is under way, when it will be easier to secure contracts with future sponsors for naming rights and to predict income from the sale of seats and executive boxes."

Maybe they can sell the naming rights of the stadium like what Arsenal did? or have they already done so? It will definitely bring in some much needed cash.

Regards,

Ericz

Benitez's team AND bench choice yesterday made me think he wanted lose!!!

A strong Liverpool side could've taken Chelsea last night, they'd have been the 1st team in quite a while to win at Stamford Bridge.

Liverpool are easily my most disliked of the top four. There's just something horribly naff and plastic about them and dont be fooled into thinking they have any less glory hunters than Man Utd and Chelsea.

Plus they always beat us.

Liverpool are easily my most disliked of the top four. There's just something horribly naff and plastic about them and dont be fooled into thinking they have any less glory hunters than Man Utd and Chelsea.

Plus they always beat us.

Top five.

:huff:

His attempts to defend Crouch and blame the referee last night were pathetic.

What did he say?

Something along the lines of Crouch not getting enough protection from Mikel by the ref led to him losing his head.

What did he say?

Something along the lines of Crouch not getting enough protection from Mikel by the ref led to him losing his head.

as well as saying that the referee ruined the game with the sending off

What did he say?

as well as saying that the referee ruined the game with the sending off

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Jan window to be Benny's last shuffling of the cards...He needs to steer away from the stunning purchases of the likes of Kuyt (most shots off target top 10) no pace and Pennant (can't cross - won't cross).

Good chance he'll be out before Sammy Dice.