Benny Benitez: Parky 6 Benny 2 (Benitez watch.). Inter sack the waiter.

Parky

So they've established that the personalities and/or the system isn't working and are going about working to solve the issues sensibly, whilst managing to keep the single most important man at the club in place.

Sounds good.

Simple when you have some inkling of the business you're involved in.

So they've established that the personalities and/or the system isn't working and are going about working to solve the issues sensibly, whilst managing to keep the single most important man at the club in place.

Sounds good.

Hey that's what we did too!

Kept the wise man and ditched the quitter.

:aww:

Far from having 'a good working relationship' with Parry, Benitez was unsettled because Parry was interfering in transfers - just the very problem that caused KK to walk out..

Unlike Newcastle United, Liverpool's board chose to back their manager instead of the DOF(or Chief Executive, if that is what you prefer to call him..)...that is also why Liverpool will continue to be a successful club and NUFC among the also-rans.

I wouldn't be so sure. Parry has a good working relationship with Benetiz, if anything it'll stop Benetiz signing a new deal if the club can't be sold.

Not what's been reported recently.

The Keane deal (incoming) was apparently brokered by Parry & opposed by Benitez, hence why Benitez never played him.  The Keane deal (outgoing) was opposed by Parry but wanted by Benitez.

There's been an ongoing power struggle at the club over who has control over transfers for a while now.

I can't quite believe that Benitez was actually opposed to Keane's coming in, and it's not true to say that he never played him. He did pick him, but Keane didn't play that well. Liverpool have joined a long list of clubs that have fancied Keane, but ended up disappointed. I don't think he has the athleticism to compete at the very top level of club football. This isn't a dig, but he's found his right level at Spurs.

Liverpool are in serious financial shit, and that may be what prompted selling Keane with no replacement brought in. The clash may not be so much between Benitez and Parry, as Benitez and the money men. Like Keegan, Benitez might simply prefer to deal direct with the owners.

Nearly 18 months and still there! Who'd have thunk it? :laugh:

Rich ffs! I'm trying to make this thread go away.  :shifty:

Tbf the fat spanish waiter has been close to the chop a couple of times........We'll see how the new contract goes. He seems to time negotiations with CL cup runs the scheming bugger.

Rich ffs! I'm trying to make this thread go away.

In fairness, I was in a pub with loads of Liverpool fans on Wednesday night and they all seem to share your view from then even now.

He was getting all sorts of abuse for having Gerrard on the bench (obviously not fit) and for his formation, but then he goes and gets a 0-1 result away at Real Madrid!

It's just another case of us lot thinking we know better, when really we're pretty clueless about most things at the top levels of the game (not just you!) :lol:

Rich ffs! I'm trying to make this thread go away.

In fairness, I was in a pub with loads of Liverpool fans on Wednesday night and they all seem to share your view from then even now.

He was getting all sorts of abuse for having Gerrard on the bench (obviously not fit) and for his formation, but then he goes and gets a 0-1 result away at Real Madrid!

It's just another case of us lot thinking we know better, when really we're pretty clueless about most things at the top levels of the game (not just you!) :lol:

:lol: Aye.

Anyway took a lot out of me getting rid of Ramos.  :aww:

• 5 months later...

Has it been confirmed yet?

I'm still waiting for Benitez to resign, us to sell Taylor to Everton as a replacement for Lescott, Moyes to resign in a huff that Lescott's been sold to Man City and for Moyes to end up as Liverpool manager.

• 2 months later...