Benny Benitez: Parky 6 Benny 2 (Benitez watch.). Inter sack the waiter.

Parky

Dalglish and Hiddink joint favourites for the job, followed my Mourinho, Klinsmann and O'Neill.

Benitez is also favourite to be next manager to leave, followed by Brown and then Fat Sam

And there I was, pissed off because they'd managed to get our (Spurs) game called off to get Mascherano back. Magic.

I hope that Rafa stays at least a couple of weeks. Would be lovely to do the double over them (the first time in ever).

Guest Stephen927

Gerrard out for a fortnight, Beneyoun out for upto a month too.

What do the Liverpool fans think about Benetiz on the whole, do they blame the owners more?

Imagine the Scenario (Highly unlikely but i dream ):

Liverpool have to sell star players Gerrard and Torres in summer. Newcastle promoted with new owner Sheikh Mohammed of Arabia promising big signings.

[move]Breaking news Fernado Torres and Steven Gerrard sign for Newcastle United on 5 year deals for a combined £70 million Breaking news[/move]

I'm Bored.

Liverpool striker Fernando Torres has pleaded with the club's owners to buy new players.

Liverpool are out of the UEFA Champions League and effectively out of the Barclays Premier League title race.

Wednesday's FA Cup third round replay defeat to Reading has left them with just the Europa League trophy to chase.

And Torres wants the club's American co-owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett to back his fellow Spaniard and manager Rafael Benitez.

Torres said: "It's frustrating. We finished second last season. This season should have been a turning point for us - a chance to do something great.

"Manchester United sold Carlos Tevez and Cristiano Ronaldo, while Chelsea didn't sign anyone. But it hasn't been. It's now the owners' turn. They have to sign players so that this does not happen again.

"If we want to compete with United and Chelsea we need a much, much more complete squad. We need more genuinely first-class players and we can't let our best players leave."

Torres, currently out with a knee injury, told Four-Four-Two magazine: "We didn't want to win the Europa League at the start of the season but it's a reality now.

"Now we have to win it. Anything less than winning the tournament would be terrible. We need to improve, we need to take responsibility and we need to get into the top four and win something.

"We have virtually no chance of winning the title now. Now we need to make the best of this situation."

Thing is, they've spent loads, just on very average players.

And shipped out some very good ones.....

It's like Rafa was undermined by the board some years ago and since decided to systematically destroy the squad by selling key players and buying overpriced rubbish.

If Alonso had his head turned he really couldn't do anything, can't keep a player that wants out and sure as hell the club couldn't meet the kind of wages he's at Real. However he is at fault for a) not having another playmaker in the squad (Lucas Leiva, don't make me laugh) b) signing a crocked player that's going to be useless this season.

I guess some of it's not really his fault. If Alonso wanted to go the Real Madrid then there's not a lot he could have done about it, except sign a decent replacement of course.

Don't know the ins and outs of it but I think Benitez trying all summer to sign Barry 12 months earlier convinced Alonso to move on. Benitez didn't handle that situation well at all.

I don't believe Alonso was the glue keeping it all together though. He was just a good player in a good team, and he is missed. But I think Torres has been a bigger miss and he seems to be Liverpool's only forward that scares opposition teams. Everything the team did went through him last season and he reminded me a bit of Henry at Arsenal in his heyday, the way their attacks revolved around one outstanding player. But amidst all the praise, did Benitez consider a contingency for losing his star player? They don't appear to have a plan B in case he gets injured. It's hard to say how Rodriguez will turn out but he's not a natural out and out striker and is unlikely to solve this problem. Who knows, he may recapture his form but he seems to be a bit of a panic signing.

I guess some of it's not really his fault. If Alonso wanted to go the Real Madrid then there's not a lot he could have done about it, except sign a decent replacement of course.

Don't know the ins and outs of it but I think Benitez trying all summer to sign Barry 12 months earlier convinced Alonso to move on. Benitez didn't handle that situation well at all.

I don't believe Alonso was the glue keeping it all together though. He was just a good player in a good team, and he is missed. But I think Torres has been a bigger miss and he seems to be Liverpool's only forward that scares opposition teams. Everything the team did went through him last season and he reminded me a bit of Henry at Arsenal in his heyday, the way their attacks revolved around one outstanding player. But amidst all the praise, did Benitez consider a contingency for losing his star player? They don't appear to have a plan B in case he gets injured. It's hard to say how Rodriguez will turn out but he's not a natural out and out striker and is unlikely to solve this problem. Who knows, he may recapture his form but he seems to be a bit of a panic signing.

Maxi isn't the player he was 3/4 years ago. Too much reliance on Torres without a natural back up is crazy for a club normally gunning for 4 competitions. There really must be a shortage of money....Might have been better to manufacture a new RB from within than spend all that money on an average one.