Benny Benitez: Parky 6 Benny 2 (Benitez watch.). Inter sack the waiter.

Parky

With no CL Footie Torres is going somewhere... the only questions are where and how much will they get for him?

He'll be Mourinho's first signing at City this summer. The cost will be irrelevant.

With no CL Footie Torres is going somewhere... the only questions are where and how much will they get for him?

He'll be Mourinho's first signing at City this summer. The cost will be irrelevant.

What about the current encumbent bro?

• 2 weeks later...

There is one reason why I want Rafa to keep his job as the day he goes Fergie & his butt monkeys Moyes & Allardyce will be stroking each others cock while going "TEEE HEEE TEEE HEE RAFA  IS GONE TEE HEE".

What about the current encumbent bro?

There IS talk of Benitez leaving Liverpool soon and MON is one of the names mentioned as his replacement...Mourinho has also been linked with City, so that wouldn't be a surprise if he tried for Torres.

• 2 weeks later...

So do people want Everton to win tonight so theres a chance Liverpool will finish 8th, or Villa to win to pretty much guarantee they dont get 6th (if Villa win their game in hand)? At the moment with Everton winning:

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/2927/tablet.jpg

Loving their decline :smitten:

Guest Phil K

they might not get into europe at this rate  :lol:

Be interesting how the press react if Liverpool don't get into Europe, and the fans take it badly, and react against board and manager, say

Wonder if :

A/ The press will attack the Liverpool fans and call the fans "deluded" (after all, they will still finish top half) or "disloyal" ? (Like a certain club not far from all our thoughts)

or

B/ Side with the fans every inch of the way attacking who and what THEY attack, and say they DESERVE success (apparently because they've been so successful in the past, no other reason I can see)

Where would YOU put your money ? :D

Guest sittingontheball

Very happy to see them finish outside the top 4. All those celebrity fans and pundits get right on my tits.

However, if Chelsea win the league and the scousers win the UEFA cup thingee, how "successful" does that make the scousers season? Could they sack Benny after getter better silverware than ManUre?

Would quite enjoy Villa overtaking them, though I'm not sure why.

The reliance on Gerrard (who sometimes doesn't turn up) and Torres (who is brilliant but injury prone) is a suicidal approach to building a squad. Why Juventus are so keen on Benny is beyond me.

Guest guinness_fiend

they might not get into europe at this rate  :lol:

Be interesting how the press react if Liverpool don't get into Europe, and the fans take it badly, and react against board and manager, say

Wonder if :

A/ The press will attack the Liverpool fans and call the fans "deluded" (after all, they will still finish top half) or "disloyal" ? (Like a certain club not far from all our thoughts)

or

B/ Side with the fans every inch of the way attacking who and what THEY attack, and say they DESERVE success (apparently because they've been so successful in the past, no other reason I can see)

Where would YOU put your money ? :D

The difference is that Liverpool have a cast iron history of winning things, so the press are bound to say that the fans have been let down.  It's not rocket science.  The media machine is a predictable one.

Guest carlie

Very happy to see them finish outside the top 4. All those celebrity fans and pundits get right on my tits.

However, if Chelsea win the league and the scousers win the UEFA cup thingee, how "successful" does that make the scousers season? Could they sack Benny after getter better silverware than ManUre?

Sure, they get silverware, but imo runner-up in PL is more "succesful" then winning the UEFA cup....so yes I think they could sack Benny even if the get "better" silverware.

A tale from the Old Trafford boardroom: When the team sheets came out  for the Mancs V Liverpool, Christian Purslow the managing director of Liverpool remarked "We have got two defensive midfielders in", David Gill CE MUFC said "Why is that?, CP "Because we don't have three available".

Is it fact or a urban myth I am not 100% sure but I like it.

Guest sittingontheball

Sure, they get silverware, but imo runner-up in PL is more "succesful" then winning the UEFA cup....so yes I think they could sack Benny even if the get "better" silverware.

Yeah that's right, but it just shows how the CL has warped football.

A tale from the Old Trafford boardroom: When the team sheets came out  for the Mancs V Liverpool, Christian Purslow the managing director of Liverpool remarked "We have got two defensive midfielders in", David Gill CE MUFC said "Why is that?, CP "Because we don't have three available".

Is it fact or a urban myth I am not 100% sure but I like it.

I saw his Valencia play with three defensive mids. He won the league with the lowest goalscoring tally since we play 38 games a season!

Yeah that's right, but it just shows how the CL has warped football.

UEFA Cup, not the CL.

Sure, I'd rather we finished second in the league than won the UEFA Cup, but it's better than nothing.

CL vs league is relative. You guys would far rather win the league than the CL, because you haven't won it in an age. Same goes for us. But if you're winning the league regularly like Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal have been, you crave the CL (so I'm told), because it's the icing on the cake. Fergie's Man Utd sides were English greats, but not European greats, like the current Barcelona side will probably be.