Benny Benitez: Parky 6 Benny 2 (Benitez watch.). Inter sack the waiter.

Parky

Benny might just have a lifeline.

Hicks and Gillett have put them up for sale and appointed a new chairman. Are these wankers going to weasel their way out of the shitstorm that's headed their way?  :undecided:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8624597.stm

"Having grown the club this far we have now decided together to look to sell the club to owners committed to take the club through its next level of growth and development.

Haha ha.

Honest question. Despite the leveraged purchase stuff, how's the yanks general stewardship of the club been? I mean, as much as they curse the Glazers in Mancunia, the club has grown a lot under them (even if the debt might undo all that at some point).

Very happy to see them finish outside the top 4. All those celebrity fans and pundits get right on my tits.

However, if Chelsea win the league and the scousers win the UEFA cup thingee, how "successful" does that make the scousers season? Could they sack Benny after getter better silverware than ManUre?

Sure, they get silverware, but imo runner-up in PL is more "succesful" then winning the UEFA cup....so yes I think they could sack Benny even if the get "better" silverware.

Yeah that's right, but it just shows how the CL has warped football.

UEFA Cup, not the CL.

Sure, I'd rather we finished second in the league than won the UEFA Cup, but it's better than nothing.

CL vs league is relative. You guys would far rather win the league than the CL, because you haven't won it in an age. Same goes for us. But if you're winning the league regularly like Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal have been, you crave the CL (so I'm told), because it's the icing on the cake. Fergie's Man Utd sides were English greats, but not European greats, like the current Barcelona side will probably be.

Whichever way this goes you're fucked.

WHEN Benitez goes, i suspect that Liverpool will hire a very good manager to replace him.

There's a little Portugese fella that is desperate for a return to England.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8624597.stm

"Having grown the club this far we have now decided together to look to sell the club to owners committed to take the club through its next level of growth and development.

Haha ha.

Honest question. Despite the leveraged purchase stuff, how's the yanks general stewardship of the club been? I mean, as much as they curse the Glazers in Mancunia, the club has grown a lot under them (even if the debt might undo all that at some point).

How tough have Liverpool had it under the yanks?  Most of there problems seem to be from In Rafa We Trust

Liverpool fans, on the other hand, lay the blame squarely at the Yanks' feet, not at Rafa's. The long-and-short of it is, they spouted a load of lies to gain control of the club, and then reneged on everything. While not guilty of criminally bad management of the club, like Ashley, financially, they have been a disaster for us.

Moores sold the club because he didn't have the resources to finance the new stadium. Hicks and Gillett (the evil one) were supposed to bring the financial muscle to get that off the ground. Instead, they've put is in a slightly less scary version of Man Utd's situation, where the club is expected to pay down the loan used to buy it.

Instead of the increased resources we need to compete with the likes of Man Utd and Chelsea, we're even more skint than ever. We finished second last season, and instead of £30m to make the big push, they tell Rafa he has to sell before he can buy.

So, we blame the American owners for the current situation on the grounds that they're a cancer on the club, and not Rafa, because we know he's still one of the best managers in Europe. He hasn't lost the plot, he hasn't lost the dressing room.

It was Rafa that fucked Xabi over which has cost ya's more than anything.  Derek Hatton still looks like the best left winger in Liverpool. How much has been spent on signing loads of shite youngsters from Spain & Eastern Europe are any of them even close to making the grade?  Back to wingers you have had a shed load & yet his solution for the right is he plays your best CM or Sloth out wide.  I hope you get decent owners in as that will mean Liverpool can see failings of In Rafa We Trust. That Italian ever likely to start 5 games off the belt yet?

The only downside to Rafa losing his job is it will make wankers like SAF & Big Sam v.happy.

WHEN Benitez goes, i suspect that Liverpool will hire a very good manager to replace him.

There's a little Portugese fella that is desperate for a return to England.

I'd hate it to happen as the longer Liverpool flounder the better but it would very very interesting to see if he could turn them around.

Let's see, we have a club being kept afloat by the £300m bank debt being renegotiated almost annually, a stadium that is at least 20,000 seats short of its ideal capacity, and no room to extend, two co-owners who will do anything to get at the other man, and a squad of average players who need to be shipped out very soon. Oh yes, and a tactically inept twat of a manager who has spunked over £100m on mediocrity and will cost £15m-20m to sack. That sounds like a bargain doesn't it?

Anyone who buys Liverpool right now must either be mental and/or so rich that the £500m+ needed to build a new stadium, clear debts etc. is pocket money.

= Feked.

Let's see, we have a club being kept afloat by the £300m bank debt being renegotiated almost annually, a stadium that is at least 20,000 seats short of its ideal capacity, and no room to extend, two co-owners who will do anything to get at the other man, and a squad of average players who need to be shipped out very soon. Oh yes, and a tactically inept twat of a manager who has spunked over £100m on mediocrity and will cost £15m-20m to sack. That sounds like a bargain doesn't it?

Anyone who buys Liverpool right now must either be mental and/or so rich that the £500m+ needed to build a new stadium, clear debts etc. is pocket money.

= Feked.

and yet the fucking jammy bastards that is liverpool will probably get the next bored sheikh who wants a toy.

liverpool have to be the luckiest club in history

Liverpool are also a brand name, you see their merchandise all over the place when you go abroad. I tend to see more kids support Liverpool than other non-local teams in the school I work at as well.

I can't get my head around how Liverpool fans love Rafa though. He has done well for them getting to 2 CL finals and winning one, as well as the FA cup etc., but the amount of money he has thrown away on average players is ridiculous... how anyone can justify 18m on a right back and then moan about needing more funds for strengthening is beyond me.

A CL absolves everything, really. If one of our managers won us the CL I could care less if we finished the following season 7th. Sure it may be time for a change, and should've happened a while back, but that shouldn't stop them from loving the man.

A CL absolves everything, really. If one of our managers won us the CL I could care less if we finished the following season 7th. Sure it may be time for a change, and should've happened a while back, but that shouldn't stop them from loving the man.

its clear that there needs to be a change, gerrard houllier was sacked for less than what rafas done but yet its in rafa we trust

Yeah, but on the other hand it was 5 years ago. And you say you'd be fine with finishing 7th but I doubt the majority will. Fans naturally tend to wand progression year after year and Liverpool haven't appeared to have done this at all.

SSSn this morning, on the ticker tape has Hicks quoted as saying he wants 800 million for Liverpool  :idiot2:

:mackems:

Does that include the debts too?  And the price of the new stadium that's required?.  And transfer cash for the coming season?

Even if the price to get the yanks to leave is a 1/4 of that, the club needs a fuck load of cash for rebuilding.

SSSn this morning, on the ticker tape has Hicks quoted as saying he wants 800 million for Liverpool  :idiot2:

Does that include the debts too?  And the price of the new stadium that's required?.  And transfer cash for the coming season?

Even if the price to get the yanks to leave is a 1/4 of that, the club needs a fuck load of cash for rebuilding.

i think thats just the asking price for the club

Not sure if anyone knows but.... is there anything to stop Gillett from selling his 50% share and Hicks keeping his 50%?

Sounds like Hicks is either severely deluded in thinking he can get £800m for the club or he's forcing Gillett to sell up by asking for so much, safe in the knowledge that no-one wil pay it? Silly internal, American power games going on methinks. 

i think thats just the asking price for the club

So when you add in the debts, the cost of a new stadium & transfer cash you're looking at close to £1.2 billion.

I was going to suggest that you could just as easily buy Man Utd for £800 million but I suspect that's where Hicks has got his valuation from.

Guest Geordiesned

Having knee surgery tonight apparently. Got to be a doubt for the World Cup you would have thought.