Smith

Butt

on

&

on

&

on...........

Footballers have no soul.

Eurosport only just catching up with this breaking news, it seems...

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com//04102007/58/premier-league-luque-pans-bizarre-shepherd.html

Premier League - Luque pans "bizarre" Shepherd

Eurosport - Thu, 04 Oct 13:16:00 2007

Former Newcastle striker Albert Luque has revealed how club chairman Freddy Shepherd casually let the Spaniard name his price during his £9.5 million transfer from Deportivo La Coruna.

Luque, now with Eredivisie side Ajax, spoke of how Shepherd quickly agreed to Luque's wage demands and Depotivo's asking price after they seemingly picked figures at random.

The forward, who started just six Premier League games during his two year spell on Tyneside, said: "No one could understand why I joined Newcastle but I got an offer I couldn't refuse. I had a meeting with Freddy Shepherd and he asked me what I wanted to earn.

"So I said an absurd, completely ridiculous amount [£85,000 a week] and he immediately said it was ok.

"The next day he spoke with Augusto Lendoiro, the chairman of Deportivo La Coruna.

"He asked what the price was and Lendoiro said 15 million euros. In both cases, Shepherd didn't even negotiate. It was bizarre."

Luque's revelations give an insight into the free-spending way in which Shepherd ran the North-East club.

Current Newcastle chairman Chris Mort had previously bemoaned the state of the club was in when he took over, saying that Newcastle were "close to folding like a pack of cards".

Mind, you've got to wonder what the point is of publishing these stories about Shepherd now. Someone (not pointing the finger, like) but someone seems to be on a bit of a mission to totally ruin the man now.

Guest BigSamsBarmyArmy

I don't understand how making a comment stating, "I'm only in it for my big pay-cheque and don't care for the club" is fair.

• 5 weeks later...

Scored today again for Ajax.

We lost a real gem!

He never would have cut it in the pl!Too much of a pussy tbh!Also where would he have played in our team?He may look good in the Dutch league because it aint one of the best leagues!Its only a mediocre league like Luque himself!

Scored today again for Ajax.

We lost a real gem!

He never would have cut it in the pl!Too much of a pussy tbh!Also where would he have played in our team?He may look good in the Dutch league because it aint one of the best leagues!Its only a mediocre league like Luque himself!

It's a fairly easy league aye. More time on the ball etc...

• 2 weeks later...
Hit man:

The rumble in De Kuip...

High jinks in the low countries at the weekend, where Feyenoord and Ajax faced each other and former Newcastle "striker" Albert Luque had to be subbed at half time after dressing room fisticuffs with one of his own team mates.

With the score at 1-0 to the Rotterdam side, Luis Suarez and Albert Luque failed to reappear after the break,  replacements Kennedy Bakircioglu and Dennis Rommedahl helping Ajax to an eventual 2-2 draw.

www.nufc.com

:giggle:

Hit man:

The rumble in De Kuip...

High jinks in the low countries at the weekend, where Feyenoord and Ajax faced each other and former Newcastle "striker" Albert Luque had to be subbed at half time after dressing room fisticuffs with one of his own team mates.

With the score at 1-0 to the Rotterdam side, Luis Suarez and Albert Luque failed to reappear after the break,  replacements Kennedy Bakircioglu and Dennis Rommedahl helping Ajax to an eventual 2-2 draw.

www.nufc.com

:giggle:

Champ Man legend.