Newcastle United 3 - 1 West Ham - 23/09/07 - Post match reaction from page 14

Dave

"Dominated the first half"

:lol: Only 'cos we sat off them. If we kept up the same level of pressure all game and didn't decide to sit back we would of kept a clean sheet.

After they scored it kinda woke us up a bit and after that it was a very open game with neither side dominating.

That was a strange game.  I was never comfortable until we got the third goal but in the end we could have won by more.

Every time we got the ball wide we looked threatening.  All 3 goals came from wide areas.  West Ham only ever looked dangerous from set pieces - I remember them getting a few free headers which is a concern but we got away with it.

Mike Riley  is a tw@t.  Why did he pull the game back to the half-way line for a free-kick to Newcastle when we were through on goal?  Fair enough if he'd booked somebody but he just spoke to the two players involved - completely nonsensical refereeing imo.

I still don't agree with playing better players out of position to accomodate Alan Smith.  Hopefully Enrique will get a start soon and we can start playing Milner AND Zoggy down the flanks.

Pretty poor first half but they came out and played excellent in the second half

the defence looked steady all game and beye looks very good already compared to carr and taylor at right back

Saw enough of martins in 30minutes for why he should be ahead of the 'dickhead' owen!

The little w****** can f*** off somewhere else for all im concerned

ovarall a good performance and n'zogbia proves why hes one of the best left footed players in the league  :smitten:

cant wait until enrique starts at left back with zoggy pushed up

for what reason does Owen deserve tha abuse?

tell me why he doesnt?

what did he do today? what did he do v derby? v wigan except grab a goal?

hes useless for us but excellent for england

i had a set 2 with 2 brain deads on way out of the ground.i was walking along side them and heard 1 of them say something along the lines of" papering over the cracks".i let rip saying "if your not happy feck off and dont come back",

i had a set 2 with 2 brain deads on way out of the ground.i was walking along side them and heard 1 of them say something along the lines of" papering over the cracks".i let rip saying "if your not happy feck off and dont come back",

and then what happened?

For once I cannot complain about anyone individually, we weren't outstanding but everyone played their part. I even thought Nicky Butt was quality, and that's saying something. This was exactly what we needed after Derby.

Strange day, strange game, strange time to be playing a football game - I thought the atmosphere was flat, but the applause at the start of the game was fantastic and was a pleasure to behold and set things up very nicely indeed.

N'Zogbia was outstanding again, Viduka looked world-class after what we saw from Ameobi on Monday and Habib Beye made one of the most solid home debuts I've seen for a long while. We still looked shaky at times and this is obviously not our first choice eleven just yet, but it's a good result that should give us a bit of confidence and give the Gaffer some more time.

I just wish Martins had stuck the 4th away to really round things off nicely, but he made the chance himself out of nothing and fair play to him for that.

Chuffed.

Pretty poor first half but they came out and played excellent in the second half

the defence looked steady all game and beye looks very good already compared to carr and taylor at right back

Saw enough of martins in 30minutes for why he should be ahead of the 'dickhead' owen!

The little w****** can f*** off somewhere else for all im concerned

ovarall a good performance and n'zogbia proves why hes one of the best left footed players in the league  :smitten:

cant wait until enrique starts at left back with zoggy pushed up

for what reason does Owen deserve tha abuse?

tell me why he doesnt?

what did he do today? what did he do v derby? v wigan except grab a goal?

hes useless for us but excellent for england

:jesuswept:

Guest RodrigoPalacio

Did anyone see Anton Ferdinand react to us shouting abuse at him today?  haha poor cunt got rinsed by a section of the East Stand when he went ape shit over a decision by the ref.  He was looking at us for about a minute.  Made my day.  He's fucking shite anarl.  Nearly as bad as his 'bruvva'.

Did anyone see Anton Ferdinand react to us shouting abuse at him today?  haha poor c*** got rinsed by a section of the East Stand when he went ape s*** over a decision by the ref.  He was looking at us for about a minute.  Made my day.  He's f****** s**** anarl.  Nearly as bad as his 'bruvva'.

What banter were you guys chucking his way?

I did see Big Sam & Butt have a mini ding dong across the pictch,  nothing major just the pair of them shouting & pointing very aggressively at each other.

Did anyone see Anton Ferdinand react to us shouting abuse at him today?  haha poor cunt got rinsed by a section of the East Stand when he went ape shit over a decision by the ref.  He was looking at us for about a minute.  Made my day.  He's fucking shite anarl.  Nearly as bad as his 'bruvva'.

His brother is miles better than him, which still isn't a compliment to either of them

Abdoulaye Faye was animated in the dugout. :lol:

:lol:

Did you see SA reaction when we scored our 3rd :lol:

It was absolute quality, they were like a pack of apes, just screaming at each other, pushing each other, it also looked like Sam punched a couple of the backroom staff in the stomach :lol:

Guest RodrigoPalacio

Did anyone see Anton Ferdinand react to us shouting abuse at him today?  haha poor c*** got rinsed by a section of the East Stand when he went ape s*** over a decision by the ref.  He was looking at us for about a minute.  Made my day.  He's f****** s**** anarl.  Nearly as bad as his 'bruvva'.

What banter were you guys chucking his way?

The usual racist northern lout stuff.

No lol, just shouting "Wehey!" and "HEY RIO, UR SHIT!" and he kinda didn't like it, gave us that "ur not down with it in da hood" look.