Stadium Expansion

Decky

The plans from last season, there isnt any talk of all that these days, and tbh i was really excited about it all, not just for the expansion within the ground but because of the business having the hotel etc would generate and how all of it would vastly improve the surrounding area of SJP making the stadium look like an even better place to go to.

Basically i was just wondering if the new board are no longer going ahead with the expansion? or maybe nothing has been said?

The plans from last season, there isnt any talk of all that these days, and tbh i was really excited about it all, not just for the expansion within the ground but because of the business having the hotel etc would generate and how all of it would vastly improve the surrounding area of SJP making the stadium look like an even better place to go to.

Basically i was just wondering if the new board are no longer going ahead with the expansion? or maybe nothing has been said?

Unless I missed it.

I think Mort said a while ago that initially they were focussing on bringing in new players, but that the expansion plans is one of a number of things that were going to be looked at during the transfer window, so I assume they will be looking at it now, or in the near future.

I want the expansion plan to go head and all the fans should support this St James park is our greatest asset and we have to develop and manintain our great asset to be a force to be reckone with. I wish Mr. Ahely relise this expand the stand.

But if we expand it to a size where there's always a load of empty seats it could quite easily become our greatest liability. There's no point having a huge stadium that's always half empty. Shepherd's main priority was to make us look like a big club, the new guys seem to actually want to make us a successful club. That's measured on the pitch, not off it.

if we were to expand to say to 60,000, we have to wait until there's 10,000 locked out of each game. right now there's still something like 1 - 2,000 short each game, so an expansion would be pointless at this time. would look amazing like if done.

Surely it makes sense to get it in place now as hopefully with the team progressing we will get to a point where we are in Europe alot, doing well in cups and fighting for the title/top 4 again and at that point the stadium would be ready and we could get close to 60,000. Plus it's free so why not.

One of the reasons Milburn level 7 is always empty is the fact that it is too expensive. £39 for a s**** view of the match, compared to lower, cheaper parts of the ground and the absolutely apallingly bad atmosphere. If it was £25  a ticket it would be full practicly every game. The Leazes level 7 is full and that is cheaper than the rest of the ground. Enough said.

dont really see the empty seats for games a problem to be honest in regards to atmosphere, another side of the stadium brought round to the same height might even help the acoustics.

think we would fill it fot the glamour games but would struggle for the bottom half teams, all depends on what pricing structure the club adopts.

I remember hearing Mort saying how Expansion plans would be put on the back burner until our squad settled, the takeover was done and everyone was bedded in, including our finances on the whole.

Doesn't bother me at all, expansion plans can wait a long time as long as we keep moving forward as a team.  :thup:

Guest justin99.

If it was given the go ahead, how long would you think it would take to complete?

What would the stadium capacity be reduced to during construction?