Arsenal Carling Cup player ratings

Dr. TC

Guest johnnyappleseed

I guess cause their average age is 20. and they are kids in footballing terms. when hansen said manure couldn't win things with kids they weren't exactly 16 years old ... the kids he was referring to were like 23 and they weren't even the majority.

Why the negative mood? I never expect we win Arsenal's kids and I was kind of glad that we lose by two goals only.  Did not watch the match but was quite pleased.  Anyone who think we can beat Arsenal at their home ground must be really dreaming.  On paper, we are of a lesser quality than them...maybe Martins is better than Bentdar but if I am a neutral, I would pick Arsenal's players anytime over ours.  So tbh, this is not a bad result and lets not worry that we cannot win Arsenal's kids as we are still some way short from them even though they are kids.  Remember some of these kids thumped Liverpool last season.  We should start concentrating consoldiating our position as a top 10 side (against the likes of Spurs, Man City, Portsmouth, Blackburn, Villa..) before we think we can nick points off the big guns.  Do not give pressure to the team and manager as we are just putting stupid and uncalled stress on them...this is just like putting pressure on Sunderland to win at the Nou Camp against Barca(should such a match actually suffice;not likely i know...hahahah). 

tbf the liverpool side had the likes of paletta, guthrie, gonzalez, peltier, fowler, warnock and dudek so not exactly first choice. and the arsenal side started with toure and fabregas.

True.  But we have to admit, we are not as good as Arsenal.  Lets move on...we are talking like we should beat them as if they are a Championship side.  That young Arsenal team is way better than our current first team so lets be gracious losers for once.  Lets get behind the lads and give them encouragement for the Man City game...am sure some of the lads are lacking in confidence now (eg Oba) after losing to a bunch of boys but I hope they realise these boys are very very good and no shame losing to them.  I am afraid self doubt might creep in and we embark on a losing streak. 

Even though they are "kids" you gotta understand they have been trained by Wenger for 3-4 seasons already.

Tbh this team isn't much weaker than the 1st lineup---or else how could they able to reach the final?

The same kids who knocked out Everton, Liverpool and Spurs last season. Was no disgrace last night, the way some folk have reacted makes you think more of the Wigan cup exit a few years back.

Beaten by a better side. It will happen against good teams so just accept it.

I love the fact their "kids" include 17million pound man Eduardo, 12 million pound man Walcott, Bentner, Eboue and Senderos amoung other.

Yea i know, Thats why i asked why it was called Arsenal's kids.

Tbh i dont think this defeat says how poor we are but how strong Arsenal are, That team in all fairness would have a good chance at finishing 5th in the league.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

Beye 6 - Looked pacy but struggled with Walcott

Enrique 8 - MOTM The one bright point in the whole game. Looked strong and reasonably quick, dealt with threats down his flank, often helped Rozenhal out of his messes. Also looked a threat going forwards first half with some good balls into the box, especially given his left wing partner Shola Ame-retard-obi.

Faye 6 - Solid but slow

We were played off the park in all honesty. :(

Bollocks you were there.

Beye was troubled by Clichy, I think he dealt with Walcott well.

Enrique ... 8!!! No way does he deserve an eight, plethora of errors and uncertain hoofs of the pitch.

Faye was one of our best player, very high pass success rate, lots of great tackles, was more than ''solid'' in the centre of the park.

Enrique 8 - MOTM The one bright point in the whole game. Looked strong and reasonably quick, dealt with threats down his flank, often helped Rozenhal out of his messes. Also looked a threat going forwards first half with some good balls into the box, especially given his left wing partner Shola Ame-retard-obi.

Faye 6 - Solid but slow

Bollocks you were there.

Enrique ... 8!!! No way does he deserve an eight, plethora of errors and uncertain hoofs of the pitch.

Faye was one of our best player, very high pass success rate, lots of great tackles, was more than ''solid'' in the centre of the park.

Because he has a diffrent view to you of the game he wasn't there?

:lol:

I was there mate.

Faye got beaten to balls left right and centre due to a lack of pace. If you notice though, I did give him the highest rating of any of our midfield.

Beye did struggle with Walcott IMO, but I agree he wasn't completely overrun. When Walcott switched sides Enrique seemed to deal with him much better despite seeming slower.

I was there mate.

Faye got beaten to balls left right and centre due to a lack of pace. If you notice though, I did give him the highest rating of any of our midfield.

Beye did struggle with Walcott IMO, but I agree he wasn't completely overrun. When Walcott switched sides Enrique seemed to deal with him much better despite seeming slower.

The radio seemed to think Enrique was good. Infact they praised all of our defence

Faye 6 - Solid but slow

Bollocks you were there.

That's what I thought. (Player ratings, not him not being there.)

Guest kingdawson

I love the fact their "kids" include 17million pound man Eduardo, 12 million pound man Walcott, Bentner, Eboue and Senderos amoung other.

Eduardo 17 million? Is that in Dollars?

He cost a bit over 7 mill not 17 mill.

Eduardo 17 million? Is that in Dollars?

He cost a bit over 7 mill not 17 mill.

Bent was the one that cost £17 million isn't that right Kingdawson?

Bit pricey for a bench warmer. Could have just used some old duvets for the same effect.

I thought that we were negative and gave possession away far too easily, especially in the second-half. I don't mind the limited approach to the game that Allardyce took IF all we wanted to do was avoid a spanking and sneak it. However, we DID take a spanking in footballing terms. Give any Arsenal team the ball the way we did and you're asking for it. That said, I thought the defence (including Given) showed real resilience. Walcott did move from the left hand side frequently in the second half showing that Milner and Beye had coped. The goal came after Milner was substituted resulting in Smith playing on the right. He positions himself far too narrowly from a defensive point of view, we were exposed, they delivered a great cross and the game was over. We did show more in the last few minutes with a 4 4 2. 4 4 2 little 2 late.