Reserves beat Wigan 3-1; Barton scores and plays well

ChrisJbarnes
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What about the other first-teamers, Greg? Sounds like Enrique did well for that second goal and Emre scored a nice free-kick.

Read the other thread that I was posting in from my mobile while I was at the match.

If i'm being honest, so far at Newcastle Joey Barton hasn't put a foot wrong. He's done and said all the right things, gone and supported the team, and generally come across as a top bloke despite his reputation as a "bad boy" and a nob head. To me it seems like all his hard work to improve himself is paying off and long may it continue.

If i'm being honest, so far at Newcastle Joey Barton hasn't put a foot wrong. He's done and said all the right things, gone and supported the team, and generally come across as a top bloke despite his reputation as a "bad boy" and a nob head. To me it seems like all his hard work to improve himself is paying off and long may it continue.

Can't disagree with a word of that. :nods:

I hope he's learning he's had too many setbacks in his life so far and a couple more misdemeanours may mean the end for him. I reckon Allardyce may have made this point to him before he signed anyway.

Looking forward to getting Barton in the team like.  Him and Emre could be canny imo.

should suit each other perfectly those two. Should be them two in the middle for every home game when fit

Agree. Make Barton captain, drop Geremi, who would be a super-sub as he can play both midfield and defence. And have Milner and N'Zogbia on the wings.

Definitely. His interview with World after the game was canny as well, saying how he's tried to contribute to morale and team-spirit whilst being out.

Looking forward to getting Barton in the team like.  Him and Emre could be canny imo.

should suit each other perfectly those two. Should be them two in the middle for every home game when fit

maybe im just thick but why every home game? why would we have to change tactics purely because of the stadium we are playing in?

maybe im just thick but why every home game? why would we have to change tactics purely because of the stadium we are playing in?

Does this seriously require explanation?

Teams playing at home tend to be a little more agressive going forward, and depending on the quality of that team, it may require us to adjust tactics to prepare for that.  Also, a partisan crowd can affect players' performances.

Does this seriously require explanation?

Teams playing at home tend to be a little more agressive going forward, and depending on the quality of that team, it may require us to adjust tactics to prepare for that.  Also, a partisan crowd can affect players' performances.

It may do, actually. Studies have shown the the principal reason (after crowd effect, ref bias, etc.) why teams lose more on the road is simply because they are more defensive.

Average Joe is so deluded

JIMMY GREAVES

JOEY BARTON said this week Manchester City should be very grateful to him.

He claims that had it not been for the likes of himself City would never have attracted billionaire owner Thaksin Shinawatra or new boss Sven Goran Eriksson.

They could have gone down without Barton, according to the humble and very average midfielder.

Interesting that. Last season Barton played 33 league games for City of which they won nine.

Wow, good job he was around.

Barton was part of a City team that failed to score a goal at home from New Year’s Day to the end of the season.

This is also the backside-baring man who got involved in a pre-season fight in 2005 with an Everton fan in the Far East.

He’s stubbed out a cigar in a youth team player’s eye on a Christmas night out and is now facing a court case over an alleged assault on City player Ousmane Dabo on the training ground last season.

I don’t know about you but I think City are well off without him. If he was still there now he would not get in Sven’s team because he is not good enough.

So Joey before you start spouting this nonsense again please engage brain.

That’s presuming there is one there.

:giggle: