Man City 3 - 1 Newcastle - 29/09/2007 - Post match reaction from page 19

Wullie

Good game, IMO. Both teams are attacking and playing some decent football. Martins, Smith and N'Zogbia has been great for us so far, with good performances from Viduka and Milner as well. Want to see Enrique now, we've been quite vulnerable on our left

Martins and Viduka have both played very well, imo.

Best comment of the half had to be when they were talking about Owen's injury, they were saying how some were optimistic in looking at the England games and the commentator goes, "Forget about England, let's talk about Newcastle...they pay his wages after all."  :clap:

Martins man of the match so far. Really doing a great job getting into all sorts of dangerous attacking positions as a wide forward in this 4-3-3. To be far Milner has also got himself in some great positions playing the same position but has tended to overcomplicate things. Viduka is making life a lot easier for Martins by directing him and making himself available for the ball early and often.

I think we have looked awesome considering we haven't played this formation that often with these players. I can't imagine how good we would be in this setup by now if we had played it consistently since we played Bolton.

Been watching the first half without looking at the thread, quite surprised so many people are so negative.

City have been quite good, they're playing some very good stuff. Our defenders have had some hairy moments alright but they've hardly been dreadful in general, sometimes you just have to give credit to the other team.

Going forward we've looked a lot more effective than previously in the 4-3-3, we desperately need someone with a bit more attacking talents in the middle though. Think this game could be well suited to Emre, it's quite open, hope he gets 30 minutes.

Viduka has been excellent. Although they're better than us in possession, we're getting chances.

We're getting ripped apart down Zoggy's side. I'm not sure if the problem is his positioning, or whether he's not getting help.

Difficult to know how this one is going to go.

We're getting ripped apart down Zoggy's side. I'm not sure if the problem is his positioning, or whether he's not getting help

I think the main problem is that he's pretty much on his own down the left.

Been watching the first half without looking at the thread, quite surprised so many people are so negative.

City have been quite good, they're playing some very good stuff. Our defenders have had some hairy moments alright but they've hardly been dreadful in general, sometimes you just have to give credit to the other team.

Going forward we've looked a lot more effective than previously in the 4-3-3, we desperately need someone with a bit more attacking talents in the middle though. Think this game could be well suited to Emre, it's quite open, hope he gets 30 minutes.

Have been very impressed with our play too. Think the 4-3-3 has looked very much an attacking setup with this set of players we have playingin it right now.

Like you say though, with one central midfielder who is a bit more forward thinking this formation could be really exciting. The sooner Barton and Emre are more up to speed the better.